SportsWrath

Shockey and Reese Exchange Words

Storm

Theres no loyalty there. So what he says some stupid shit sometimes, when you all reach perfection you let me know.

I understand your argument. But if life were a game of Monopoly, and perfection was Boardwalk, Shockey's still on Baltic Avenue.

He wants a little loyalty and than half the people on here want him out, with no chance to see how he comes into the next season. Theres no loyalty there. So what he says some stupid shit sometimes, when you all reach perfection you let me know. And if any of you can say you didnt wanna see him get the ball more I think your full of it. The past two years every time Giant conversation comes up with fans getting him the ball more was an issue. I dont think it would be that much more different around this board. Its funny how everyone talking about Shockey throwing his hands up after a bad pass, but nooes mention that about Burress. Because he was the first to do it. Only someone with no football sense would have traded him this year, without seeing how it pans out. Shocckey does need to getthe ball. Everytime Ive been to Giants Stadium the past 5 years it never got louder than when Shockey got the ball. And thats a fact.

You must not have been here when half the board wanted to trade Plax for a bag of spare footballs.

Bottom line, any other year, ANY other year, all this stuff gets filed into the Shockey being Shockey drawer. but this year, after winning the super bowl with the team first concept in full view, damn straight fans aren't going to be happy when there are happenings that are percieved as selfish.

Shockey is simultaneously the most loved and hated Giant, and has been for years.

There's the right way and there's the wrong way to go about getting a new contract. Shockey totally blew it and has proven beyond a doubt what a total idiot he truly is. He should be exiled to Arizona.

I'm thinking this is a Drew Rosenhaus move - he did the same thing with T.O......act like a big jerk until the team is forced to trade you.

I'm thinking this is a Drew Rosenhaus move - he did the same thing with T.O......act like a big jerk until the team is forced to trade you.

Agreed. It's really a shame since the Gints front office has had a workable relationship with Rosenhaus for years, and then he goes and pulls this crap. That sumbitch sure knows what bs to feed his clients to get them brainwashed. I really thought Shockey would have too much honor for this shite. This is starting to get into T.O. stupidity levels. I've really lost any respect I had for him. Fortunately, being SB Champs softens the blows :)

Agreed. It's really a shame since the Gints front office has had a workable relationship with Rosenhaus for years, and then he goes and pulls this crap. That sumbitch sure knows what bs to feed his clients to get them brainwashed. I really thought Shockey would have too much honor for this shite. This is starting to get into T.O. stupidity levels. I've really lost any respect I had for him. Fortunately, being SB Champs softens the blows :)

Part of me still hopes Shockey will come around. Fortunately, in a worst case scenario - Shockey holding out for a trade - at least we won't have questions as to whether the Giants can succeed without him.

I like it how people blame Shockey for all this when he has never came out and said he wants to be traded. In fact, he has come out and said he is extremely upset and want to get to the buttom of this and find the person who started these rumors.

I like it how people blame Shockey for all this when he has never came out and said he wants to be traded. In fact, he has come out and said he is extremely upset and want to get to the buttom of this and find the person who started these rumors.

He never denied any of the rumors. The rumors surfaced he was unhappy and then months go by and Shock says nothing. The truth is, Shock & Drew went out of their way to not address the rumors. That right there in effect confirms the rumors. You have his QB, GM & coaches saying they want him back. nothing. He could have come out like Plax, and said he wants to be a Giant, blah blah blah. He didn't. Instead he blasts the organization. Nice. Then he decides to not hang with the other injured players during minicamp. The same players he is supposedly so concerned about. You honestly can't tell me you don't think Rosenhaus let it leak that he wants a trade. Trade = new contract = more $ for Jeremy & Drew. It's the organizations goal to win a SB. They have to do what's best for the team. How is this all a media fabrication?

I understand your argument. But if life were a game of Monopoly, and perfection was Boardwalk, Shockey's still on Baltic Avenue.

