SportsWrath

Giants interested in bringing back Plax

BIGBLUE01

Yes, we have moved on.......to 8-8 and no playoff appearance.

Agreed.... but I hardly think it's because we were missing Plax. Our offense would put up 40 points a game last year only to see the defense give up 45.

Id have him back in a heartbeat. There are players who have committed worse crimes and have gotten off for much less. This dude was just stupid and has done his time. He will still be our best home run hitter. Infact, I really want the Giants to push hard to get him back.

Once Burress is released, he immediately will be eligible to sign with any team. The NFL confirmed he will not face any further suspension by Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/strahan_backs_plax_hklyJ6cGZoPMu1wsOFAyqI#ixzz0vjuRFLYU

Well that is one hurdle we can stop thinking about.

I think the only hurdle maybe probation where he can't travel outside a geographical area.. like New Jersey.

Bring him back if he passes the physicals and can contribute. He paid his dues. Sign him low scale with performance bonuses as well as behavior clauses for one year to see if he can produce like he did before the shooting. If he succeeds then reward him with a longer contract next year. Win win for everyone.

Id have him back in a heartbeat. There are players who have committed worse crimes and have gotten off for much less. This dude was just stupid and has done his time. He will still be our best home run hitter. Infact, I really want the Giants to push hard to get him back.

The problem to me is not so much the crime he committed - stupid as it was - but his constant defiance of team rules. The guy was habitually late to meetings and acted like rules were not meant for him. That's a cancer we don't need to revisit.

The problem to me is not so much the crime he committed - stupid as it was - but his constant defiance of team rules. The guy was habitually late to meetings and acted like rules were not meant for him. That's a cancer we don't need to revisit.

Fully agreed.

additionally...he was a warrior in 2007, but none the less he was walking wounded his last couple years. Now its two years later, he's 33 years old, and with all the same baggage...what reason is there to sign this guy other than blind nostalgia?

Fully agreed.

additionally...he was a warrior in 2007, but none the less he was walking wounded his last couple years. Now its two years later, he's 33 years old, and with all the same baggage...what reason is there to sign this guy other than blind nostalgia?

I already answered that question. We have no red zone threat.

Fully agreed.

Hixon went down.. and I'd take Plax with one leg over Moss any day.

even so, and as much as i think a tall receiver is the answer, i think he should not be an option.

The other option now resides in Miami.

And on a side note (not directed at you, Blu), wasn't Plax jailed for possession of an unregistered gun, not shooting himself? Shooting himself, while stupid, not only isn't the crime, but he only hit tissue. He's not permanently injured from the wound. Why is everyone under the impression he went to jail for shooting himself?

don't you remember? the pharoh Ramses of Obispo will part the red zone and deliver us to the promised land between the uprights.

Im guessing Prison would have changed Plax and he wont be walking around like rules dont matter to him. If given a chance, he will not be the diva. And plus, he is still our best redzone threat. With that bitch Gilbride gone, we will need him to drastically improve our RZ chances.

Regaring Barden, he is the tallest guy we have around. But any other news coming about him from camp? Is he ready to step in and be a threat? How fast is the schmuck?

Im guessing Prison would have changed Plax and he wont be walking around like rules dont matter to him. If given a chance, he will not be the diva. And plus, he is still our best redzone threat. With that bitch Gilbride gone, we will need him to drastically improve our RZ chances.

Regaring Barden, he is the tallest guy we have around. But any other news coming about him from camp? Is he ready to step in and be a threat? How fast is the schmuck?

Gilbride is gone??

Boss is as tall, isn't he? I still think barden needs some polish. he's a long shot for this season.

He's played spectacularly at times, but tends (like Plax, by the way, since so many seem to forget that he was not just an off-field problem, but a flawed player on the field too) to make easy catches look difficult - artificial highlight reel stuff. Barden needs to learn to get to the right place on the field.

He's played spectacularly at times, but tends (like Plax, by the way, since so many seem to forget that he was not just an off-field problem, but a flawed player on the field too) to make easy catches look difficult - artificial highlight reel stuff. Barden needs to learn to get to the right place on the field.

I didn't know he's played spectacularly at times- That's good to hear- Can you show examples?