SportsWrath

Why the Giants should win vs Steelers.

Virginia Giant

One player should make the difference. Steve Smith. Pitt loves to blitz as much as we do, but we have the secret weapon. Smith. He's a great route runner and sure hands and he has become Eli's safety net. I predict We will get Pitt on their heels throwing the ball short to SS and will have their D confused all day.

Problem is, the blitz on both teams will be dampened(no pun) do to rain. It's supposed to rain all weekend in Pittsburg, and the University of Pittsburg plays Saturday. Heinz field is the worst field in the NFL, pile on the rain, the tearing up that college will do,...the blitzing will not be effective.

Problem is, the blitz on both teams will be dampened(no pun) do to rain. It's supposed to rain all weekend in Pittsburg, and the University of Pittsburg plays Saturday. Heinz field is the worst field in the NFL, pile on the rain, the tearing up that college will do,...the blitzing will not be effective.

Fuck, I hope it isn't as bad as the game in London against Miami. That was one bad pitch. (Notice the English reference ;) )

Personally, I think if the Giants running game is up to snuff, we'll win. If our three RB's are picking up steady yards, then the passing game opens up. So far, our running game has thrown teams a big problem and hopefully that continues this coming weekend.

Then....of course....our defense has to be sharp on game day because Pitt can move the ball on the ground as shown by their average of 170 yards per game against pretty good competition. We have to stop their running game and hopefully, our backfield will do a little better job at messing up their passing game.

You heard it here first: Giants 38 - Pittsburgh 17 :rock:

This game is going to be about intensity. The fans in Pittsburg get loud, its a hard place to win and if we show up flat like we did against Cleveland, we are toast. Hopefully we already learned this lesson

Personally, I think if the Giants running game is up to snuff, we'll win. If our three RB's are picking up steady yards, then the passing game opens up. So far, our running game has thrown teams a big problem and hopefully that continues this coming weekend.

Then....of course....our defense has to be sharp on game day because Pitt can move the ball on the ground as shown by their average of 170 yards per game against pretty good competition. We have to stop their running game and hopefully, our backfield will do a little better job at messing up their passing game.

I agree with this. I dont know that we will win by that big of a margin, but your assessment is correct IMO. The only thing I think may not happen is PITT runnin the ball as effectively as we do. W/o fast Willie Parker, they are not as powerful in the run game. They are still movin the ball decently, but we stop that pretty well.

This game is going to be about intensity. The fans in Pittsburg get loud, its a hard place to win and if we show up flat like we did against Cleveland, we are toast. Hopefully we already learned this lesson

You could not be more right. This game is going to be an all out war and it will come down to which line can impose their will on the other. I do not think this will be a high scoring affair, it should be all about running the ball and stuffing the run. Especially if it will be in the mud and rain.

That is my favorite type of game, we should see plenty of Jacobs pounding the ball, and when he needs a break Ward can step in an continue to grind it. VG is right that Smith is going to be huge in this game, making catches on 3rd and short. If Gillbrite goes away from that stradegy this game will be a loss. This game should be a Gmen victory 17-10.

This is going to be a tough game. We can talk Steve Smith all day but the Steelers have some receivers too. Both Santonio Holmes and Nate Washington are both deep threats, Heath Miller will be a matchup problem for our linebackers, and then there's Hines Ward. They don't have Parker, but Mewelde Moore dominated last week. I think we can shut down Moore, but Holmes and Washington I think will be tough to cover. I think Eli is going to need to come up big this game and make plays downfield, and of course, the running game really needs to control the clock. I think this game could go either way, and we need to play our best football to win.

Fuck, I hope it isn't as bad as the game in London against Miami. That was one bad pitch. (Notice the English reference ;) )

yes that was the worst ''pitch'' i have ever seen .......im going to Wembley on Sun to watch NO v SD .....i just hope it doesnt rain like last year

we only scored 14 against the Browns

Eli and the OL better tighten up if you want to see a score like that .

Also with the way Ross has been playing, Roethlisberger to Holmes should be heard a lot Sunday afternoon But I don't know how many TD's they will accumulate .

Your score prediction could very well be reversed.

P.S. You heard it here first :P

This is going to be a tough game. We can talk Steve Smith all day but the Steelers have some receivers too. Both Santonio Holmes and Nate Washington are both deep threats, Heath Miller will be a matchup problem for our linebackers, and then there's Hines Ward. They don't have Parker, but Mewelde Moore dominated last week. I think we can shut down Moore, but Holmes and Washington I think will be tough to cover. I think Eli is going to need to come up big this game and make plays downfield, and of course, the running game really needs to control the clock. I think this game could go either way, and we need to play our best football to win.

That's why pressure is going to be key and teams have been able to get to Rothlesberger.

One player should make the difference. Steve Smith. Pitt loves to blitz as much as we do, but we have the secret weapon. Smith. He's a great route runner and sure hands and he has become Eli's safety net. I predict We will get Pitt on their heels throwing the ball short to SS and will have their D confused all day.

The glass is half full:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...hotread6/mosley

i'm looking forward to this game coming up. I don't think any of us think we will win this game easily. Ben has been getting sacked quite a bit but I assume the steelers will max protect him.. should be interesting.

Why does everyone think they game will be a wet one?

have you looked at the Forecast?

Rain should not start till around 8 P.M.

Rain will start Friday night through Saturday night. then again Sunday night.

Heinz field+college game played in mud+more rain+Giants game= Mess

Rain will start Friday night through Saturday night. then again Sunday night.

Heinz field+college game played in mud+more rain+Giants game= Mess

I was at Heinz Field 2 years ago for a Pitt game. The night before they held one of the state high school football regionals. It rain the night of the high school game and the next day for the college game, the field was a complete mess. It's unreal on how bad the grass is there. They have to re-sod a few times a year. They should seriously look into the same turf Giants stadium uses.