SportsWrath

Chad Jones Injured in Car Crash

BIGBLUE01

Just read it in the NY Post

He was with 2 buddies, and got his tires caught in the street car tracks.........it flipped him into the pole.....

his Land Rover got flipped by the street car tracks was not speeding or driving drunk

so end of discussion..........just bad luck not bad driving

the other 2 guys were not scratched

CURSE OF THE TYREENO

End of story

Only way to end the Curse is to sign Tyree or fire Coughlin or both

The Doctors were very pleased with the surgery.....said "he will be all right" he will walk again.....willl he play football? no one knows

From NFL.com:

(Rocky Arceneaux is Jones' agent)

It wasn't clear what caused Jones to lose control of his vehicle at about 6 a.m. on a six-lane thoroughfare with a streetcar line on the west side of New Orleans, police spokeswoman Shereese Harper said.

Jones was extracted from the SUV, but the two other men riding with him were fine, Harper said. She said it was too early in the investigation to know if Jones was speeding, and police will run toxicology reports to see if alcohol was a factor in the accident.

Arceneaux told The AP that he spoke to the passengers, who said Jones was in the far left lane and abruptly turned the wheel to get his tires off the streetcar tracks' grooves. The vehicle then rolled into a pole that carries an overhead electrical wire powering the streetcar line.

The concrete base of the pole was cracked and broken. The pole was scuffed but remained standing, and the streetcar line reopened after the site was cleared.

The driver's side of the SUV appeared to have been violently compressed, according to people who saw the wreckage before it was removed.

"It was so crushed in," said Liz Lapre, who works across the street from the accident site. "I kept looking at it like, 'Did they make it? Did they survive?'"

Bobby Johnson, the store's co-owner, took a photo of the wreckage, unaware at the time that the vehicle belonged to Jones.

"I took a picture just because you don't see a car every day that bashed up," he said. "The whole driver's side was caved in."

Full Article

sounds like a real careless asshole who deserves no sympathy.

The trucks carrying the BP oil dripped their loads in the street sending Chad to the left lane, and the curse of the Tyreeno (I'm sorry, I love that nickname) sent him into the streetcar grooves. If only the Giants had fired Coughlin, kept Tyree, and Obama had stopped the oil spill, none of this would have happened.

And.....it's not even 2012 yet. I suppose if Coughlin is still around in 2012, the end of the world will be his fault as well.

The trucks carrying the BP oil dripped their loads in the street sending Chad to the left lane, and the curse of the Tyreeno (I'm sorry, I love that nickname) sent him into the streetcar grooves. If only the Giants had fired Coughlin, kept Tyree, and Obama had stopped the oil spill, none of this would have happened.

And.....it's not even 2012 yet. I suppose if Coughlin is still around in 2012, the end of the world will be his fault as well.

If Coughlin had been fired and Obama stopped the oil spill with a pipe clamp from the Army Corp

Chad might still have hit the street car track but the world and the Giants lockeroom would be far better off despite that unfortunate horror.

Jon Gruden would have me laughing my axx off and I'd be putting Louisiana shrimp on the barbie

Can you imagine any other coach on the planet cutting a relatively young SB Hero? A Special Teams ACE

a reliable 4th qtr receiver

Tyree was not a Coughlin favorite because he did not practice hard........come Sunday he was always reliable and sometimes spectacular

There should have been a permanent spot on our roster for David for at least 5 years

Coughlin is a brick head if you ask me........I like Sinorce Moss more than most of you but he could have been traded for a draft choice

From any account I've ever read, I've only heard positive things coming from Coughlin in regard to Tyree. If he thought so little of him, he would have cut Tyree years ago when David was busted for pot, which happened years before the SB.

His knees went. Tyree was on IR all of 2008, and he simply couldn't make the cut in 2009.

If there were enough bad feelings to cause a "curse," Tyree wouldn't be planning on retiring a Giant by signing a one-day contract when he finally decides to hang up his cleats.

What that has to do with an over-tired driver getting caught in street car tracks and getting into an accident, I have no idea. I'm just glad he didn't lose his leg, and no one else was seriously harmed.

If there is any kind of "curse," it would seem to involve kick-returners. I suggest you investigate Willie Ponder.

Jon Gruden would have me laughing my axx off and I'd be putting Louisiana shrimp on the barbie

You could still have Louisianna shrimp on the barbie, it would just be a little...well...greasy.

Giants Pick Jones To dad: I Want To Play Again

NEW ORLEANS -- Outside the LSU Trauma Center last night, Al Jones, the father of Giants rookie safety Chad Jones, stood at the window of a taco truck and ordered dinner.

After the encouraging news he had received from his son's doctors yesterday, the tacos must have tasted like Oysters Rockefeller at Antoine's.

Eighteen hours after his son almost lost his life in a one-car accident that broke his left tibia and fibula and had doctors worried they might have to amputate his foot, Jones said his son was improving so dramatically that he was even thinking of making a return to football.

Of course, Al Jones said, it has to be taken one day at a time.

"Football is always going to be on Chad's mind," Jones said. "When he's 90 years old with great-grandchildren, he's going to be thinking about playing football again. It has to be that way.

"That's his first love, that's his love. Quite naturally, he's thinking about a whole lot of other things, too, but he's glad to be able to think about those things."

The alternative -- death in a one-car accident -- was too painful for a parent to ponder. Though football was the least of this father's concerns, Jones refused to rule out his son returning to the field.

