SportsWrath

New York Giants 2011 draft thread

Lughead

I don't know what is going on. I thought if you were skipped, you moved to the last pick in the round. Weird.

Ingram to the Saints. Don't be jealous of the Saints, guys... I've watched film on Ingram, Ryan Williams, Leshoure, and DeMarco Murray.... in my opinion, Ingram had the least WOW factor in that group. It's very possible that the Saints got the 4th or 5th best RB in this draft class... we'll know in 3 years or so.

I heard Leshoure was better than Ingram. also dosent he have a Knee issue? Reggie Bush is in a contract year also right?

IMO, Leshoure IS better than Ingram. Leshoure is still on the board. Da'Quan Bowers is still on the board, for a guy many projected to go #1 overall, what a shocker that he doesn't even go in the first round.

Isn't Bowers the one with the palsy in his arm & shoulder?

Who looks good at LB in the 2nd? Doubtful Ayers falls to us. Maybe someone like Stephen Paea (DT) will?

I don't know what is going on. I thought if you were skipped, you moved to the last pick in the round. Weird.

Ingram to the Saints. Don't be jealous of the Saints, guys... I've watched film on Ingram, Ryan Williams, Leshoure, and DeMarco Murray.... in my opinion, Ingram had the least WOW factor in that group. It's very possible that the Saints got the 4th or 5th best RB in this draft class... we'll know in 3 years or so.

I had Ingram going to Seattle and LeShoure going to New Orleans. Maybe Seattle tried trading back into the first after taking Ingrams guard, but didn't have enough ammo.

The happiest veteran QB's in the NFL today have to be:

Matt Ryan - getting another sick weapon in the arsenal in Julio Jones to pair with White.

Peyton Manning - Getting a blindside protector in Castonzo is just what Peyton needed... if Castonzo is a quick study, Peyton could have a resurgent season.

Matt Cassell - Now has another tall, fast WR in Jonathan Baldwin to pair with Bowe.

Drew Brees - If the draftniks are right about this guy, he's going to make that offense more balanced, and make defenses have to worry about an in-between the tackles runner.

Tony Romo - After he got killed by the Giants last year, you have to believe he breathed a sigh of relief that they got the best tackle in the class... too bad we're still gonna hit him anyway.

giantswfan

hearing several #NFL teams have flat-out pulled no. carolina OLB bruce carter off their board b/c of ACL issue

That's why DA'quan Bowers is sliding down also although a different problem with the knee debris floating around in his knee and he will need Surgery and he would be laid up for 8 months . He also is susceptible to Micro fractures.... all this per ESPN.

RD 2 Summary

#33. Patriots - Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia

#34. Bills - Aaron Williams, CB, Texas

#35 Bengals - Andy Dalton, QB, TCU

#36 49ers - Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada

#37 Browns - Jabaal Sheard, DE, Pittsburgh (underrated pick here, and Cleveland has really upgraded their D-line in this draft)

RD 2 Summary

#33. Patriots - Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia

#34. Bills - Aaron Williams, CB, Texas

#35 Bengals - Andy Dalton, QB, TCU

#36 49ers - Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada

Kaeperwho????????