SportsWrath

Shockey and Reese Exchange Words

Storm

hah the part you didnt bold really shows that hes an asshole huh

No, the part in bold shows he wasn't planning on going in the first place, which is contrary to what he's claiming now, isn't it? You have to accept that what he claimed back in January is false or what he claims now is false; all I have to do is think that his excuses for not going were false, and that he's lying now. I can do that while being consistant, can you?

Please make up your minds, did he not want to go so he wasn't a distraction (Look at the date, and think about how the last couple of days before the SB were a game of "Where's Shockey?"), or did he want to go and those mean Giants officials keep him locked in a luxury box (which, if you noticed, kept him out of the way of crowds, which was one of the things he was supposedly worried about.)

I believe that Shockey gave this team an ultimatim and the worst case scenario happened to him; and that he's too stubborn/stupid/egotistical to realize he is not the integral superstar he thinks he is. A pity, you guys had me convinced using a two tight-end system with him and Boss would be pretty great. But to believe what I believe, all I have to do is believe one person is full of shit.

To believe what you guys are saying in his defense, I have to believe the press is out to get Shockey; that his own agent is stirring things up against his wishes; that Reese really wants to be rid of a pro-bowler for no reason, while manufacturing damaging rumors without solidifying a trade; that it's normal for teammates and coaches to say that they "hope" another player wants to come back--all while making excuses for Shockey missing the victory parade/celebration, the White House visit, and the ring ceremony.

Occam's Razor is on my side.

EagleEye, if that's true about unnamed sources, Nixon would have served two full terms.

Well said Fish. Personaly im done with the guy. I hope there is a trade soon. Its more than obvious that he is a huge distraction to the team at this point. Thats the last thing we need.

After hearing all the info on this ( and I'm sure there is a lot more on this issue) its

so clear that since day 1 Shockey had issues. First year as a rookie in training camp he had

a physical fight with one of the players ( i forgot who) but since that time he has been fighting

it seems like with the whole giant environment. Shockey has always been a "maverick" and

last year was a blow to him not being able to play in the S-bowl but this blow up with

Reese I think might be a lot of vented frustration of bigger proportions.

Its difficult to come up with a valid opinion with the way biased information

comes out. I'm not sure what to believe but Shockey has always been a little

too up front with his opinions. When you factor in his working out in Miami

every year (which I never thought a good thing) and his mouthing off I guess the whole

Shockey package has been very volatile since the beginning. It does seem like

his feeling were hurt by being left out of the S-bowl and his ego doesnt like it at all.

After all he's Shockey and the "maverick"type has the big ego.

What holds Shockey back is himself not the offensive scheme.

I dont hear other TE's around the league bitching and moaning

the way shockey does. Gonzales, Cooley, Whitten I dont

hear there names come up very often in the media. Maybe

I just missed it.

Still the information is hard to make out as to if I want Shockey

a Giant but the potential has always been there but never

100% over the top for Shockey. Something always seems to

get in the way. It seems like himself. A guy that wants to stick out

of the crowd.

Someone should remind him its a team sport.

Just watch the DVD playoff and S-bowl highlites.

I have a feeling he hasnt watched it yet!

Well said Fish and Martin. Shockey needs to shape up... just like Plax did before his latest fuck up.. holding out. I think we as fans are still holding on to see the real Shockey finally show up... We're basing our opinions on potential rather than actual acheivements.

The way I see it, the Giants FO should hold their ground with BOTH players... Shocky and Plax need to be loyal the Giants.. and prove it day in and day out. If not I'm sure the money we'll save from both of them can land even better players with a zest of blue collar work ethic in them.

I'd have loved to have been within earshot of that arguement between Reese & Shockey.

Honestly the way rumours are used as a foundation for wild speculation regarding Shockey I have to doubt if there was an argument at all. Who witnessed this? No one is mentioned as a source, just like all the other bulshit we've heard lately, going back as far as 'Osi is holding out because Tuck got paid more'.

DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Thursday, January 31st 2008, 4:49 PM

It looks like TE Jeremy Shockey will not be joining the Giants at the Super Bowl, after all. His teammates have pleaded with him, and he even received personal invites from TEs coach Mike Pope and several others in the organization. But in the end, he apparently was worried about wandering through the crowds on crutches. He also didn't want to be a distraction.

Asked how he's handling not being at the Super Bowl with his team, Pope said Shockey "is devastated."

Shockey, by the way, sent an inspirational message to his teammates, which is now hanging on their locker room wall

thats from january 31st right. and its ralph v saying shockey isnt planning on going

Ex-NY Giant Phil Simms feels Jeremy Shockey's pain

by Paul Needell/The Star-Ledger Monday January 28, 2008, 6:00 AM

Better than anyone, Phil Simms understands the bittersweet emotions that must be eating away at NY Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey. Season-ending injuries in Week 15 of Super Bowl campaigns can be difficult -- and humbling -- for stars to watch.

In 1990, it was Simms who broke his foot in Week 15 against the Bills. After leading the Giants to an 11-3 record, Simms had to hand the reins over to QB Jeff Hostetler for the run to the Super Bowl XXV championship.

"It doesn't get any worse, no matter what anybody says," Simms said the other night from his home in Franklin Lakes. "Even though I played all that year until the 14th game, it doesn't matter. When it's all said and done, people don't care. It's like you were never part of it. That's just the reality of it."

Shockey fractured his left fibula in the Dec. 16 loss to the Redskins. He has been away from the team during its playoff journey to Super Bowl XLII, recuperating from his surgery in Miami. Shockey plans to take his mother to the game, according to the Giants, but they don't know when he will arrive in Arizona.

"Things march on," Simms said. "Yes, I do understand. I don't know what to tell him. Just endure. You know in your heart what you've done and how hard you've worked, and that's all you can do."

The more passionate a player, the more conflicted he can be. Simms and Shockey, fiery competitors and prominent faces of the organization, listen to people question their value to the team.

Simms, who was on crutches on the sideline in Tampa but went back to the Giants' hotel at halftime, lost his job to Hostetler in '91. Some have wondered if the Giants might be better off trading Shockey. It comes with the territory.

"The more you care, the more it hurts," Simms said. "Professional football, it's really a game of adversity. Sometimes extreme adversity. I know it's easy to say, but (injuries are) a part of it. You just have to know in your heart, even though people won't acknowledge it, what you've done and how hard you worked for it."

Easier said than done?

"I'll just say this: You can't be bitter," Simms said. "That'll just take all the energy you can muster up away. I understand and relate to Jeremy Shockey."

A pause. And then this advice from Simms: "To Shockey, I'd say, 'Go to the game. Hold your head high. Smile, enjoy it and really root your teammates on,' Because you know what? If you win, you get those rings, and they'll give one to you, and nobody's gonna know the difference.

"You had your day -- 'Jeremy Shockey, you were a great Giant,' and on and on. That's all I can say."

now that article is from jan 28th and says that according to the giants that shockey plans on taking his mother.

thats from january 31st right. and its ralph v saying shockey isnt planning on going

now that article is from jan 28th and says that according to the giants that shockey plans on taking his mother.

Was his mother there? Was Shockey planning on putting her on the sidelines? If you believe the Giants were spreading rumors now, what makes you think they were telling the truth then? Again, even if this is true, why is it so hard to understand wanting Shockey in the luxury box with his mother?

Also note in the 1/31 article the use of "after all" in the first sentence. Indicates either a) a change in plans and the Giants not knowing that things have changed when the information was released, or b) the Giants released that in an attempt to counter the controversy before the game.

I'm still not seeing any inconsistency in thinking what I'm thinking. And I definitely don't see any great injustice to Shockey.

Honestly the way rumours are used as a foundation for wild speculation regarding Shockey I have to doubt if there was an argument at all. Who witnessed this? No one is mentioned as a source, just like all the other bulshit we've heard lately, going back as far as 'Osi is holding out because Tuck got paid more'.

