SportsWrath

New York Giants 2011 draft thread

Lughead

I really don't like the Cowboys taking Carter... has huge upside, but this may be a blessing in disguise when we look at this pick later. It's a guy I would've liked if the Giants had drafted him. But he does carry significant risk. I'm not too pissed.

I'd like to point out that I got both of those guesses in before I was proved wrong. Brooks Reed to the Texans. They are remaking their defense to the 3-4, but I really don't understand taking two pass rushers in the first and second when that secondary is an absolute mess. Rahim Moore and Brandon Harris sitting there for the taking. But I'm not too mad, we are 10 picks away and a few of my faves are still on the board.

I really thought Mikel Leshoure would be gone by now. Vikes on the clock, and I think they may go Paea, here, who I would love to slip to the Giants. But the Williams boys are getting old. Another option, and a damn good one is DaQuan Bowers... Ray Edwards is a free agent and wasn't that good anyway, and Bowers could potentially be a huge plus on the edge to pair with Jared Allen on the other side. I'd suspect DT is their pick, though.

Or WR... Sidney Rice is a free agency and is unlikely to be retained. Leonard Hankerson?

WOW, Visanthe Shiancoe not good enough? Dumb pick for the Vikes there, I believe. They have made two questionable picks in this draft, I'm giving them a C- so far. They could've made a much bigger impact on their team. Rudolph, while the highest rated TE, has not shown durability... he has more bust potential than people want to think.