SportsWrath

Giants interested in bringing back Plax

BIGBLUE01

Burress to be released

Giants interested in re-signing WR Burress

Former New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress(notes) is going to be released early from prison in about two or three weeks due to his good behavior, a source that's visited him told the New York Post. And the paper reports that the Giants are interested in re-signing the man who took a gun into a Manhattan nightclub and accidentally shot himself in the leg late in 2008.

Burress is still likely to get a suspension from the league and be released into work-release that will preclude him from rejoining his former team right away.

When he finally becomes available, though, Giants general manager Jerry Reese told the Post, "We'll definitely investigate it."

What do you guys think???

Burress to be released

Giants interested in re-signing WR Burress

What do you guys think???

I'm shocked. IF he ever wears a Giants uniform again, he better stay humble, and show up when it's time to show up. I'm not sure if prison really changes a person.... his problems with the Giants went beyond clubbing with handguns. To be honest, I'm fully past (waaaay past) the Plaxico era... and am ready for these young guns to make names for themselves (Nicks, Barden).

Burress is still likely to get a suspension from the league and be released into work-release that will preclude him from rejoining his former team right away.

Being an NFL player doesn't count towards a work-release?

As for signing him again....meh. I wouldn't hate on the guy for being a huge part of the collapse of the 08 season. And he would certainly bring some skills that are missing from the receiving game if Barden doesn't make a huge leap. But we already have Smith, Manningham, Nicks, Barden, Hagen and....ugh....Moss. If Nicks is banged up real bad ok but overall not so sure I want him back.

Being an NFL player doesn't count towards a work-release?

As for signing him again....meh. I wouldn't hate on the guy for being a huge part of the collapse of the 08 season. And he would certainly bring some skills that are missing from the receiving game if Barden doesn't make a huge leap. But we already have Smith, Manningham, Nicks, Barden, Hagen and....ugh....Moss. If Nicks is banged up real bad ok but overall not so sure I want him back.

My guess is he'll be on probation which would restrict his travel outside of New Jersey. Maybe that's what's mean t here.

With Nicks and Hixon down and other WR's hurting, we could end up short on recievers. I would offer Plax a one-year deal for low bucks and fill it with incentives so that if he lit up the field for the year, he'd make a lot of money and a chance for a new one-year contract. I think he's a Giant in his heart and he does have talent when he shapes up and gives it his all.

And if we did sign him, I'd make it crystal clear that any attitude problems or dumb mistakes and he'd be cut so fast he wouldn't know what hit him.

With the probation restrictions and a league suspension yet to be worked out there is ZERO chance he'll be playing anywhere this season.

The Giants suspended him at the end of 2008 no? If so, then the league may and should just let it go.. the dude already paid his dues.

I'm shocked. IF he ever wears a Giants uniform again, he better stay humble, and show up when it's time to show up. I'm not sure if prison really changes a person.... his problems with the Giants went beyond clubbing with handguns. To be honest, I'm fully past (waaaay past) the Plaxico era... and am ready for these young guns to make names for themselves (Nicks, Barden).

Exactly.

All Steve Smith did was beat Plax's career bests in catches, yards, 1st downs, TDs... and NOT shoot himself in the leg.

No thanks.

Exactly.

All Steve Smith did was beat Plax's career bests in catches, yards, 1st downs, TDs... and NOT shoot himself in the leg.

No thanks.

The case for Plax can be made in one word...

Moss.

The Giants suspended him at the end of 2008 no? If so, then the league may and should just let it go.. the dude already paid his dues.

Goodall would have to give him the green light for reinstatement to the league first, and he's shown with Vick and Pacman that he's in no hurry to usher guys back in after bringing the game into disrepute. I highly doubt Plax could join any team before next year's training camp.

Exactly.

No thanks.

1st downs and receptions maybe but Smith is no where near beating Plax in yards/TDs in terms of career numbers. As a Giant Smith has Plax in 1st downs, receptions and slighlty beat in yards but Plax still holds more TDs better Avg/per game and longest receptions.

Smith is a Welker type of guy, get alot of balls thrown to him and make the first down. Plax is the play maker catches TD which is what you want him to do, plus the better red zone threat (which were lacking I might add)

Two different types of WRs, it's like comparing Welker to Moss or in this case Smith to Plax.

The case for Plax can be made in one word...

Moss.

Sinorice Moss has just never been given a chance. If he was our #1, he would lead the league with 1800+ yards and 20 TDs every season.

I'll bet you a dollar.

I hate to say it, but other than Nicks...we don't really have an end zone threat...not with Jacobs performance last year....and Steve Smith is more of a chain mover between the 20's type player....

I'd love to have Burress back...if he keeps his head on straight, he can only help the team.

I think it's only right we bring Plax back. Not just do we have a wasted spot called Moss, Plax is a Giant.. say what you will but his performance in Green Bay was epic... I said it before he shot himself.. the kid looked like he was crying for help... fine.. he shot himself.. went to jail.. etc. Resigning him, if possible, makes sense on so many levels...