But Osi is bugged by his contract, and has stated so publicly...so how is it bullshit? Because he took a higher road? Obviously, if he decided against holding out, he did have to consider it.

Link.

When I was at Giants stadium a few years back, I had a screaming match with Pat Hanlon. The cheese plate wasn't up to scratch, so Hanlon brought be down some processed cellophane wrapped cheese food. He told me to eat it or become a Jets fan. So I ate it. But I wasn't happy so I made up a story that the Giants told me to go sit in the press box upstairs and they'd bring me some beer and chips, then they locked the door to the box. It got very hot in there but I could not take me jacket off because there was no hook to hang it on. So I was very uncomfortable and my feelings were hurt. I called Michael Eisen about it the next day and he said he'd report it on Giants.com as quickly as he could and true to his word, the piece is due out in July 2012. :TU:

Oh yes, I mentioned to Eisen to include the part about me wanting less blocking in the future to prolong my career.

When I was at Giants stadium a few years back, I had a screaming match with Pat Hanlon. The cheese plate wasn't up to scratch, so Hanlon brought be down some processed cellophane wrapped cheese food. He told me to eat it or become a Jets fan. So I ate it. But I wasn't happy so I made up a story that the Giants told me to go sit in the press box upstairs and they'd bring me some beer and chips, then they locked the door to the box. It got very hot in there but I could not take me jacket off because there was no hook to hang it on. So I was very uncomfortable and my feelings were hurt. I called Michael Eisen about it the next day and he said he'd report it on Giants.com as quickly as he could and true to his word, the piece is due out in July 2012. :TU:

Oh yes, I mentioned to Eisen to include the part about me wanting less blocking in the future to prolong my career.

American Processed Cheese Food: Its better than being a Jets fan.

I like it! :TU:

Shouting Match

Jeremy Shockey and Giants general manager Jerry Reese got into a huge shouting match during the tight end's "visit" to minicamp, which concluded today at Giants Stadium.

This goes with the theory Shockey helped develop last Saturday that his problems with the Giants are not involved with football but with off-the-field issues.

Shockey said last week he was upset the Giants did not allow him to stay on the field during Super Bowl XLII and instead sent him up to coowner Steve Tisch's luxury box. He also blamed the Giants for spreading the rumors that he was upset and wanted a trade.

TRUE BLUE

Vinny DiTrani shares the real and hard-hitting stories about your New York Giants.

Read "True Blue"

It's a good bet these were two of the elements brought up in the argument.

Even coach Tom Coughlin admitted Friday he hasn't seen any progress in Shockey's mental state over the past three days. "There is an issue, but it is not something that would prevent him from working," Coughlin added.

Meanwhile agent Drew Rosenhaus showed up at Giants Stadium on Friday apparently to speak with one of his clients, Plaxico Burress. Reese said he did not have any plans to meet with Rosenhaus.

"I’m just here to visit with my clients as they wrap up minicamp, to see the guys," Rosenhaus said. "That was my purpose for being here."

As far as mending the apparently shattered relationship between Shockey and the Giants front office, he said, "It’s an issue that we’re working on, that we’re talking to the team with. We’re just going to have to take it one day at a time."

When asked if Shockey wants to remain with the Giants, Rosenhaus said: "I don’t specifically have a way to address that at this time because Jeremy’s been very adamant about avoiding any public discussion about a situation.

"The best thing I can say about Jeremy’s situation is that we are talking to the team about some of the issues that exist and we hope to get that resolved."

I found this on one of the saints baords. scroll down to the right. lol check out the look on this kids face when shockey tells him who he wished would have drafted him.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football..._from_here.html :LMAO:

EagleEye, if that's true about unnamed sources, Nixon would have served two full terms.

WTF does Nixon have todo with football? :confused: Give me a break.

Was his mother there? Was Shockey planning on putting her on the sidelines? If you believe the Giants were spreading rumors now, what makes you think they were telling the truth then? Again, even if this is true, why is it so hard to understand wanting Shockey in the luxury box with his mother?

