SportsWrath

New York Giants 2011 draft thread

Lughead

Guest StrahansGap

Eli threw 25 interceptions last year. Are the giants planning on addressing this problem? OL's are disappearing....

I don't like Marvin Austin, he has character issues and is at times very lazy. Wasn't very productive either at UNC, even though he was much hyped coming out of high school. This does not seem like a Giants pick too me. I am dissapointed, with Leshoure or Jernigan sitting there. Also, if we go back or WR it means to end of Bradshaw or Smith, which of been much better then the end of Coefield

I don't like Marvin Austin, he has character issues and is at times very lazy. Wasn't very productive either at UNC, even though he was much hyped coming out of high school. This does not seem like a Giants pick too me. I am dissapointed, with Leshoure or Jernigan sitting there. Also, if we go back or WR it means to end of Bradshaw or Smith, which of been much better then the end of Coefield

You would rather Lose Smith in order to keep Coefield :doh:

:facepalm::rolleyes:

Guest StrahansGap

The Giants plan on putting blinkers on Eli. Or having all the wide receivers wear NO 17.

Lol. I hear ya man. Frustrating. I hope Eli has the season of his career this year.....if there is a season.

Lug, Cofield has a much brighter future in the NFL than Steve Smith at this point. Smith might NEVER be the same. He may NEVER regain his speed. He is a big question mark, and a major reason I wanted Greg Little to fall to us.

Smith is rehabbing well and by all reports is coming along much like KP did.

Smith will be going by week one but it may take time for him to return to 100%. Besides we loso Cofield it's no big deal we got Joseph and Austin now. So lose Smith and Eli is fucked, with dropsy #88 and #82.

Smith will be going by week one but it may take time for him to return to 100%. Besides we loso Cofield it's no big deal we got Joseph and Austin now. So lose Smith and Eli is fucked, with dropsy #88 and #82.

And Austin hasn't played football in over a year.There was more value at receiver then DT there, at least to me

it's a lot easier to find WR's then DT's. Smith is also injured and won't be ready until probably mid October. I love Steve Smith don't get me wrong,but Coefield was one of the best DT's in the NFL last year.

Steve Smith second round pick.

Barry Cofield fourth round pick.

We now have two second round DTs in Joseph and Austin....who is easier to replace?

Guest StrahansGap

This statement right here is worse than any comment I have ever made about Eli Manning on this website. Barry Cofield is arguably the best player on the entire fucking team. If he ain't the best......he's definitely the most underrated and under-appreciated Giant in the history of the franchise.

And Austin hasn't played football in over a year.There was more value at receiver then DT there, at least to me

And by all accounts one of the better DT in the draft, who would of gone top 15 if he didnt miss a year.

Last I checked we had a pretty good D-line that he could be groomed behind.

This statement right here is worse than any comment I have ever made about Eli Manning on this website. Barry Cofield is arguably the best player on the entire fucking team. If he ain't the best......he's definitely the most underrated and under-appreciated Giant in the history of the franchise.

And you are saying my comment was the worst comment ever made on the website? :facepalm:

Before our next pick, #83 overall, I think the Seahawks (#75), 49ers (#76), or the Redskins (#79) I think would be the most likely teams to go after DeMarco Murray. I think if Murray is there for the Giants, you have to take him.

Guest StrahansGap

And you are saying my comment was the worst comment ever made on the website? :facepalm:

NO!!! We have Prince Nas to thank for that! Just kidding Nas......... and Nothing personal Blue. But that was a horrendous statement. You can retract now and I won't hold it against you....i promise.