"As I've always said, the things that got Chad to this point -- his attitude, his discipline, his desire, the things that you can put together in one person's heart and his mind -- are all the same tools and abilities that will get him out of it," Jones said.

"That's what we believe, and the future is going to take care of itself. It's already a miracle, so we're just going to take that miracle and make a bunch of miracles after that."

Jones said doctors confirmed yesterday that there was sufficient blood flow to his son's mangled foot and ankle that they will not have to amputate. The family got even more good news when Chad called at 3 a.m. and asked Al Jones and his wife to return to the hospital so he could talk to them.

"The [breathing] tubes were removed out of his mouth, and he told us to come back and see him," Jones said. "He wanted to talk to us. He knew we were by him. He felt us. So he wanted to talk."

And Chad talked up a storm.

"Chad is talking, Chad is alert. He's almost back to the old Chad again," Jones said. "He just wants everybody to know that he's doing fine. He's going to come through it, and we as a family wish to thank everybody for all the love that they've shown him and let them know that it's greatly appreciated."

Jones said Giants director of player development Charles Way flew to New Orleans to visit Chad at the hospital yesterday.

Coach Tom Coughlin and head trainer Ronnie Barnes also called to check in. Jones got a visit from LSU head football coach Les Miles and a telephone call from LSU baseball coach Paul Mainieri. Chad played on national championship teams for both men.

Did Chad remember the visits?

"There ain't nothing wrong with his memory," Jones said with a laugh.

Jones said it was still too early to tell how long his son would be hospitalized, but he acknowledged the rehabilitation would be lengthy. Doctors were mainly concerned about post-surgical infection, which is always a possibility.

Jones has his leg wrapped, but does not have an external brace on his leg, which is sometimes needed when a bone is displaced.

"He's fine," Al Jones said. "He's in a little pain and he's a little uncomfortable, but he's very articulate. Of course, he's a little sedated, but the hospital is doing a great job with him."

Jones said his son has not discussed the accident, which happened early Friday morning. His Range Rover flipped and collided with a metal pole that provides electricity for the Carrollton Avenue streetcar.

Two passengers who were in the car with Jones escaped with minor injuries.

New Orleans police ticketed Jones for careless operation of a vehicle and, as is normal procedure, administered toxicology tests. However, it is believed the department does not suspect alcohol was involved.

Jones' father said he is just happy that his son is awake, breathing and taking coherently.

"I say it's already a miracle, and miracles do happen, and it happened to Chad," Jones said. "And he's just going to start another miracle. That's what I say.

"We're happy that things are going well. Of course, he's not out of the woods yet. There's always going to be a concern after a major surgery. So we're just taking it one step at a time, one day at a time, one prayer at a time."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/giant_miracle_DLT82qV9mdsUBqJ4iDPJjI

would be a minor miracle if he suits up this summer......

young people heal fast

I wonder if he has sensation in his foot......if he does anything is possible

I just had to have my big toe nail removed yesterday to get rid of a fungus infection..........hurt like a MUTHERFKKER

looks like something from the movie Friday the 13th

would be a minor miracle if he suits up this summer......

young people heal fast

I wonder if he has sensation in his foot......if he does anything is possible

I just had to have my big toe nail removed yesterday to get rid of a fungus infection..........hurt like a MUTHERFKKER

looks like something from the movie Friday the 13th

No way this summer... maybe next summer.

Although recovery is a different animal now. One of the guys I coach my son's baseball team with was in an accident at work. He was standing next to a dump truck when a tire blew out.. it tossed him and broke both of his legs. They almost had to amputate the one leg (That one broke in two places) they had to insert steel rods, but never put him in a cast . He spent 3 weeks in the hospital/rehab. Guess who shows up at the 4th game in a wheel chair... and stands up to see his kid hit. The same guy that shows up the next week with a walker and sits on the bleachers... and the same guy who only 8 weeks after having both legs broken was walking around leaving his cane in the car.

Although recovery is a different animal now. One of the guys I coach my son's baseball team with was in an accident at work. He was standing next to a dump truck when a tire blew out.. it tossed him and broke both of his legs. They almost had to amputate the one leg (That one broke in two places) they had to insert steel rods, but never put him in a cast . He spent 3 weeks in the hospital/rehab. Guess who shows up at the 4th game in a wheel chair... and stands up to see his kid hit. The same guy that shows up the next week with a walker and sits on the bleachers... and the same guy who only 8 weeks after having both legs broken was walking around leaving his cane in the car.

How's his 40 time?

i admire this guy.

How's his 40 time?

In there lies the rub. There is a big difference between walking and playing pro ball. From what I have read he suffered multiple fractures to his left leg and shattered both his tibia and fibula. It's not looking good for Chad and hopefully he used his college time to also get an education.

In there lies the rub. There is a big difference between walking and playing pro ball. From what I have read he suffered multiple fractures to his left leg and shattered both his tibia and fibula. It's not looking good for Chad and hopefully he used his college time to also get an education.

But he collected close to a million $ in signing bonus.. that should be a good amount to start a business... educating young drivers maybe?

I cant imagine its worse that Suebert's "spiral" fracture.........lets keep our fingers crossed

It's different though for a player that has to run and run very fast with quick sudden cuts. Miracles do happen but considering his leg was almost amputated it's not looking too rosy.