SportsWrath

Give credit to Gilbride against Jacksonville

Tempest

He made the changes necessary to win the game. This game would not have been won if we stayed with three WR sets. I only wish he spend as much time focusing on throwing the ball to our talented tight ends and running backs as he did our wide receivers. We always look forward to hearing about how our wide receivers spend time catching passes from Eli Manning in the offseason and hopefully this offseason our RBs and TEs put an equal amount of time in so that this team can survive injuries to our WR core in the future.

He made the changes necessary to win the game. This game would not have been won if we stayed with three WR sets. I only wish he spend as much time focusing on throwing the ball to our talented tight ends and running backs and he did our wide receivers. We always look forward to hearing about how our wide receivers spend time catching passes from Eli Manning in the offseason and hopefully this offseason our RBs and TEs put an equal amount of time in so that this team can survive injuries to our WR core in the future.

Agree 100%.....Gilbride did alot with what he had to work with.

I'd call it a lot of players not used to stepping up and leading the offense.

The entire team came out playing like they wanted to win in the second half, from the players to the coaches.

Dont ask me what the hell was up with the first half though.

wow. you guys are giving praise to this dude who's middle name is "open book"... the Jag's defense is rank near bottom of the league and he has to pull some crazy prayers for us to just sneak in a win?? and that's because our Defense went ape shit on Garrard and Co.

let's imagine our Defense gave up the TD and lost this game.. i'm sure the tone here would be quit different and you guys are out for blood....

wow. you guys are giving praise to this dude who's middle name is "open book"... the Jag's defense is rank near bottom of the league and he has to pull some crazy prayers for us to just sneak in a win?? and that's because our Defense went ape shit on Garrard and Co.

let's imagine our Defense gave up the TD and lost this game.. i'm sure the tone here would be quit different and you guys are out for blood....

The D really did come out in the second half with an entirely new identify. This is one of those games where I wish we had a hidden mic in the locker room so we could hear Coughlin at his finest.

Given how banged up the offense is, I think Gilbride and Eli put together a decent game on offense.

The defense came alive in the 2nd half, but seriously, if Jax scored the game winning TD, I think the Defense would have been the goat.

Consider the fact that the defense could not get off the field the entire 1st half.....the Giants offense didn't have many opportunities.

right, we should not praise, only criticize!

I think Gilbride is a decent (not great) playcaller who's offense is a bit overcomplicated and will royally fuck up at least two games per season when he tries to get too cute with his playcalling.

By the way, that was a run-on sentence.

I will never be able to give Gilbride credit for anything. Whenever he does something creative I swear the offensive players made a mistake and got the wrong call and did it themselves.

Grass is always greener on the other side. Say what you will about his play calling, the guy has won us a lot of games. Eli needs to throw lasers like he did early on in the season and take care of the ball.. we'll be rolling.

I think Gilbride is a decent (not great) playcaller who's offense is a bit overcomplicated and will royally fuck up at least two games per season when he tries to get too cute with his playcalling.

By the way, that was a run-on sentence.

Several times on the radio feed Carl Banks called it a modified run and shoot offense. And when callers called in to complain about Gilbride's offensive play calling Banks broke it down on how many reads the QB and WR have on a given play and that its a system that is definitely not geared for guys who just came in off of the street or who are not extremely smart. He was also implying that many times when it looks like Eli is at fault its because the WR made an incorrect read at the line of scrimmage. I would say that its an overcomplicated system with too many variables. Banks also implied that is why the Giants usually only have 5-6 seconds to call a play at the line.

there's only been about 2 games that i can complain about the offensive playcalling this year which is probably pretty standard for most teams. i like that we're not relying on bradshaw so much too. there was one stretch in the second dallas game where we ran/threw to bradshaw like 5 plays in a row and then surprise surprise he fumbled on the last play. there's no reason to do that with a guy who is always banged up/fumbling and im glad we got away from that a bit yesterday

Several times on the radio feed Carl Banks called it a modified run and shoot offense. And when callers called in to complain about Gilbride's offensive play calling Banks broke it down on how many reads the QB and WR have on a given play and that its a system that is definitely not geared for guys who just came in off of the street or who are not extremely smart. He was also implying that many times when it looks like Eli is at fault its because the WR made an incorrect read at the line of scrimmage. I would say that its an overcomplicated system with too many variables. Banks also implied that is why the Giants usually only have 5-6 seconds to call a play at the line.

Very good summary....it explains why, when everything clicks, the offense is a buzz saw. It also explains how easily things can break down (which happens more than everyone would like).

With respect to Killdrive, it's really hard for me to critique the play calling given all the turnovers....if the Giants were "+" on the turnover ratio, it would be a little easier for me to judge.

you know the dog always loves the gilbride criticism. for years the giants offense has been productive. the same people that want to praise eli for simply walking into the room will rip the offensive coordinator who has overseen his development and whose game plans allow manning to produce what he has. the same people who want to constantly use injuries or suspensions/imprisonment as an excuse will not give gilbride credit for still having a competive offense on the field. enough already. let him go off and see what the giants replace him with...the dog heard wade phillips needs a job, and since defense wasn' that strong for him, maybe he can give offense a try...

you know the dog always loves the gilbride criticism. for years the giants offense has been productive. the same people that want to praise eli for simply walking into the room will rip the offensive coordinator who has overseen his development and whose game plans allow manning to produce what he has. the same people who want to constantly use injuries or suspensions/imprisonment as an excuse will not give gilbride credit for still having a competive offense on the field. enough already. let him go off and see what the giants replace him with...the dog heard wade phillips needs a job, and since defense wasn' that strong for him, maybe he can give offense a try...

Having been one Eli's supporters and the one who said "grass is greener on the other side" when it comes to those who criticize Glibride.. I say I'm on good footing :)

you know the Polish Sausage always loves the Eli criticism. for years the giants offense has been productive. the same people that want to praise Gilbride for simply walking into the room will rip the quarterback who has overseen the development of untested wide receivers and whose execution allows Gilbride to run the complicated offense he has installed. the same people who want to constantly use injuries or suspensions/imprisonment as an excuse will not give Eli credit for still having a productive offense on the field. enough already. let him go off and see what the giants replace him with...the Sausage heard Romo will be healthy soon, and maybe we can swing a trade for him

you know the Polish Sausage always loves the Eli criticism. for years the giants offense has been productive. the same people that want to praise Gilbride for simply walking into the room will rip the quarterback who has overseen the development of untested wide receivers and whose execution allows Gilbride to run the complicated offense he has installed. the same people who want to constantly use injuries or suspensions/imprisonment as an excuse will not give Eli credit for still having a productive offense on the field. enough already. let him go off and see what the giants replace him with...the Sausage heard Romo will be healthy soon, and maybe we can swing a trade for him

exactly the dog's point. you can't have it both ways. the dog would never praise gilbride for walking in the room, but as far as OC go, he is solid, and the offensive results speak for themselves. is he bill walsh? no. he is solid, and his system seems to produce positive results. so why make him the scapegoat every other week when the giants lose? given what is out there, the giants could be doing a whole lot worse with OCs.

and relax a little joe, the dog has always maintained that little eli is a solid QB as well. inconsistent, not elite, but solid. the fact that you can't handle someone not elevating eli to royalty status is your own bizzare, at times uncomfortable issue...blunatic random jump in with no real substance in 3...2...1...