Yeah..........right. :unsure:

He never denied any of the rumors. The rumors surfaced he was unhappy and then months go by and Shock says nothing. The truth is, Shock & Drew went out of their way to not address the rumors. That right there in effect confirms the rumors. You have his QB, GM & coaches saying they want him back. nothing. He could have come out like Plax, and said he wants to be a Giant, blah blah blah. He didn't. Instead he blasts the organization. Nice. Then he decides to not hang with the other injured players during minicamp. The same players he is supposedly so concerned about. You honestly can't tell me you don't think Rosenhaus let it leak that he wants a trade. Trade = new contract = more $ for Jeremy & Drew. It's the organizations goal to win a SB. They have to do what's best for the team. How is this all a media fabrication?

Haters. You make it sound so cut and dry. Shockey said he was going to keep things between him and the Giants. Take it how you wanna. If Shockey is a Giant this coming year, let me know how it pans out.

It was organization who leaked the rumor. That's why Shockey is pissed... I just find it hard to belive that Shockey, who normaly shoots from the hip, would not come out a say he wants to be traded. I think what really happened, the Giants wanted to trade Shockey (because they know they don't know how to use the position) but didn't want to make it seem like they wanted to trade Shockey in case if they didn't get an offer what they thought to be equal value. (Which they didn't). They leaked the rumor to spark interests from other teams (Which it did). But it back-fire on them. Not only didn't trade Shockey. But now Shockey is pissed and probably knows who spread the rumor. ( Reese).

It was organization who leaked the rumor. That's why Shockey is pissed... I just find it hard to belive that Shockey, who normaly shoots from the hip, would not come out a say he wants to be traded. I think what really happened, the Giants wanted to trade Shockey (because they know they don't know how to use the position) but didn't want to make it seem like they wanted to trade Shockey in case if they didn't get an offer what they thought to be equal value. (Which they didn't). They leaked the rumor to spark interests from other teams (Which it did). But it back-fire on them. Not only didn't trade Shockey. But now Shockey is pissed and probably knows who spread the rumor. ( Reese).

Come on now Nem. Please stop with the "he's not being used correctly" mumbo jumbo. He had more passes thrown his way last year except for only 6 or 7 other TEs in the league. And that was only because he was injured! He's a TE. What is his job except blocking and getting the ball thrown to him as often as it is? How many balls do you honestly expect him to catch when you have a superior receiver in Plax & Toomer on the team? We have the best RB trio in the league as well. You have to run the ball to win games in January. Explain to me exactly how he is being misused. Not once has a Shockey apologist anywhere explained this. It's a farce like Santa Claus.

Next, you have zero proof the Giants leaked the rumor. The Shockey is unhappy crap came out before the trade rumors started. Right then and there, Shock needed to step the fuck up, say he wants to be a Giant for life. Why didn't he do that? You can't get mad at the Giants for attempting to trade him. He's not a main cog in the machine, so like it or not, he's expendable and IF a good offer came along, you pull the trigger. The rumors were swirling of Shock's unhappiness, and then trade offers came. You can't fault the Giants for taking offers. This is a business, and like I said earlier, they're in it to win it. Shock don't want to be on a team that will be a perennial SB contender for the next decade? Fine. Hold out & get put on the Did Not Report list.

Come on now Nem. Please stop with the "he's not being used correctly" mumbo jumbo. He had more passes thrown his way last year except for only 6 or 7 other TEs in the league. And that was only because he was injured! He's a TE. What is his job except blocking and getting the ball thrown to him as often as it is? How many balls do you honestly expect him to catch when you have a superior receiver in Plax & Toomer on the team? We have the best RB trio in the league as well. You have to run the ball to win games in January. Explain to me exactly how he is being misused. Not once has a Shockey apologist anywhere explained this. It's a farce like Santa Claus.

