SportsWrath

Burress expected back in two weeks

jranieli

Well to be fair we're 11-1 in spite of him not because of him.

he's not having his best statistical season he has still contributed when he's played. eli spreads the ball around a lot this season and his blocking has been top notch

he's not having his best statistical season he has still contributed when he's played. eli spreads the ball around a lot this season and his blocking has been top notch

Not to mention he's drawing two guys in coverage.

Admiral, what is the classification of the obstruction charge they're talking about putting on AP?

And what about the gun charges on both? Felonies or misdemeanors?

It's true that none of our receivers are as good as him but by the same token none of those receivers gets paid nearly as much. I don't know how much TO makes compared to Plax but TO is catching passes and TDs out of his ass..

Who would've thought at this point we'd be talking more about Plax and none about TO?

The point I'm making is.. for the money this guy makes, we could bring in a Fitzgerald.

dudes like fitzgerald are pretty rare though. how many top tier wr's can you think of who are perfectly well behaved? baggage seems to come with top wr's but it's all in the game. we knew that when we signed him, that's why we initially got him so cheap

Not to mention he's drawing two guys in coverage.

Admiral, what is the classification of the obstruction charge they're talking about putting on AP?

And what about the gun charges on both? Felonies or misdemeanors?

he's being charged with criminal possession of a deadly weapon. whether or not it's a felony depends on the degree of the charge. if it's 1st, 2nd, or 3rd degree it's a felony adn if it's 4th degree it's a misdemeanor. it's just a handgun and he's doesn't have any gun-related priors and that's what separates 4th from 3rd so my best guess is he'll get 4th degree charge. and of course that's before he pleads down

dudes like fitzgerald are pretty rare though. how many top tier wr's can you think of who are perfectly well behaved? baggage seems to come with top wr's but it's all in the game. we knew that when we signed him, that's why we initially got him so cheap

I'm not asking for perfection... just don't act like a total douche. And if we're paying someone top dollar, then he better be on his best behavior.. and it's not like we're asking of him to stay home all day.. just don't carry a gun to a club... show up on time for work... etc. The basics.

when he's in the mood. i have to say that the more we subtract whiners from the team, the more relaxed eli seems. he had his best statistical game this year today (i think). and he seems to like spreading the ball around. toomer seemed reborn today too. all around, the passing game looked sharp today.

I'm not asking for perfection... just don't act like a total douche. And if we're paying someone top dollar, then he better be on his best behavior.. and it's not like we're asking of him to stay home all day.. just don't carry a gun to a club... show up on time for work... etc. The basics.

i agree, i dont like either of the infractions you just mentioned. i think the latter was dealt with appropriately by the giants though. i dont think we should be getting all over him for going to a club though, and i certainly think the good has still outweighed the bad with burress and don't regret bringing him to ny

:o lincoln freed the slaves, you know.

when he's in the mood. i have to say that the more we subtract whiners from the team, the more relaxed eli seems. he had his best statistical game this year today (i think). and he seems to like spreading the ball around. toomer seemed reborn today too. all around, the passing game looked sharp today.

true but i wonder if washington employs the "key on the run and let eli beat us" gameplan if burress is in the lineup

true but i wonder if washington employs the "key on the run and let eli beat us" gameplan if burress is in the lineup

it's like pick your poison with this offense. even with them bunched against the run, we still controlled the clock 2:1 almost. i haven't seen a team so deep since the 49ers of the late 80's.

i agree, i dont like either of the infractions you just mentioned. i think the latter was dealt with appropriately by the giants though. i dont think we should be getting all over him for going to a club though, and i certainly think the good has still outweighed the bad with burress and don't regret bringing him to ny

No, I'm not going all over him for going to a club. That's his life.. his right. But to carry a fucking gun? If you need a gun then chances are that place is not for you... period.

I don't think his good outweighed the bad. He's getting paid a lot of money and that money, we can land a player of equal or even better caliber... So if he's going to be a hot-head, he shouldn't be making top dollar.. just can't have it both ways.

The other side of the coin is, Plax is having an easier time against defenders because teams tend to focus on our running game.

it's like pick your poison with this offense. even with them bunched against the run, we still controlled the clock 2:1 almost. i haven't seen a team so deep since the 49ers of the late 80's.

i've never had a favorite team play like the giants have in the past year, maybe that's why im willing to overlook more off the field stuff

Of course they do. That is still the best chance of a team beating us with or without Burress in the lineup.

AA, I'm not saying don't try to help the guy, but after all the stuff he has done, and now this, do you really think that this is no big deal? Do you think they should not suspend him and basically give him a pass? I do not. Plaxico is they way he is probably because for most of his life he has not had to deal with many consequences for bad behavior. If you don't deal with him harshly for this, you are just enabling the continuance of this behavior.

