SportsWrath

Shockey and Reese Exchange Words

Storm

Shouting Match

Jeremy Shockey and Giants general manager Jerry Reese got into a huge shouting match during the tight end's "visit" to minicamp, which concluded today at Giants Stadium.

This goes with the theory Shockey helped develop last Saturday that his problems with the Giants are not involved with football but with off-the-field issues.

Shockey said last week he was upset the Giants did not allow him to stay on the field during Super Bowl XLII and instead sent him up to coowner Steve Tisch's luxury box. He also blamed the Giants for spreading the rumors that he was upset and wanted a trade.

TRUE BLUE

Vinny DiTrani shares the real and hard-hitting stories about your New York Giants.

Read "True Blue"

It's a good bet these were two of the elements brought up in the argument.

Even coach Tom Coughlin admitted Friday he hasn't seen any progress in Shockey's mental state over the past three days. "There is an issue, but it is not something that would prevent him from working," Coughlin added.

Meanwhile agent Drew Rosenhaus showed up at Giants Stadium on Friday apparently to speak with one of his clients, Plaxico Burress. Reese said he did not have any plans to meet with Rosenhaus.

"I’m just here to visit with my clients as they wrap up minicamp, to see the guys," Rosenhaus said. "That was my purpose for being here."

As far as mending the apparently shattered relationship between Shockey and the Giants front office, he said, "It’s an issue that we’re working on, that we’re talking to the team with. We’re just going to have to take it one day at a time."

When asked if Shockey wants to remain with the Giants, Rosenhaus said: "I don’t specifically have a way to address that at this time because Jeremy’s been very adamant about avoiding any public discussion about a situation.

"The best thing I can say about Jeremy’s situation is that we are talking to the team about some of the issues that exist and we hope to get that resolved."

I hate to say this, but it's becoming apparent that the Giants orginization has not acted with much class when dealing with Shock. It looks like was wrong and I hope Jeremy stays a Giant.

I am ashamed of the Giants for forcing him off the sidelines in the super bowl, thats dispicable.

I hate to say this, but it's becoming apparent that the Giants orginization has not acted with much class when dealing with Shock. It looks like was wrong and I hope Jeremy stays a Giant.

I am ashamed of the Giants for forcing him off the sidelines in the super bowl, thats dispicable.

the thing is that they didnt let anyone on IR sit on the sidelines, just just shockey

Is that an NFL rule or a Giants rule?... either way I think it's a stupid rule. If it was a Giants rule, I understand why he's pissed, but get the fuck over it already Shock.

I might be off base on this, but I'm pretty sure the reason he wasn't on the sidelines is because he was on crutches, and there was a concern that he wouldn't be able to get out of the way should there be a pileup that went out of bounds. Not sure if it's an NFL thing or a Giants thing, but I know it was a medical/rehab thing.

As far as Shockey's reaction, I'd give him more of a benefit of the doubt except for his track record - not saying he's a bad guy, just that he blows his stack more than Old Faithful.

Isn't there a rule with how many players are allowed to be on the sidelines in the superbowl? I could be wrong on this but I thought I saw that somewhere.

As far as Shockey goes, I want him back but not if this is how it's going to be all next season.

This is funny, some people on this very board threw Shockey under the bus for sitting up in box and "kicking back beers" while his team was on the field winning the super bowl.

Now people start hearing the other side of what has been a one sided story. Shockey is pissed about a few things and so far one of them is not money unlike some other players. The organization needs to seriously sit down with Shockey and Burress specifically, to put this behind them the right way and not have this lingering over the team another minute.

Pay Burress and apologize to Shockey for the last 6 months of headlines coming straight out of the front office into the media.

I'd have loved to have been within earshot of that arguement between Reese & Shockey.

This is funny, some people on this very board threw Shockey under the bus for sitting up in box and "kicking back beers" while his team was on the field winning the super bowl.

Now people start hearing the other side of what has been a one sided story. Shockey is pissed about a few things and so far one of them is not money unlike some other players. The organization needs to seriously sit down with Shockey and Burress specifically, to put this behind them the right way and not have this lingering over the team another minute.

Pay Burress and apologize to Shockey for the last 6 months of headlines coming straight out of the front office into the media.

I'd have loved to have been within earshot of that arguement between Reese & Shockey.

Well, many of us weren't exactly in the loop. And quit frankly, Shockey completely blowing the team off isn't that unbelievable. A little more believable than the team ordering him to the luxury box. looks like i was wrong. Not exactly breaking news that fans will jump to conclusions.

