SportsWrath

Not Giant Related but,

Lughead

Haynesworth for about 16 Mil per season.....

I hope he don't kick Eli in the head...... unless it makes his rifle sites "ON"

Do you have a link that has the Redskins even interested in Haynesworth?

Personally, if he can be fit under the cap, he changes the whole defense. He is such a dominant presence right in the middle. You absolutely have to double team him every down. If we had him Osi and Tuck would probably have 20 sacks apiece, lol.

How the fuck do these guys (The Redskins) get all this cap space?

Fucking frustrating, isnt it? Every damn year they are over and yet sign the highest touted free agent. Luckily for us, it never works out for them.

Also, Haynesworth played his best season last year, contract year. I think he'll blow like the other 85 overpriced free agents they have signed.

Haha it wont fix the gaping holes in the offensive line, pathetic wide receivers and a crappy QB.

You know, they seem to love Campbell in DC. One thing I can say about him is that he sure does have a big arm. But is he going to be a winner in the NFL? I just don't see it right now. But I had serious doubts about Eli after his first 2 years or so. As for their WR's, they did draft Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas in last year's draft, two highly touted wide outs that really didn't get much of a chance to show their wares last season. I think they are wild cards because if they pan out very well, then the Redskins offense could be very good. But it won't be good as long as the offensive line is marginal at best. Still, I like the Skins chances even moreso than the Cowboys for the next few seasons.

You know, they seem to love Campbell in DC. One thing I can say about him is that he sure does have a big arm. But is he going to be a winner in the NFL? I just don't see it right now. But I had serious doubts about Eli after his first 2 years or so. As for their WR's, they did draft Malcolm Kelly and Devin Thomas in last year's draft, two highly touted wide outs that really didn't get much of a chance to show their wares last season. I think they are wild cards because if they pan out very well, then the Redskins offense could be very good. But it won't be good as long as the offensive line is marginal at best. Still, I like the Skins chances even moreso than the Cowboys for the next few seasons.

Yeah I think they love Campbell a little too much. Granted he is a great arm but if you compare him to McNabb at that age, McNabb was a much better QB. When you give Campbell time, he usually falls on his ass. How about that offensive line? I would rather have the Cowboys offensive line and that is not saying much. Can you imagine the Cowboys with Haynesworth? That would scare the hell out of me.

Do you have a link that has the Redskins even interested in Haynesworth?

Personally, if he can be fit under the cap, he changes the whole defense. He is such a dominant presence right in the middle. You absolutely have to double team him every down. If we had him Osi and Tuck would probably have 20 sacks apiece, lol.

I saw it on espn or something earlier today...on their website. Maybe si.com.

The Skins really aren't far away. I was hard on Cambell out of college, I thought he was picked way too high and had the luxury of playing behind Williams and Brown at rb. But the kid is putting it together, albiet slowly. His accuracy isn't terrible, and Malcom Kelley is going to be a great receiver.

'

The Skins' problem, along with the o line, is bringing in high priced talent every year and, from the words of some Skins fans, their OC. Though, there are quite a few Skins fans who want Colt Brennan to start.

Yeah I think they love Campbell a little too much. Granted he is a great arm but if you compare him to McNabb at that age, McNabb was a much better QB. When you give Campbell time, he usually falls on his ass. How about that offensive line? I would rather have the Cowboys offensive line and that is not saying much. Can you imagine the Cowboys with Haynesworth? That would scare the hell out of me.

Not even close to being the same type of QB's. Campbell is a pocket passer who doesn't like to run.

So now the Redskins will have 1 great defensive tackle and no decent depth.

Sounds like the Redskins allright.

and the guy hasn't played a full season since 2002, so I hope they like playing with minimum wage backups come game 10 of the season.

Nem it's pretty simple, the positions they should be spending money on, they don't, although this is a good signing for them, it just cost them way too much money.

They also do it with creative cap manoeuvring but I agree that they field a great starting lineup and then it drops off a cliff. That's why when a starter gets injured the Redskins struggle mightily. Oh yeah and Haynesworth will be injured again this year...by BJack. :flex: With a possible uncapped year coming some teams may go ape shit and then just re-structure release next year.

According to NFL.com's Adam Schefter, the Redskins only had $8.1 million in cap room when the free agency period began. But that didn't get in the way of the Redskins locking up the top player on the market, thanks to a massive seven-year, $100 million deal with Albert Haynesworth. The Redskins could do it like they do with many of their free agent deals, because they use significant signing bonuses and roster bonuses that keep the initial cap hit reasonable. And with no salary cap in the 2010 season and a large bankroll, Daniel Snyder may not be done.