I'm also not impressed with his play this year. And the whole "insert playoff stats here" comment... doesn't matter. If he's not there, who's to say another player doesn't have comparable stats or the unit as a whole doesn't make up that production? You cannot say that they don't, as a team, match his production. When Plaxico is off the field, someone else is there, and you cannot say that there 100% would be an opportunity cost lost if he's not there.

No, I'm not going all over him for going to a club. That's his life.. his right. But to carry a fucking gun? If you need a gun then chances are that place is not for you... period.

I don't think his good outweighed the bad. He's getting paid a lot of money and that money, we can land a player of equal or even better caliber... So if he's going to be a hot-head, he shouldn't be making top dollar.. just can't have it both ways.

he can though, teams are still shelling out top dollars for diva wr's. that's the way the game is these days. no one wanted this guy when he was a fa and we got a great deal on him. as a result, despite some off the field antics, he ended up playing an intregal part of a superbowl title run. meanwhile those teams that passed on him dont have a superbowl. i'd rather be in our shoes than theirs

Of course they do. That is still the best chance of a team beating us with or without Burress in the lineup.

washington seemed to key on our run a lot more than other d's we've seen this season though. eli did what he wanted out there today against a pretty decent defense.

AA, I'm not saying don't try to help the guy, but after all the stuff he has done, and now this, do you really think that this is no big deal? Do you think they should not suspend him and basically give him a pass? I do not. Plaxico is they way he is probably because for most of his life he has not had to deal with many consequences for bad behavior. If you don't deal with him harshly for this, you are just enabling the continuance of this behavior.

im totally cool with suspending burress. bringing a gun to a club is unacceptable. i am not upset he went to the club though.

I'm also not impressed with his play this year. And the whole "insert playoff stats here" comment... doesn't matter. If he's not there, who's to say another player doesn't have comparable stats or the unit as a whole doesn't make up that production? You cannot say that they don't, as a team, match his production. When Plaxico is off the field, someone else is there, and you cannot say that there 100% would be an opportunity cost lost if he's not there.

i hear what you are saying and it MIGHT be true, but if the giants felt that way they could've told burress to get lost during training camp and save themselves 35 mil

he can though, teams are still shelling out top dollars for diva wr's. that's the way the game is these days. no one wanted this guy when he was a fa and we got a great deal on him. as a result, despite some off the field antics, he ended up playing an intregal part of a superbowl title run. meanwhile those teams that passed on him dont have a superbowl. i'd rather be in our shoes than theirs

Fine, I'll gladly let the Jerry Joneses and the Al Davises of the league do that. All I'm saying is there is a ton of talent at WR in this league... from Moss in Washington, Smith in Carolina, or even.. god TO in Dallas... TO has been the better one this season...

What's funny is Plax hasn't really lived up to the hype.. sure he's had a game here or there where he shined but most of the time he's mediocre.. and that's when he's actually on the field.

Fine, I'll gladly let the Jerry Joneses and the Al Davises of the league do that. All I'm saying is there is a ton of talent at WR in this league... from Moss in Washington, Smith in Carolina, or even.. god TO in Dallas... TO has been the better one this season...

What's funny is Plax hasn't really lived up to the hype.. sure he's had a game here or there where he shined but most of the time he's mediocre.. and that's when he's actually on the field.

steve smith got suspended for two games for punching a teammate in the face(not the first time he's done it either)--i think that alone is way more detrimental to a team than anything burress has done. santana moss is no choir boy either and IMO is not as good as burress is. i disagree with you on the impact burress has made on this team and on eli's progression as a qb but that's probably why we disagree on whether or not the good has outweighed the bad w/ him

steve smith got suspended for two games for punching a teammate in the face(not the first time he's done it either)--i think that alone is way more detrimental to a team than anything burress has done. santana moss is no choir boy either and IMO is not as good as burress is. i disagree with you on the impact burress has made on this team and on eli's progression as a qb but that's probably why we disagree on whether or not the good has outweighed the bad w/ him

Ok well said. All I'm saying is, If we're paying top dollar for anyone, then he needs to perform as such... let's start with being on the field... game time or practice time. Being injury prone should take away from one's value... and being a trouble maker should also.

We have played as well, or better, the games he hasnt played this year.

yeah what an asshole, i wish he never joined the team and caught all those huge passes en route to a superbowl

actually he is an idiot...he is in a perfect situation...all he has to do is what he gets paid for which is being a receiver, and he's pretty darn good at it.