SportsWrath

Chad Jones Injured in Car Crash

BIGBLUE01

So this kid wrecks because of the BP oil spill and the curse of Tyree being cut? That is so ridiculously stupid, yet incredibly funny. It might take top honors for funniest post of the year if it didn't revolve around a tragedy.

Anyway, speedy recovery Chad. Stay away from Tyree though.

whos to say a sludge truck didn't spill some in new Orleans

and since we cut Tyree (and I prediced this BTW before he was cut) we are knee deep in the Curse of the Bambino

you think its hilarious.......I think its tragic

David did not have to be cut...........it was ludicrous.....

Oh Oh we cut David Tyree and then we set the football world on fire

NOT

who would you rather have now David Tyree or Rocky Bernard? Danny Slowfoot?

If by that you mean I've never been arrogant enough to think I'm invincible and run a car containing other people into a pole, you're right. I go the speed limit and don't drive drunk (not that I'm saying he was). That's not maturity, that's intelligence and respect for my fellow man. Something Chad Jones obviously lacks. You can all continue to treat him as a victim of some freak occurrence but you make your fate.

Like I said, if this is some high school student who ran a group of teens into a pole one night because he decided to be a daredevil and drive fast, this would be a totally different story. I'm not in the business of giving passes to people because they make mistakes when said mistake harms others.

You're wrong, it wouldn't be any different. In the last few months there have been 2 teenagers/young adults killed because they were driving or were the passengers of someones wreckless driving. I feel bad anytime someone is hurt that seriously (like Jones) even if it is their fault because everyone but you has been there and done dumb things.

and since we cut Tyree (and I prediced this BTW before he was cut) we are knee deep in the Curse of the Bambino

NOT

I'll admit one cannot rule out anything at this point, but seriously, oil leaking from the trucks cleaning the sludge? Did they leak because the Giants cut Tyree? I suppose Chad could have swerved to avoid hitting the aliens who were going to give us the answers to all Earth's problems, but landed right in front of Chad's Range Rover.

I'm sorry, but I do find it hilarious.....and tragic. Tragic because with all your Coughlin hating, Blackburn loving posts, you choose this thread to start a Tyree love fest. Hilarious because, well Jack, blaming this accident on BP and the curse of the Tyreeno is just plain funny no matter what circumstances surround it.

You're wrong, it wouldn't be any different. In the last few months there have been 2 teenagers/young adults killed because they were driving or were the passengers of someones wreckless driving. I feel bad anytime someone is hurt that seriously (like Jones) even if it is their fault because everyone but you has been there and done dumb things.

Yah, you've ran your companions into a pole at speeds you shouldn't have been going at, VG. In fact, we've all done that once or twice in our lives.

It'd be different if this was an accident, someone's brakes failed, someone didn't see him coming and pulled out in front, or a myriad of different ways an accident can be caused. NASCAR down a thoroughfare isn't one of them.

The fact is, the dude was driving fast purposely, whether to show off, because he was drunk, or just because he enjoys it, I can't say anything toward motives, I don't know. But he chose to drive fast, and when you make a reckless choice, however unintentional or bad a mistake/choice it was, you don't deserve my sympathy for something you brought on yourself.

I'll admit one cannot rule out anything at this point, but seriously, oil leaking from the trucks cleaning the sludge? Did they leak because the Giants cut Tyree? I suppose Chad could have swerved to avoid hitting the aliens who were going to give us the answers to all Earth's problems, but landed right in front of Chad's Range Rover.

I'm sorry, but I do find it hilarious.....and tragic. Tragic because with all your Coughlin hating, Blackburn loving posts, you choose this thread to start a Tyree love fest. Hilarious because, well Jack, blaming this accident on BP and the curse of the Tyreeno is just plain funny no matter what circumstances surround it.

I thought he was in Louisiana, not Arizona..... :rimshot:

Let the conspiracy die, Rik. Do NOT feed Jack lol.

Yah, you've ran your companions into a pole at speeds you shouldn't have been going at, VG. In fact, we've all done that once or twice in our lives.

It'd be different if this was an accident, someone's brakes failed, someone didn't see him coming and pulled out in front, or a myriad of different ways an accident can be caused. NASCAR down a thoroughfare isn't one of them.

The fact is, the dude was driving fast purposely, whether to show off, because he was drunk, or just because he enjoys it, I can't say anything toward motives, I don't know. But he chose to drive fast, and when you make a reckless choice, however unintentional or bad a mistake/choice it was, you don't deserve my sympathy for something you brought on yourself.

No, I ran off a hill and hit a tanker truck with my best friend in the passenger seat. Regardless, you're simplifying it to mean any type of speeding, and if you go further the simple act of failing to use a turn signal can endanger someones life, or turning the volume up or down on the stereo etc.

Like I said, everyone I've ever met has acted dumb in their life.

