SportsWrath

Giants vs. Broncos

RandolphScott

The Giants will spend Thanksgiving in the Rocky Mountains.

The Giants will be playing on Thanksgiving day for the first time since Nov. 26 1992

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced at the league’s annual meeting today that the Giants will play the Denver Broncos on Thanksgiving night, Nov. 26, at Invesco Field at Mile High. The game will be televised nationally on NFL Network at 8:20 p.m. ET.

It will be the Giants’ first Thanksgiving Day game in exactly 17 years – on Nov. 26, 1992, they lost to the Cowboys in Dallas, 30-3. The Giants are 7-6 on Thanksgiving but have played on the holiday just twice since 1938, including a 13-6 victory over the Lions on Nov. 25, 1982.

]The Giants, the defending NFC East Champions, first played on Thanksgiving in 1926, their second year of existence, when they defeated the Brooklyn Lions, 17-0. After a two-year hiatus, they played a Thanksgiving Day game every season from 1929-38. They did not play again on Thanksgiving until 1982.

The Giants lead their regular season series with the Broncos, 5-4, but are 1-3 in Denver, including 0-1 in Invesco Field. They last played there on Sept. 10, 2001, when they suffered a 31-20 loss in a Monday night season opener.

The Giants and Broncos last met on Oct. 23, 2005, when Eli Manning threw a two-yard touchdown pass to Amnai Toomer with just five seconds remaining in the game to give the Giants a dramatic and thrilling 24-23 triumph in Giants Stadium. The Giants trailed, 23-10, early in the fourth quarter before commencing their biggest fourth-quarter comeback in six years.

The Giants at Broncos matchup will conclude an NFL Thanksgiving triple-header. The early game (FOX, 12:30 PM ET) will be an NFC North meeting of the Green Bay Packers at the Detroit Lions. The second game (CBS, 4:15 PM ET) features the Oakland Raiders visiting the Dallas Cowboys in the Raiders’ first Thanksgiving game since 1970.

That evening, the Broncos will host their first Thanksgiving contest since 1963 when they lost Oakland Raiders, 26-10.

The rest of the 2009 regular-season schedule will be completed and announced in April.

Loinkage

Any remember that come back a few years back?

Eli to Toomer for the game winning TD.

EDIT: Found it on youtube. Still gives me chills.

great find! I had tickets to that game and sold them because of a family outting to go to that night...I was so pissed.

Any remember that come back a few years back?

Eli to Toomer for the game winning TD.

EDIT: Found it on youtube. Still gives me chills.

hell yeh i remember.. i store this piece of memory next to the first time i bought a dirty mag......

the whole bar went nutz after that pass.. all 3 of us!!!!!!! then bartender offer us free drinks...

this shit better not happen. if so, watch online on nfl.com. the quality is pretty frickin good.

you mean the crap that i experince??.... they won't show you the whole game..and just show you bits of it.... then all talk while the game is going on!!!.. it'll just piss you off.. :furious:

Sweet 3 games for Thanksgiving :rock:

You should be able to watch the game in Connecticut depending how far out from NYC you are, the game has to be broadcasted in the local market.

I wouldn't get too excited over Thanksgiving games especially after the dreck we got this year.

And I really don't want us playing on Thanksgiving, and in Denver of all places. What is the NFL thinking when they plan these things for late night. This year the Cards had to play the late game on Sunday and then travel to Philly, and they had all sorts of problems getting home. 2 teams close to each other, now there's a concept.

Yay!

Another very winnable night game that we'll probably lose.

YAY!

Another very winnable game we'll probably lose, that'll make me upchuck my leftover turkey sammich and stuffing. I was so looking forward to enjoying Thanksgiving leftovers.