SportsWrath

Strahan vs. Tiki.......(behind the mike)

BleedinBlue

Maybe Giants' fans are more forgiveable when you win a SuperBowl.

Well Tiki Barber had 4-5 of the best years of any Giant in Giant History before we won the Superbowl and was often the only reason why we won games. When Tiki spoke up while he was a Giant, often times he was right in what he said.

He's Giant enemy number one now because he said some shit about Eli/Coughlin etc, and yes he deserves some shit for that. He's also not very good in the studio, that's true. But there's also no doubt that Tiki's achievements on the field are clouded now based on what he's doing now and that's not really fair, and he'll never be given a fair shot in anything he does now because of this. To say they won a superbowl without him is a bit of a stretch also, they could have done better with him, you don't know. I think booing him at Giants games when he appears on the screen is totally fucked up. Just say nothing.

Well Tiki Barber had 4-5 of the best years of any Giant in Giant History before we won the Superbowl and was often the only reason why we won games. When Tiki spoke up while he was a Giant, often times he was right in what he said.

He's Giant enemy number one now because he said some shit about Eli/Coughlin etc, and yes he deserves some shit for that. He's also not very good in the studio, that's true. But there's also no doubt that Tiki's achievements on the field are clouded now based on what he's doing now and that's not really fair, and he'll never be given a fair shot in anything he does now because of this. To say they won a superbowl without him is a bit of a stretch also, they could have done better with him, you don't know. I think booing him at Giants games when he appears on the screen is totally fucked up. Just say nothing.

Agreed 100%.

That is a very racist statement naz!

That is stereotyping blacks as needy and incapable of discerning which political philosophy they prefer.

No I'm stereotyping blacks who don't know their fucking history... I know I wasn't born back then but some of you older fellas KNOW exactly what the fuck I'm talking about. And judging by the Republican party's views on Islam, the more things change, the more they remain the same.

No I'm stereotyping blacks who don't know their fucking history... I know I wasn't born back then but some of you older fellas KNOW exactly what the fuck I'm talking about. And judging by the Republican party's views on Islam, the more things change, the more they remain the same.

Well....naz, this thread is heading for the politics and religion section. But.....since you say the "older guys should know" what you're talking about, let me tell you a little about the history of the Republican party.

It was the Republican party under Abe Lincoln that was against slavery. It was the Democrats who were willing to cede from the union in order to keep slavery. In the end....after 600,000 deaths in the bloodiest war in our history.....the Republicans won and it was the Republicans who made slavery illegal. The Republicans were "strict constitutionalists" and believed that the constitution gave liberty to every individual. It was the democrats of the south who believed that blacks were not included in that statement.

Although blacks were no longer slaves, things changed little over the next 100 years until the Civil Rights Movement. During this time, many Democrats would have you believe that it was a movement from within their party. They have spent decades rewriting history to make it sound as if Republicans were against the movement and Democrats were for the movement when in fact, more Republicans than Democrats voted favorably for equal rights. Leading democrats in congress today, such as Senator Robert Byrd, held the titles Kleagle (ie., recruiter) and Exalted Cyclops , which stands for the top leader within his chapter of the KKK and was adamantly against giving any rights given to blacks.....and he still sits in congress to this day proudly calling himself a democrat.....a leading democrat no less. Democrat Sen. Robert Byrd wrote the following letter to his own Senator before he became a senator himself and said, "I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels...". Anyway.....theirs a little history of your democrat party naz.

One last story. The reason Condeleeza Rice became a Republican was because her father (a minister) went right down to the democrats headquarters to sign up to vote when blacks finally got the right to vote. But they wouldn't let him sign up and told him to go away and that the party didn't want him. So he walked to the republican headquarters where he was welcomed with open arms and was signed up so he could vote. Rice has repeatedly stated that she will always be a republican because of what the democrats did to her father.

Anyway......us "older guys" know enough about history to know that bigotry and racism has little to do with political parties and a lot more to do with an individual.....which probably has a lot to do with that person's upbringing. Your statement that "smart blacks" are democrats and ignorant ones are republican is a very racist position.

Try explaining that position to some active republicans like Denzel Washington or Karl (the "Mailman") Malone or perenial pro-bowler Lynn Swan...all die-hard republicans. So, drop the racist rants and your typical stereotyping.

Jesus Christ Nas and Bleedin, take this shit to the Politics section, there's no need for any of this here.

Didn't want to do it here, but I refuse to let Naz make a racist statement the way he did and let it go unanswered. There's no room for racism on this board in my opinion. And I will speak up when I see it.