SportsWrath

Strahan vs. Tiki.......(behind the mike)

BleedinBlue

I've watched my share of Tiki Barber comments in the sports booth and for whatever reason....he comes across as nice, but not endearing. Nor does he seem to have incredible insight on a game.

Then I watch Strahan and he seems as comfortable as a pig in mud in front of a mike. He seems to be almost endeared on the panel of "experts"....well, at least by Johnson and Bradshaw. And he seems to be very insightful when asked for his opinion on the internals of the game.

So...for me anyway....I think Strahan is really in his element and Tiki is not. Which is surprising because I always thought Tiki was a natural for the booth and thought it was a bit of a stretch for Strahan to be a big success on TV.

Anyone else feel this way or is it just me because I like Strahan so much?

I've watched my share of Tiki Barber comments in the sports booth and for whatever reason....he comes across as nice, but not endearing. Nor does he seem to have incredible insight on a game.

Then I watch Strahan and he seems as comfortable as a pig in mud in front of a mike. He seems to be almost endeared on the panel of "experts"....well, at least by Johnson and Bradshaw. And he seems to be very insightful when asked for his opinion on the internals of the game.

So...for me anyway....I think Strahan is really in his element and Tiki is not. Which is surprising because I always thought Tiki was a natural for the booth and thought it was a bit of a stretch for Strahan to be a big success on TV.

It's the personality factor, Tiki doesn't really have one...on-screen at least...he just kind of drones out what's supposed to be said while Strahan makes it fun and is just a giant goofball anyway.

i enjoy the hell out of watching strahan on tv. i think he's hilarious.

I agree...whenever they'd interview him or show him on the sidelines I always thought he was hilarious, too. You can't look at the guy without at least chuckling.

tiki sucks. whats sad is that he's been preparing for having this on his mind since way before he was retired, but if you dont have talent you dont have talent

Tiki is a Republican... what did you expect? :LMAO:

All joking aside, I haven't listened to anything Tiki Barber since his comments last year. Fuck him. I enjoy booing him when his face comes up on the Jumbotron at the stadium, though.

He did a spot for Fox News when he was playing. It's a prerequisite that you have to be a republican

to get onto Fox News.

Nice try!! <_<

Tiki works for NBC (Today Show, and Football Night in America/Sunday Night Football)....which as you probably know, is the most biased network for Obama and is part of the democrat machine. :TD:

And by the way.....Strahan works for Fox :TU:

Strahan is the Republican, not Tiki.

Nice try!! <_<

Tiki works for NBC (Today Show, and Football Night in America/Sunday Night Football)....which as you probably know, is the most biased network for Obama and is part of the democrat machine. :TD:

And by the way.....Strahan works for Fox :TU:

Strahan is the Republican, not Tiki.

Dude Tiki was on Fox and Friends morning show during the off-season numerous times. He WAS a Fox person.

Dude Tiki was on Fox and Friends morning show during the off-season numerous times. He WAS a Fox person.

I saw it when Tiki was on there. You fail to point out that he was a GUEST, not a host.

However, when Tiki was still a Giant and a player on the team, he had some morning slots on Fox which is where he decided to get into sports casting instead of running the football.

When the dust settled and he wanted a full time career in the booth, he became an NBC guy all the way.

Strahan is a Fox guy all the way.

It's the personality factor, Tiki doesn't really have one...on-screen at least...he just kind of drones out what's supposed to be said while Strahan makes it fun and is just a giant goofball anyway.

Tiki comes off a little too guarded and rehearsed; as if he is a first year professor in a high level course trying to remember his talking points. Strahan is not out there winging it; but he does appear to be more comfortable with his limitations while appearing more willing to take a risk. Plus he is just being himself without an agenda to prove himself.

i watch a few of tiki's crap... he's boring as hell.. trying to use big words and crap.. kiss my ass, you write children's book asshole

Trash...please keep Ms. Hypnotize out of any discussions....I just lost my train of thought. All I want to do right now is to get my snorkel gear and dive right between those heavenly mounds of joy. :ph34r:

Tiki's ok, but Strahan is a real joy to watch. I really think Tiki would be a better fit as a journalist away from sports. All in all, he's a good guy but Strahan has always been the more endearing, his personality is just magnetic and people have to love him. Best thing Fox ever did was hire Strahan. They should just get rid of Jimmy Johnson and go with the 4 of them, Menefee, Terry, Howie, and Michael.

Tiki's ok, but Strahan is a real joy to watch. I really think Tiki would be a better fit as a journalist away from sports. All in all, he's a good guy but Strahan has always been the more endearing, his personality is just magnetic and people have to love him. Best thing Fox ever did was hire Strahan. They should just get rid of Jimmy Johnson and go with the 4 of them, Menefee, Terry, Howie, and Michael.

I say keep Jimmy Johnson. I love him when he talks about kickers:

"Kicker missed the kick...I cut 'em"

I say keep Jimmy Johnson. I love him when he talks about kickers:

"Kicker missed the kick...I cut 'em"

LOL....I feel the same way. I hated him when he was with the cowboys, but in the booth he's interesting to listen to. He's obviously very down on his cowboys right now....even disgusted with them.

I switched over to NFL network later in the day and watched NFL Gameday - Final Report and listened to Rich Eisen and Steve Mariucci heap praises on the Giants and calling them the best team in the NFL while Neon Deion threw a hissy fit insisting that the Giants aren't that good. Eisen called Deion out and told him he was biased because he can't let it go that the cowboys haven't lived up to the hype. In fact, Deion admitted that the NFC was better than the AFC and admitted that the Giants were the best team right now in the NFC, but not better than the Titans. Rich Eisen also threw it in Deion's face that it's obvious that the Giants' superbowl win wasn't a fluke.....and Deion came right back and said, "yes it was". Eisen even accused Deion of still smarting from last years post season victory over the cowboys effect his thinking, Regardless, it is so freakin obvious that Deion is carrying his cowboy hatred of the Giants into the booth.

Anyway.....I like the current Fox booth with Johnson in it. It is by far the most entertaining group of guys behind the mike right now.....IMHO

Tiki hasn't been good on TV, but the Tiki hatred is getting too much. He wouldn't be the first guy. Shit, Joe Namath was calling games for years, based on the fact he's Mr. Jet, but he was useless.

Strahan picked the Cowboys over us, but Giants fans overall gave him a pass, well because he's Strahan.

Tiki hasn't been good on TV, but the Tiki hatred is getting too much. He wouldn't be the first guy. Shit, Joe Namath was calling games for years, based on the fact he's Mr. Jet, but he was useless.

Strahan picked the Cowboys over us, but Giants fans overall gave him a pass, well because he's Strahan.

Maybe Giants' fans are more forgiveable when you win a SuperBowl.