SportsWrath

Chad Jones Injured in Car Crash

BIGBLUE01

Wow thats harsh

He could have hit an oil slick for all you know......I've hit one in NYC right under the cloisters.......almost lost total control and all I was doing was driving straight on under control

I'm telling you were under the "Curse of the Tyreeno" nothing but bad things have happened since we foolishly cut him

YOU DO NOT CUT a young player who made he most incredible catch in football history :05-mafia:

1. Tyree is 30. That isn't a 'young player'...especially when we need room on our roster for actually young wide receivers who do more than special teams.

2. This isn't a video game. How often do you see oil slicks on the road? Unless you're claiming BP had something to do with this...which is probably more plausible than the curse of Tyree.

3. You weren't speeding and charged with careless driving. That's why you "almost lost total control" but didn't.

Call me crazy, but what is he doing out at 6am? Shouldn't he be getting into football shape, which includes plenty of rest?

Well, there's a player drafted every year who does this to themselves. We got unlucky and drafted this year's....

6 AM is when the diners open......maybe to get breakfast?

Oh I forgot the Lawrence Taylor incident.........don't you think we've been getting battered since Tyree was cut.

All the injuries on D, Tuck's shoulder, LT, Hixon, Manute Bol (didnt Manute batter LT in the strongman fight) now this

Apparently its following us to the new Stadium

BTW what was under the end zone when they jackhammered it...........wasn't Jimmy Hoffa supposed to be in the under the cement mix?

1. Tyree is 30. That isn't a 'young player'...especially when we need room on our roster for actually young wide receivers who do more than special teams.

2. This isn't a video game. How often do you see oil slicks on the road? Unless you're claiming BP had something to do with this...which is probably more plausible than the curse of Tyree.

3. You weren't speeding and charged with careless driving. That's why you "almost lost total control" but didn't.

Although I dont agree with your lack of sympathy....that was hilarious. :D

I heard they were able to save both legs. Thank goodness.

Although I dont agree with your lack of sympathy....that was hilarious. :D

I heard they were able to save both legs. Thank goodness.

I'm sorry, man...honestly, I'm not convinced that if this wasn't an athlete we were talking about, you wouldn't feel the same way I do. If a normal Joe wrecked his Range Rover into a pole carelessly speeding with two other people in the car, would you feel bad for him? What if it was you driving like an idiot? Or maybe a friend driving like an idiot? I know I wouldn't expect any sympathy from anyone if I careless put 2 lives in addition to my own at risk....

I'm glad it seems he won't lose his leg, and I'm glad everyone's okay, but even the law is treating him like a suspect. Not the victim that he obviously isn't.

Chad is still a kid... look back to when you were his age.. and think how "smart" you were. Fuck when I was his age I fell asleep on the wheel driving home from Hartford CT to Groton.. where I was living at time.. after a night of partying.. not drunk at all.. just beat tired. Yea I fell asleep and oh.. stupid me.. my car was on cruise control going 96 mph... To this day I count my blessings for walking away from the wreck... my car wasn't recognizable when the sun came up only an hour after the accident. Even the cop was questioning whether it was me who was driving.. since I didn't have a scratch on my body.. despite the car being smashed.

We ALL make mistakes. I pray for the kid to recover.. football or not... Giant or not.

You're an asshole.

And you're a "dumbass" with your baby like 5th grade name calling whenever someone says something you dislike. Have you read what happened. Chad Jones sped himself and 2 others into a pole. Fuck that, I don't feel sorry or sympathy for someone that fucks up that hardcore.

"Suck my cock" Nas. :rolleyes:

Chad is still a kid... look back to when you were his age.. and think how "smart" you were. Fuck when I was his age I fell asleep on the wheel driving home from Hartford CT to Groton.. where I was living at time.. after a night of partying.. not drunk at all.. just beat tired. Yea I fell asleep and oh.. stupid me.. my car was on cruise control going 96 mph... To this day I count my blessings for walking away from the wreck... my car wasn't recognizable when the sun came up only an hour after the accident. Even the cop was questioning whether it was me who was driving.. since I didn't have a scratch on my body.. despite the car being smashed.

We ALL make mistakes. I pray for the kid to recover.. football or not... Giant or not.

That's the difference between accidents and carelessness. And you were only putting yourself in danger.

That's the difference between accidents and carelessness. And you were only putting yourself in danger.

No, in hindsight I felt like a dick thinking I was iron man and that I could just drive with that much lack of sleep... it had never happened to me before.. and I could have easily plowed into someone else instead of smashing into the metal barriers/cables on the side of the road... the point I'm making is that mistakes do happen... and this kid is what 21? 20 something?

No, in hindsight I felt like a dick thinking I was iron man and that I could just drive with that much lack of sleep... it had never happened to me before.. and I could have easily plowed into someone else instead of smashing into the metal barriers/cables on the side of the road... the point I'm making is that mistakes do happen... and this kid is what 21? 20 something?

There really aren't many people on the road at that time...but you're right...you technically could have...I meant you weren't responsible for the safety of others in your car though...

Like I said, I'm glad he isn't going to lose his leg, but I don't feel sorry for him. He put himself in that position.

Storm's had the benifit of being mature beyond his years since birth.

If by that you mean I've never been arrogant enough to think I'm invincible and run a car containing other people into a pole, you're right. I go the speed limit and don't drive drunk (not that I'm saying he was). That's not maturity, that's intelligence and respect for my fellow man. Something Chad Jones obviously lacks. You can all continue to treat him as a victim of some freak occurrence but you make your fate.

Like I said, if this is some high school student who ran a group of teens into a pole one night because he decided to be a daredevil and drive fast, this would be a totally different story. I'm not in the business of giving passes to people because they make mistakes when said mistake harms others.