No, I ran off a hill and hit a tanker truck with my best friend in the passenger seat. Regardless, you're simplifying it to mean any type of speeding, and if you go further the simple act of failing to use a turn signal can endanger someones life, or turning the volume up or down on the stereo etc.

Like I said, everyone I've ever met has acted dumb in their life.

Okay, VG, I've spoke my mind, and you're view is just as valid as mine and you're entitled to it, obviously. I just want to expand on a couple more things and ask you one last thing.

1st, just recently (last HS graduation season) where I went to college, a bunch of kids celebrated their graduation the night after, on the way home, the kid driving ran a stop sign and basically took off the roof of his car when he hit a semi...there were 4 kids including him in the car, the back seat passengers weren't wearing a seatbelt and they figure they flew into the semi itself. The driver, who was intoxicated (not that Chad Jones was for sure, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and even say he wasn't, at this point until I hear differently), was the only one of the 4 who survived. He survived with major injuries but pulled through with minimal damage (head trauma and memory gaps). Do you feel sympathy for him? It was one of those, "Wanna see something cool? Watch how fast I can get my car". I sure don't. The kid was responsible for the deaths of 3 kids. The entire community felt the same way, wanting to charge the kid with 3 counts of manslaughter (I think that was the charge).

What if Chad Jones kills two people in that accident because he was driving fast and careless? And I really don't think this was a simple act of speeding. I think it was, "Watch how fast my Range Rover goes on these empty streets". Look at that damage.

I've spoke my peace. I hope he gets well and one day can don a Giants jersey. But it doesn't mean in the least that I feel sorry for him thinking about what could have happened, stupid mistake that everyone makes or not.

As an emergency worker(both fire and paramedic) for a country community that watches over 150kms of Trans-Canada highway and probably over 250kms of rural back roads I can say this without a shadow of a doubt that if someone gets into a car accident out of sheer stupidity, they brought it on themselves. I've seen things that no one should see in their life time however most motor vehicle accidents are caused due to some sort of outside influence i.e. wildlife, drunk driver, tiredness, mechanical problems. In the case of people trying to road race and show off or just being a stupid fuck then I have no sympathy for what happens to them. I will do all I can to save them if their hurt or need rescuing and I give 110% no matter what the cause but I do not feel sorry for someone who brought something upon themselves that was totally preventable by following the road laws.

Do I wish Jones well? Yes I hope he can return for his injuries and hope he learns for the experience, but do I feel sorry for him? No.

i don't want to say jak has a point about tyree but i heard when chad jones awoke in the hospital they had mistakenly bandaged his right hand to his head. freaky, man

As an emergency worker(both fire and paramedic) for a country community that watches over 150kms of Trans-Canada highway and probably over 250kms of rural back roads I can say this without a shadow of a doubt that if someone gets into a car accident out of sheer stupidity, they brought it on themselves. I've seen things that no one should see in their life time however most motor vehicle accidents are caused due to some sort of outside influence i.e. wildlife, drunk driver, tiredness, mechanical problems. In the case of people trying to road race and show off or just being a stupid fuck then I have no sympathy for what happens to them. I will do all I can to save them if their hurt or need rescuing and I give 110% no matter what the cause but I do not feel sorry for someone who brought something upon themselves that was totally preventable by following the road laws.

Do I wish Jones well? Yes I hope he can return for his injuries and hope he learns for the experience, but do I feel sorry for him? No.

I knew I liked you for a reason BiC. That sums up my feelings entirely.

And you know, until I hear differently, this sounds exactly like one of those cases you're describing and it really has from the get-go...

Okay, VG, I've spoke my mind, and you're view is just as valid as mine and you're entitled to it, obviously. I just want to expand on a couple more things and ask you one last thing.

1st, just recently (last HS graduation season) where I went to college, a bunch of kids celebrated their graduation the night after, on the way home, the kid driving ran a stop sign and basically took off the roof of his car when he hit a semi...there were 4 kids including him in the car, the back seat passengers weren't wearing a seatbelt and they figure they flew into the semi itself. The driver, who was intoxicated (not that Chad Jones was for sure, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and even say he wasn't, at this point until I hear differently), was the only one of the 4 who survived. He survived with major injuries but pulled through with minimal damage (head trauma and memory gaps). Do you feel sympathy for him? It was one of those, "Wanna see something cool? Watch how fast I can get my car". I sure don't. The kid was responsible for the deaths of 3 kids. The entire community felt the same way, wanting to charge the kid with 3 counts of manslaughter (I think that was the charge).

What if Chad Jones kills two people in that accident because he was driving fast and careless? And I really don't think this was a simple act of speeding. I think it was, "Watch how fast my Range Rover goes on these empty streets". Look at that damage.

I've spoke my peace. I hope he gets well and one day can don a Giants jersey. But it doesn't mean in the least that I feel sorry for him thinking about what could have happened, stupid mistake that everyone makes or not.