Echo, it's not about how many time Shockey gets the balls. It's the type of parterns or routes that Shockey runs. Come on, lets face it. Tom Coughlin offensive scheme has a history underusing the TE. It's one of the reasons why Mitchelle left the Jags. Hell, when Gilbrite was the HC of the Chargers, he was basically asked by reporters if he knew it was legal for the TE and RB to catch a pass. (But to be fair, he's TE sucked back then) And now you're going to tell me it's Jeremy Shockey and not the coaches. OK.

Now, I'm not saying Shockey should run go route everytime..But damn, mix it up a little bit.

Next, you have zero proof the Giants leaked the rumor. The Shockey is unhappy crap came out before the trade rumors started. Right then and there, Shock needed to step the fuck up, say he wants to be a Giant for life. Why didn't he do that? You can't get mad at the Giants for attempting to trade him. He's not a main cog in the machine, so like it or not, he's expendable and IF a good offer came along, you pull the trigger. The rumors were swirling of Shock's unhappiness, and then trade offers came. You can't fault the Giants for taking offers. This is a business, and like I said earlier, they're in it to win it. Shock don't want to be on a team that will be a perennial SB contender for the next decade? Fine. Hold out & get put on the Did Not Report list.

And you have zero proof that is was Shockey and his agent that leaked the rumor also. the point is...Some one leaked the rumor and now Shockey is pissed.

There's the right way and there's the wrong way to go about getting a new contract. Shockey totally blew it and has proven beyond a doubt what a total idiot he truly is. He should be exiled to Arizona.

I really dont think this is about a new contract. I think in the end we are gonna find out he was pissed that Reese wanted to trade him. I'm not a betting man, but I'd put Money on that.

Any percieved unhappiness on Shockey's part diminishes his trade value. The Giants WOULD NOT go out of their way to make it seem like Shockey wants out at all costs. if the giants were just trying to rid themselves of Shockey, we would have traded him to the Saints for their second round pick (a pretty reasonable offer) and be done with it. We would have done that and this entire circus would not be happening.

We're the defending champs and we're currently being laughed at along with the Bengals and dolphins.

I really dont think this is about a new contract. I think in the end we are gonna find out he was pissed that Reese wanted to trade him. I'm not a betting man, but I'd put Money on that.

I'm not sure of the exact specifics, you can find them on BBI, but, in essence, Shock has a 1 year deal right now and he's losing incentives ($300,000 per year I believe) due to production he can't possibly hit. There is no guaranteed $ left after this year from how it sounds. And hey, i have no problem with him getting paid. Whatever he gets, good for him. I also believe there is some resentment from Shock towards Reese regarding a trade, but I think that is a byproduct of Shocks contract dispute and that is why I'm knocking Shockey on this.

Nem: I honestly don't know what other routes you could have Shock run. They do send him downfield, they give him short routes, stuff over the middle..... You don't see the WR stuff like in Fassel's offense, but like I said, we have Plax & Amani (& now Smith & Manningham) so there is no need. if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Actually, I really don't see a difference in the way he is used compared to Bavaro back in the day. Same block first mentality, similar routes.... Bavaro simply executed better. Execution is the key, and I don't see Shock doing it on a super consistent basis. Anyhoo, I still want him back in the same capacity as last year. He is a more complete TE in this O. In a pass happy O, his awesome blocking is wasted, and that team will never win anything. D & the running game win championships.

Explain?

The whole Shockey situation is a joke. You think the Cowboys and Eagles fans aren't getting a kick out of this? How a key player on the super bowl winner is playing kids games by "showing up" to camp but not even leaving the building?

The whole fucking thing is a joke and both sides are acting like kids.

The whole Shockey situation is a joke. You think the Cowboys and Eagles fans aren't getting a kick out of this? How a key player on the super bowl winner is playing kids games by "showing up" to camp but not even leaving the building?

