SportsWrath

Is it too early

so-cal dub

No, it's not too early. Not saying to pack it in, but the performances this team put up so far this year are less than stellar. I've been concerned since week 2 against Dallas. We could barely stop them then, but the offense bailed us out of that one. Redskins, Tampa Bay, Oakland, Kansas City are all piss poor teams and should be picking top 10 in the upcoming draft. Yes, they're on our schedule and yes they're wins, but you certainly cannot judge this team by those games. Then, we struggled a lot against New Orleans, Arizona and now Philadelphia. These games weren't even close. You could tell within the first 5 minutes of the game who would win.

Our defense is horrible. Not bad, but flat out horrible. We cannot get pressure, nor can we cover worth a damn. Until that's fixed, any team with the slightest bit of a passing offense will kill us.

To start focusing on the draft? I mean seriously, the way we have played these past 3 weeks I dont see us winning but 1 more game this year. It's that bad.

I don't think any team thinks it's too early to focus on the draft. but I think we should be focusing more on finding a Defensive coordinator like the guy the saints got...

A loss I can take. But a loss without even a semblance of a fight is pathetic! 2 min into the first quarter we knew that we didnt stand a chance. We have been overwhelmed on both sides of the ball. Thats whats pissing me off. Write off this season as of this moment....I dont see us making the playoffs either.

Get a new set of co-ordinators next year, a WR who looks like a WR and a Safety that is actually worth the position he plays - Safe!

I cringed when I found out the extent of the injury Phillips had....I knew our already shaky secondary due to injuries was going to be a fucking jail break back there. Phillips could cover/tackle and was becoming a ball hawk back there. Can't Cover Brown and Risky Rouse couldn't catch Catholic school girls playing freeze tag for Christ's sake. :sheeplover: I blame our strength and conditioning coaches...what there are of them and TC for a) not adequately toning these guys up and b) always trying to either rush guys back like Ross and Canty till they hurt themselves worse and/or not resting guys like Tuck against lesser opponents who is basically playing one armed out there. :ranting2:

Yea, I was gonna call this out last week, but gave them one more chance. This is the first time in years I couldnt even watch the whole game. As soon as Hixon fummbled at the begining of the second half, I called it quits. We are down right pathetic. Paying Manning 97 mill is looking more and more like the bone head move of the decade. With all the injuries, I can kinda see why our defense sucks, but whats the offenses excuse??

One bright spot, looks like Nicks is going to get some important playing time.

To be honest I think it should be LB and then safety. How many dump offs turn into big gains? Hell once the RB makes it past the line he's gone. When the fuck is Boley coming back and where is Sintim? Anybody has to be better than Clark.

Danny Clark and CC Brown are killing this defense. Even Pierce has seen better playing days. Of course, we can't replace him as he is the one making defense audibles.

Safety/LB in the first two rounds easily....not a hybrid either. A clear, safe pick who is good at their respective positions. And if the LB can't cover, eff' em.

CB in the third....maybe a S/CB hybrid of sorts. As long as we can bring them in on Nickle packages or have him move from S to CB on 3rd downs, I'd be good with it.

4th - OT/OG - for depth. I'm always in favor of keeping O-line young and strong. Not that our guys are going anywhere, hopefully, but wouldn't hurt to have a few years under a guy's belt behind our current line to keep our strong O-line intact.

5th - CB - it's no secret where we're hurting right now. Three picks in the top 5 should address it. Having Webster and Ross healthy, Dockery as 3rd corner with some good draft picks behind them, should help substantially. Even if only 1 of the 3 picks stands out, it's still needed.

6th - QB - I don't know that Carr will be here long term. I have to imagine he'll get some playing time this season if it continues down this road. He's played fairly well in preseason and may get looks from other clubs.

7th - DT/LB - This year's free agents have barely seen the field. They've been injured, so I wouldn't get rid of them by any means, but having another depth guy would be nice. LB is another need too, so at this late in the draft, a hybrid who could drop back into some coverage, or a guy who could at least hold some ground against the run wouldn't be bad. Not looking for a standout, but someone who is fairly decent at both would be outstanding.

I think it goes

1. DT. We need a solid DT who can birng the pressure up the middle so our pro-bowl DEs arnt being singled out. Bring in a big SoB who can push the line and both our DEs will be putting up double digit sack seasons.

2. Solid LB. Some guy who is basically a sure lock, no off the wall "this player might be something great" ect just a LB who we know can come in a contribute from game one. Hopefully a Will LB who can also run with the passing game as well.

3.Safety. Someone who can come in a and kick CC off the team and also push Johnson for the starting spot across from Phillips.

4.G/OT. A kid we can develop besides Beatty.

5. Kicker. Bring one in and see if they can push Tynes to kick better or off the team.

6.CB. We always seem to get somewhat lucky with CBs in the later rounds, look at Bruce Johnson this year. Someone for competition at CB depth.

7. Kick/Punt retuner. Find the kid who is still on the board with the best kick/punt return upside. Bring him in and have him do nothing but return.

You guys all suck. Yeah we look bad. But they will get there shit together. Time for TC to take play calling over and time for the leaders of the D to step up. I have no idea how cc brown or moss made this team. Something is wrong with eli too. That foot injury must really be hurting, because i havnt seen him miss wide open targets like this since 06.

I think it goes

1. DT. We need a solid DT who can birng the pressure up the middle so our pro-bowl DEs arnt being singled out. Bring in a big SoB who can push the line and both our DEs will be putting up double digit sack seasons.

2. Solid LB. Some guy who is basically a sure lock, no off the wall "this player might be something great" ect just a LB who we know can come in a contribute from game one. Hopefully a Will LB who can also run with the passing game as well.

3.Safety. Someone who can come in a and kick CC off the team and also push Johnson for the starting spot across from Phillips.

5. Kicker. Bring one in and see if they can push Tynes to kick better or off the team.

6.CB. We always seem to get somewhat lucky with CBs in the later rounds, look at Bruce Johnson this year. Someone for competition at CB depth.

7. Kick/Punt retuner. Find the kid who is still on the board with the best kick/punt return upside. Bring him in and have him do nothing but return.

I'm flagging you for #5. Tynes being inadequate isn't for lack of trying... he's just inadequate... We need a kicker who can... kick :rimshot:

Obviously, it's too early.

I think it goes

No, we don't. We have Canty, once he gets on the field. Next year, Alford comes back, and he looked like gang-busters before the injury. We resign Cofield, who's been solid for us for most of his time here. We draft to replace Robbins. Maybe.

We need a few linebackers, since nobody seems to be stepping up. And we need another safety--not only to play across from Phillips, but possibly replacing Phillips, depending on how quickly that arthritic knee deteriorates.

A G/C. We have a tackle backing up center right now, Whimper as the other backup, and Boothe, who also plays tackle. We've got tackles.

We haven't gotten within a field goal of an opponent in 3 games. Can we get to that point before worrying about making one?

I think you meant safety here. That, or a safety.

Yes, Hixon fumbled yesterday, and that sucked. But come on, now...

Dude he has an degenerative bone issue that's inoperable. There's a good chance he'll never see the field again. It's not something they can fix.

Forgot about that, Tree. The Giants pissed me off so bad yesterday I ended up drinking... and I'm not a drinker. Safe to say I'm hungover... and missed work today... thanks in part to CC Brown.

Forgot about that, Tree. The Giants pissed me off so bad yesterday I ended up drinking... and I'm not a drinker. Safe to say I'm hungover... and missed work today... thanks in part to CC Brown.

After yesterday I think the Giants need to go all Six-Million Dollar Man on Phillips and get him a new bionic knee.