I'm confuse... Are you telling me that I probably shouldn't have payed attention to Mike Garfalo's "sources"? That it might be something he made up to spark up something in a very slow Championship offseason? :confused:

No, no, no, no! I refuse to believe a reporter would do such a thing.

I might be off base on this, but I'm pretty sure the reason he wasn't on the sidelines is because he was on crutches, and there was a concern that he wouldn't be able to get out of the way should there be a pileup that went out of bounds. Not sure if it's an NFL thing or a Giants thing, but I know it was a medical/rehab thing.

As far as Shockey's reaction, I'd give him more of a benefit of the doubt except for his track record - not saying he's a bad guy, just that he blows his stack more than Old Faithful.

I'm with you, joe.

And I've just about had it with Shockey. He was hard to root for anyway, because at the end of the day... he's an asshole.

I guess we just forgot that they line up drinks in front of you in those luxury boxes and force you to consume them. :rolleyes:

If bad attitudes are cancers to a ballclub, I guess Jeremy Shockey is AIDS. At least you have some hope when it's cancer.

I'm with you, joe.

And I've just about had it with Shockey. He was hard to root for anyway, because at the end of the day... he's an asshole.

Not sure what "words were exchanged", but the Shockinator should realize that you can't beat the GM in a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors.

And BTW, this is only one issue in a tornado of an offseason with Shockey.

the thing is that they didnt let anyone on IR sit on the sidelines, just just shockey

I know I saw Grillz and he also did some Giants.com pre-superbowl stuff. As far as Shockey goes I don't think anybody doubts his abilities, it's his mental issues that are the problem.

I'd have loved to have been within earshot of that argument between Reese & Shockey.

I think most people on the board and I'm one of them stood by Shockey. Those who say the Giants are better without him are the minority of the minority... and I contend are not true Giants fans because they fail to see what Shockey brings to the table.

Having said that, there's no evidence to suggest that the FO office acted inappropiately... if you remember in previous seasons.. that "source" was none other than Tiki Barber.

Not to play devil's advocate here, but since I harsh on Shockey quite a bit, I think it's just fair to point out that Reese has a tendency to shoot from the hip too.

Winning cures everything, but it wasn't too long ago that Reese referred to his franchise QB as "skittish". And prior to that, he publicly slammed Luke Petitgout - after he had already cut him loose from the team. Prior to that, he was dancing a bit with Strahan during that offseason holdout.

So to be fair, if the saying is true that it takes two to tango, Shockey's found himself an experienced partner with Reese.

Poor Shockey, forced to the luxury box...

Oh, wait...

Jeremy Shockey won't go to Super Bowl

By RALPH VACCHIANO

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Thursday, January 31st 2008, 4:49 PM

It looks like TE Jeremy Shockey will not be joining the Giants at the Super Bowl, after all. His teammates have pleaded with him, and he even received personal invites from TEs coach Mike Pope and several others in the organization. But in the end, he apparently was worried about wandering through the crowds on crutches. He also didn't want to be a distraction.

Asked how he's handling not being at the Super Bowl with his team, Pope said Shockey "is devastated."

Shockey, by the way, sent an inspirational message to his teammates, which is now hanging on their locker room wall.

Those meanies.:cwy:

Sorry, not into revisionism.

He had to be begged to go, and now the Giants are assholes for not wanting him on the field? Fuck that. This is the biggest prima-donna act I've ever seen with this team.

Shockey was on crutches, standing on the sidelines would have been foolish for him and foolish for the Giants to allow such silliness.

I hope this works out. The guy is an ass, he is a mentally unstable dude and have proven himself to be dumber than a box of rocks, both with his mouth off the field and he forgetfullness on it.

With that being said, I hope this works out and everyone comes together and decides "hey lets do this again with everyone".

I think most people on the board and I'm one of them stood by Shockey. Those who say the Giants are better without him are the minority of the minority... and I contend are not true Giants fans because they fail to see what Shockey brings to the table.

Who the fuck are you to say who's a true Giants fan? When did you become an authority?

I'm confuse... Are you telling me that I probably shouldn't have payed attention to Mike Garfalo's "sources"? That it might be something he made up to spark up something in a very slow Championship offseason? :confused:

No, no, no, no! I refuse to believe a reporter would do such a thing.

"sources" are bullshit. If a name cant be nammed, its bogus .