The whole fucking thing is a joke and both sides are acting like kids.

honestly, after a SB win against the pats I could fucking care less what Eagle/cowboys fans think. If an Eagles/cowboy fan said to me, "What an asshole that Shockey is, etc..." all I could say is, Your team is A. in shambles, and has a suspect QB who cant stay on the field so Id be worried about that before Id be worriedabout Shockey, or B. Funny, 2 regular season wins against us, talked shit all week about how we werent good enough to keep up with you guys, and than you had to watch us beat GB in Green Bay, than watch us destroy the best team ever in the Super Bowl. Mmmmmm, thats gotta taste good." So like I said, I could fucking care less what they think. :)

honestly, after a SB win against the pats I could fucking care less what Eagle/cowboys fans think. If an Eagles/cowboy fan said to me, "What an asshole that Shockey is, etc..." all I could say is, Your team is A. in shambles, and has a suspect QB who cant stay on the field so Id be worried about that before Id be worriedabout Shockey, or B. Funny, 2 regular season wins against us, talked shit all week about how we werent good enough to keep up with you guys, and than you had to watch us beat GB in Green Bay, than watch us destroy the best team ever in the Super Bowl. Mmmmmm, thats gotta taste good." So like I said, I could fucking care less what they think. :)

Thats easy to say, but when i turn on espn or go to a sports website, frankly, I'm sick of seeing the lastest Shockey news.

If you're gonna trade him, trade him. If not, sit down together and figure out how to make this work. Don't drag this shit all through summer.

Not aAnti or Pro Shockey...but I love your response to the hypothetical Broke Back fans out there. LOL. :P

Nice to see the thread still going strong with good arguments for both sides. I still haven't seen anything to convince me that Shockey is the villain here. I agree with Virginia Giant that the whole situation is a joke that needs to be resolved. Giants & Shockey need each other, that is a fact. They can't replace him and he will not be a better tight end elsewhere and win another super bowl.

The whole idea that the team was better without Shockey was drummed up by the media. They created the story and have run with it for the last 6 months. The Giants trying to trade Shockey sure didn't help it and Shockey not speaking up sooner sure didn't help. You read what Phil Simms had said about the situation and you get an idea of what Shockey is feeling. You see what the organization tried to do this spring and you can understand that as well. Now is the time for reconciliation.

Second round pick for Shockey would have been ridiculously cheap, ask Oakland. I do believe Shockey did ask to get moved simply because when you hear about how well your team has done without you, it definitely gets to you as a competitor. Which is why we sit here and talk about what they do and complain about how much they make; we can't do what they do and they get paid that money to perform at the highest level. If it was all about the chicks and money they'd be actors. Its a sport and it is all about the competition with each other to be the best there ever was. Only thing most of us understand is the perks and the paycheck.

Nice to see the thread still going strong with good arguments for both sides. I still haven't seen anything to convince me that Shockey is the villain here. I agree with Virginia Giant that the whole situation is a joke that needs to be resolved. Giants & Shockey need each other, that is a fact. They can't replace him and he will not be a better tight end elsewhere and win another super bowl.

The whole idea that the team was better without Shockey was drummed up by the media. They created the story and have run with it for the last 6 months. The Giants trying to trade Shockey sure didn't help it and Shockey not speaking up sooner sure didn't help. You read what Phil Simms had said about the situation and you get an idea of what Shockey is feeling. You see what the organization tried to do this spring and you can understand that as well. Now is the time for reconciliation.

Second round pick for Shockey would have been ridiculously cheap, ask Oakland. I do believe Shockey did ask to get moved simply because when you hear about how well your team has done without you, it definitely gets to you as a competitor. Which is why we sit here and talk about what they do and complain about how much they make; we can't do what they do and they get paid that money to perform at the highest level. If it was all about the chicks and money they'd be actors. Its a sport and it is all about the competition with each other to be the best there ever was. Only thing most of us understand is the perks and the paycheck.

Well said Tempest. You mention Phil Simms as an example. But I would like to bring up another Giants QB who till this day, is still bitter because the Giants wouldn't let him suit up for SB XXI. Jeff Hostetler....