SportsWrath

Chad Jones Injured in Car Crash

BIGBLUE01

C. Jones injured

Chad Jones Injured in Car Crash

June 25th, 2010 at 11:29 AM

By Rich O'Callaghan

Giants rookie safety Chad Jones was injured in a car crash in New Orleans. Jones was taken by ambulance to the hospital and his condition is unknown at this time. The Giants inked Jones, their third round pick out of LSU, to a contract just two weeks ago. The accident scene can be viewed here, and it looks pretty bad:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/25/giants-rookie-injured-in-car-crash/

We’ll update you on this situation as it develops.

UPDATE: It is reported that Jones was alert at the scene of the accident, before he was transported to the hospital. Good news. A reporter spoke to Jones’ father at the hospital and he confirmed that his son was hurt, but alert.

chadjonescar-thumb-250x187-14508.jpg

Holy fuck

NEW ORLEANS ― Former LSU safety Chad Jones was in a serious car accident around 6:15 Friday morning in New Orleans on Carrollton Avenue near Toulouse Street.

Jones, 21, suffered a fractured left leg and had arteries and nerves exposed, officials told WWL-TV’s Juan Kincaid. He was listed in critical condition and was in surgery at 10:15 a.m.

The 6-foot-3, 231-pound New Orleans native, played in 40 games with the Tigers, starting 19 before forgoing his senior season.

Jones was drafted in the third round of April’s NFL Draft by the New York Giants and recently signed his rookie contract, a four-year deal worth a reported $2.616 million base salary over the life of the contract.

He attended St. Augustine in New Orleans until Katrina and finished high school at Southern Lab in Baton Rouge.

He earned national titles in football in 2007 and baseball in 2009. The Houston Astros picked him in the 13th-round of the Major League Baseball draft in 2007 and in the 50th-round of the 2010 MLB draft.

LSU Head Coach Les Miles tweeted a short time after learning about Jones' accident, saying, "Just got news about Chad Jones' car accident. We are praying for Chad and his family. Keep him in your prayers."

Jones finished his LSU career with 158 total tackles, including two sacks. He also had five interceptions.

He's best rememberd on the football field for his hit on Alabama's John Parker Wilson, causing a fumble that LSU recovered, ending the Crimson Tide's chances at an upset over the top-five ranked Tigers.

In 1.2 innings of relief in Game 3 of the College World Series in 2009, Jones didn't allow a run and struck out two as the Tigers went on to win the national championship.

horrible..... God look over him. Life over Sport.

This is horrible, and we have now lost 2 very good players and its not even July.

I stated cutting David Tyree was going to put a curse on the team.....sometimes I wish I were not so prophetic.

Tyrees a free agent i believe..........If John Mara reads these posts i hope he takes action

REHIRE TYREE before our team plane crashes :furious:

I have no sympathy, imagine how fast he was going to total a car like that. At 6 in the morning as well. Contract=null. No play, no contract.

I do hope he doesn't lose his leg though.

I have no sympathy, imagine how fast he was going to total a car like that. At 6 in the morning as well. Contract=null. No play, no contract.

I do hope he doesn't lose his leg though.

Not that fast. Modern cars are designed to crumple to absorb impacts. The engine drops out and everything.

Besides, you have no idea what the circumstances are. It could easily have been the other driver's fault.

Not that fast. Modern cars are designed to crumple to absorb impacts. The engine drops out and everything.

Besides, you have no idea what the circumstances are. It could easily have been the other driver's fault.

Or a cat ran out in front of him. :rolleyes:

range-rover.jpg

Doesn't turn into the picture Gorilla posted unless he was driving like an idiot

And Tree, there wasn't another car involved....

"Authorities told WDSU .com that Jones was driving his 2010 Range Rover toward Canal Street, when he lost control of the vehicle and hit a streetcar poll."

no sympathy huh?

None whatsoever. That's what happens when you get a lot of money and drive like an asshole with two other innocent people in the car with you. You lose your NFL contract and maybe your leg. Hopefully not his leg, but that's about as far as I'll go with the sympathy. Losing millions is enough punishment for being a moron. And he's really lucky he isn't responsible for the deaths of two other people.

spoken like someone whos never made a mistake or done something stupid or something they regret in their life.

I've made mistakes. None have ever came close to killing someone or myself. And none have ruined my future.

God giveth, and God taketh away, especially when you're driving like an asshole and risking others' and your own lives.

And Tree, there wasn't another car involved....

"Authorities told WDSU .com that Jones was driving his 2010 Range Rover toward Canal Street, when he lost control of the vehicle and hit a streetcar poll."

Yeah I just saw that.

Storm.....sympathy doesn't cost a dime.

Unfortunately, speeding into a street car pole with two people in the car with you costs a couple mil and more than likely a career....and could have cost a lot more. I'm sympathetic for the passengers. Thank god they were uninjured.

Wow thats harsh

He could have hit an oil slick for all you know......I've hit one in NYC right under the cloisters.......almost lost total control and all I was doing was driving straight on under control

I'm telling you were under the "Curse of the Tyreeno" nothing but bad things have happened since we foolishly cut him

YOU DO NOT CUT a young player who made he most incredible catch in football history :05-mafia: