SportsWrath

Giants interested in bringing back Plax

BIGBLUE01

Boss? Nicks? (Maybe) Barden?

And you're assuming Plaxico can still play. He's 33 and has never been known for his work ethic. No work ethic = no longevity.

Wasn't Eli quoted in saying that Plaxico was one of the hardest studying WRs he's seen? Plax gave Eli his play book one day and Eli was amazed by the amount of detail Plax had added to the playbook?

Plax showed up to majority of team meetings late so sue the guy I can recall a soon to be hall of fame DE who was constantly late to team meetings but no one cared about that.

I don't see this argument that Plax was a team cancer, he helped lead the Giants to a SB championship and also was one of Eli's top passing threats when he was with us.

I'll always remember Plax for what he did with the Giants from the SB catch, to his performance in Green Bay and also just being there on the field helping us win games. He and Eli helped each other out and I can recall numerous times Eli would chuck a pass up to Plax that he would snag even though it should of clearly never been thrown. I'll remember Plax as the Giant he was and wont condemn him as easily as some folk on here do and would welcome him back to the franchise if the option ever came up.

I didn't know he's played spectacularly at times- That's good to hear- Can you show examples?

Just from reading camp reports, for what little they're worth. I haven't seen film of it, but there was supposedly one play where he was running straight down the sideline and the ball was too far over the sideline...well, too far for most guys. Barden reached over the sideline and pulled it in one handed, without breaking stride or going out of bounds. Seems like there have been lots of highlight reel plays out of Barden in camp. Moss too, actually...but he can only do it when there's no chance he'll have to take a hit. I still have hope for Barden.

Wasn't Eli quoted in saying that Plaxico was one of the hardest studying WRs he's seen? Plax gave Eli his play book one day and Eli was amazed by the amount of detail Plax had added to the playbook?

Plax showed up to majority of team meetings late so sue the guy I can recall a soon to be hall of fame DE who was constantly late to team meetings but no one cared about that.

I don't see this argument that Plax was a team cancer, he helped lead the Giants to a SB championship and also was one of Eli's top passing threats when he was with us.

I'll always remember Plax for what he did with the Giants from the SB catch, to his performance in Green Bay and also just being there on the field helping us win games. He and Eli helped each other out and I can recall numerous times Eli would chuck a pass up to Plax that he would snag even though it should of clearly never been thrown. I'll remember Plax as the Giant he was and wont condemn him as easily as some folk on here do and would welcome him back to the franchise if the option ever came up.

Maybe he said it, but I think he was just trying to be nice because that contradicts virtually everything I've ever heard or read about Plax. Long story short, he didn't leave Pittsburgh willingly...he was run out of town. Maybe he turned over a new leaf in New York, but if he was consistantly late to meetings - and we know he was - that seems to refute the notion that he was a dedicated student.

I feel the same way you do about Plax's time here, but I'm not into hero worship. I feel like his time is over, its time to move on.

Besides...I think Smith and Nicks are better players today than Plaxico ever was. Smith has already proved it on the field, and hopefully Nicks won't make me look like a dumb ass.

Maybe he said it, but I think he was just trying to be nice because that contradicts virtually everything I've ever heard or read about Plax. Long story short, he didn't leave Pittsburgh willingly...he was run out of town. Maybe he turned over a new leaf in New York, but if he was consistantly late to meetings - and we know he was - that seems to refute the notion that he was a dedicated student.

I feel the same way you do about Plax's time here, but I'm not into hero worship. I feel like his time is over, its time to move on.

Besides...I think Smith and Nicks are better players today than Plaxico ever was. Smith has already proved it on the field, and hopefully Nicks won't make me look like a dumb ass.

Look the only argument I'm making is this

Nicks, Smith, Manningham, and Plax are better than Nicks, Smith, Manningham, and Moss.

Boss? Nicks? (Maybe) Barden?

And you're assuming Plaxico can still play. He's 33 and has never been known for his work ethic. No work ethic = no longevity.

Okay, but we had those players last year and our red zone offense still sucked...and I know it also wasn't the greatest with Burress, but it had to have been better...

Also, playing an entire season on a bum ankle with hardly any practice....

Just from reading camp reports, for what little they're worth. I haven't seen film of it, but there was supposedly one play where he was running straight down the sideline and the ball was too far over the sideline...well, too far for most guys. Barden reached over the sideline and pulled it in one handed, without breaking stride or going out of bounds. Seems like there have been lots of highlight reel plays out of Barden in camp. Moss too, actually...but he can only do it when there's no chance he'll have to take a hit. I still have hope for Barden.

oh we takin bout practice? not a game...not a game.... practice?