Again, yes I feel sympathy for that individual. That doesn't mean I don't think he should be charged. However, isn't wearing seatbelts the law as well? Weren't the unfortunate people who died risking their lives by choosing not to wear the seatbelt? If that vehicle hit a tree at the speed limit couldn't they have died just the same as if the vehicle were speeding?

I feel sorry for that particular person because he caused the deths of his friends and will carry that burden the rest of his life.

Were the kids in the back advising him to stop or were they all equally enjoying the excessive speed? Who knows, but as someone who has been both driver and poassenger in a car well exceeding the speed limit, I've enjoyed it as both.

Again, yes I feel sympathy for that individual. That doesn't mean I don't think he should be charged. However, isn't wearing seatbelts the law as well? Weren't the unfortunate people who died risking their lives by choosing not to wear the seatbelt? If that vehicle hit a tree at the speed limit couldn't they have died just the same as if the vehicle were speeding?

I feel sorry for that particular person because he caused the deths of his friends and will carry that burden the rest of his life.

Were the kids in the back advising him to stop or were they all equally enjoying the excessive speed? Who knows, but as someone who has been both driver and poassenger in a car well exceeding the speed limit, I've enjoyed it as both.

In NY, it isn't against the law for the rear seat passengers not to wear seat belts...at least I'm pretty sure it's not

I dunno about the kids in the back or what they were thinking...but 2 of them were girls so I doubt they were having the greatest of times...

And you're right, they might have died had they hit a tree going the speed limit...and I still would feel no sympathy for the kid because he was still plastered....

If he was completely sober, going the speed limit, hit a BP oil slick, and struck a tree, THEN I'd feel sorry for him...

I've also been in that situation, and I was screaming for the kid to slow down, excessive speed scares me....

Sounds like the surgery was successful....long rehab ahead, and who knows if he'll play football again.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/sports/article/Chad-Jones-surgery-called-a-success-after-537985.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Giants rookie safety Chad Jones underwent surgery Friday to repair multiple fractures in his left leg after being at the wheel in a one-vehicle accident in which his SUV crashed into a pole in New Orleans early in the morning.

"The surgery was successful," said Jones' father, Al, after emerging from the hospital Friday evening. "The rehab is going to take awhile."

Jones, a two-sport star at Louisiana State who was selected by the Giants in the third round of the draft and recently signed a four-year contract, was in surgery at LSU Public Hospital from mid-morning until late afternoon. His father said the major concern related to improving blood flow around the ankle and that it appeared doctors were able to address that.

"Chad got this far. God brought him this far. He's not going to leave him alone," Al Jones said. "Chad is a fighter. That's why he's at this point and stage in his life and he's going to continue to fight. . . . One way or another, Chad's going to be just fine."

NOT

I think Chad swerved to avoid hitting one of Jack's posts.

I think Chad swerved to avoid hitting one of Jack's posts.

lol. Ifd they're talking about fractures, then he should be fine. It's always ligaments or tendons that are a bitch to recover from.

Having been in the stupid teenager car, I can assure you his three passengers were cheering him on. 'Yeah, lets see how fast this car can go! Best suicide ever!'

Having been in the stupid teenager car, I can assure you his three passengers were cheering him on. 'Yeah, lets see how fast this car can go! Best suicide ever!'

But you aren't a girl...I think girls by nature don't really like to go fast...not in a car anyway...

Been there done that.. even during the big swirve where my friend managed to avoid multiple collisions.. i was filled with excitement.. while the 2 dudes in the back.. one was frozen silent n the other was petrified :D

lol. Ifd they're talking about fractures, then he should be fine. It's always ligaments or tendons that are a bitch to recover from.

Agreed......if there was tendon or nerve damage, that would be it for his career.

I'm guessing he'll never play a down in the NFL.....he could very well recover, but change to baseball, where his' body won't take the same type of pounding.

Can you imagine any other coach on the planet cutting a relatively young SB Hero? A Special Teams ACE

a reliable 4th qtr receiver

Tyree was not a Coughlin favorite because he did not practice hard........come Sunday he was always reliable and sometimes spectacular

There should have been a permanent spot on our roster for David for at least 5 years

Coughlin is a brick head if you ask me........I like Sinorce Moss more than most of you but he could have been traded for a draft choice

Can you imagine any other coach on the planet cutting a relatively young SB Hero? A Special Teams ACE

a reliable 4th qtr receiver

Tyree was not a Coughlin favorite because he did not practice hard........come Sunday he was always reliable and sometimes spectacular

There should have been a permanent spot on our roster for David for at least 5 years

Coughlin is a brick head if you ask me........I like Sinorce Moss more than most of you but he could have been traded for a draft choice

No, no he couldn't have....we wouldn't be able to pawn Sinorice off to the Arena Football League...

Reliable 4th quarter receiver? The dude had 54 career receptions...chances are if he was on any other team, they would have used him for solely what he is, a career special teams player...