SportsWrath

Burress expected back in two weeks

jranieli

4th rounder? At this point, the best you can hope for is to not take TOO big a cap hit when you release him. What team would take Plax and that contract right now? Another possibility is that Plax violated terms of contract and the Giants might be able to get out from under that way. But get out they must.

This pains me to say, because I've been a huge Plax fan and I hope to hell that he realizes there's something bigger than football at stake here. He really is at a crossroads and I'm rooting for him. But the Giants have to protect their interests, too.

When he's mentally and physically right, he's damn near unstoppable. Unfortunately, those instances have been far too infrequent. Now he threatens to be a distraction.

While his teammates are fond of him, they have also made clear that he is not above the team and the daily drama is unappreciated. However, he appears unreachable. For the sake of Team and getting out of a cap disaster when we have a chance, the Giants should cut ties now.

He is so fucking lucky that the bullet did not go through his leg or even his foot. It's probably some flesh wound but still what an idiot.

My friend texted me to let me know the incident took place at a club. Anyone else heard of this?

Do we even want him back?

As Plax's biggest critic, I say yes.. I personally want him back. At this point I'm not ready to pile on the guy. I really really hope this is a wake up call for him. Even though he may think no one cares about him, he needs to be reminded that he's luckier than billions of people...

is he over 18? then im pretty sure he's allowed to go to a club. married or not. let's not force our own morals on others

That's a given. He's a grown man and he sure the fuck do whatever he pleases. Him being at the club is neither here or there.

if he did in fact carry a loaded handgun into a club in NYC he has bigger problems than a hole in his leg. He is going to jail I think.

I know he doesn't have a NY carry permit. Almost impossable to get unless former law enforcement.

think it is mandatory jail otherwise.

All you need is justification, being a well known millionair usually leads to justification.

That's a given. He's a grown man and he sure the fuck do whatever he pleases. Him being at the club is neither here or there.

agreed. he should be criticized for carrying the gun and having it discharge into his leg. he shouldn't be criticized for being at the club

agreed. he should be criticized for having it discharge into his leg. he shouldn't be criticized for being at the club

Fixed, theres nothing wrong with having a gun, obviously many MANY NFL players do not feel safe and have begun carrying weapons.

Personally I would hire a body guard and carry a gun.

Personally I would hang out in spots where I never need a gun nor a body guard. That whole business of sagging their pants and walking with a limp has got to go...

Personally I would hang out in spots where I never need a gun nor a body guard. That whole business of sagging their pants and walking with a limp has got to go...

Unfortunetly until we stop treating them like Gods and paying them millions upon millions it never will.

Unfortunetly until we stop treating them like Gods and paying them millions upon millions it never will.

You know.. I think a lot of these guys just don't have good people around them. Take for instance Mike Tyson... he was surrounded by sharks. Plax, from his interview with Pam Oliver, all but said that it's only his family he feels the love from... this guy is fucking lonely. I think he can use a few good people around him.

From the Post:

It's not clear exactly what happened next, but Burress apparently started trying to unload the bullets from the gun and bobbled it. A shot went off accidentally, ripping through his leg.

A wide-receiver and he bobbles it!?! Cut his ass! :ph34r:

Glad there's no long-term damage, but he deserves whatever he gets next. I don't think off-duty cops have any business carrying going into bars and drinking, let alone obvious amateurs.

Personally if I were hard up on money I would find out where you hung out and thought you were safe, then rob you there because I would know you weren't carrying anything or had any protection. Home isn't totally safe either, evidence: Sean Taylor.

From the Post:

A wide-receiver and he bobbles it!?! Cut his ass! :ph34r:

Glad there's no long-term damage, but he deserves whatever he gets next. I don't think off-duty cops have any business carrying going into bars and drinking, let alone obvious amateurs.

According to that article, Pierce was the last one with the gun. If Plax has issues, suffers from lonliness, or whatever his problem is, I just hope Pierce doesn't get caught in the middle of this and we end up with 2 players being scooped up by Jerry Jones & Co.

ok as a fan im proverbially giving back my superbowl championship. i only want model citizens on my NFL teams

Not me. I just want this head case who happen to play good last year, gone. Especialy considering it seems he doesnt give a crap about the Giants anymore. In the papers or on the feild.

And dont feed me the "he has been double covered this year" crap. He was double covered last year to.

Not me. I just want this head case who happen to play good last year, gone. Especialy considering it seems he doesnt give a crap about the Giants anymore. In the papers or on the feild.

And dont feed me the "he has been double covered this year" crap. He was double covered last year to.

Why does TO and Moss seem to be catching passes left and right and Plax is "double covered"?

despite his reputation he's a huge reason our running game has been as good as it is. take a look at all the blocks he's throwing.

also, i dont care about this year. this year is gravy. but last year, on a fucked up ankle he gave 199 million percent out there and we would not have a superbowl championship w/o him.