Also note in the 1/31 article the use of "after all" in the first sentence. Indicates either a) a change in plans and the Giants not knowing that things have changed when the information was released, or b) the Giants released that in an attempt to counter the controversy before the game.

I'm still not seeing any inconsistency in thinking what I'm thinking. And I definitely don't see any great injustice to Shockey.

You dont think its shitty that they didnt call him after his surgeory to see how it went? Look, Im not saying Shockeyis an angel, but he deserves atleast a phone call. And if you think any football player would put his mother on the sidelines your just stupid. I think your hatred for the Shock is your only credibility in this whole, "I'm still not seeing any inconsistency ......" The guy is a solid player and we are better with him, like it or not. one catch in the superbowl doesnt make upfor what Shockey does for us all season. No defensive team will look at Boss as a threat like Shock, just yet. So can we just bring the guy back and see what happens this year?

yeah but no one is denying this

WTF does Nixon have todo with football? :confused: Give me a break.

Woodward and Bernstein broke the Watergate Scandal BASED ON AN UNNAMED SOURCE. That's the connection.

You dont think its shitty that they didnt call him after his surgeory to see how it went? Look, Im not saying Shockeyis an angel, but he deserves atleast a phone call.

They didn't call, they didn't write...what's a probowl tight end supposed to think?

Where did you get this information, anyway? I find it hard to believe that someone from the Giants wasn't in contact with him even if for no other reason than they have an investment in his health. From what I've read in multiple articles over the last few months, plenty of players and coaches have been in contact with him.

Be forewarned: if you link to an article based on an unnamed source, I will be forced to taunt you. :P

And if you think any football player would put his mother on the sidelines your just stupid. I think your hatred for the Shock is your only credibility in this whole, "I'm still not seeing any inconsistency ......"

Calling someone stupid works a whole lot better when you use the right form of "you're."

And of course I don't think that a football player would put his mom on the sideline--its a rhetorical question. But if you are planning to bring your mom to the game, why bitch when the team sets you up in a luxury box? That was the point of the rhetorical question.

For the record, I don't hide my dislike of the guy--but I don't think I could work up a good hate for him. Way more effort than I'm willing to spend on someone I don't know. I think he's extremely over-rated by Giants fans (although I still consider him one of the better tight ends in the league), and he's a moron off the field. But I haven't mentioned ANYTHING about his playing ability one way or the other in this thread, except that you guys had me convinced that using two tight ends with him and Boss would have been a good set up. And still I get this grief. :rolleyes:

The guy is a solid player and we are better with him, like it or not. one catch in the superbowl doesnt make upfor what Shockey does for us all season. No defensive team will look at Boss as a threat like Shock, just yet. So can we just bring the guy back and see what happens this year?

You're just not getting it. I'm not comparing Boss and Shockey at all. I haven't said that last season proved we were better without him, or even speculated that trading him would be a good thing. As usual, if I disagree with the Shockey man-love (even with logic), I must have a dartboard in my house with Shockey's picture on it, and belong to some evil anti-Shockey cabal.

But to my eyes, it's getting very apparent that he no longer wants to be here. I'm basing it on information we're all reading--if that information is false, then I will be mistaken, and will admit it.

Woodward and Bernstein broke the Watergate Scandal BASED ON AN UNNAMED SOURCE. That's the connection.

Yeah, thats great.

They didn't call, they didn't write...what's a probowl tight end supposed to think?

Where did you get this information, anyway? I find it hard to believe that someone from the Giants wasn't in contact with him even if for no other reason than they have an investment in his health. From what I've read in multiple articles over the last few months, plenty of players and coaches have been in contact with him.

Be forewarned: if you link to an article based on an unnamed source, I will be forced to taunt you. :P

From the horses mouth. Read the article where shockey broke his silence.

Calling someone stupid works a whole lot better when you use the right form of "you're."

And of course I don't think that a football player would put his mom on the sideline--its a rhetorical question. But if you are planning to bring your mom to the game, why bitch when the team sets you up in a luxury box? That was the point of the rhetorical question.

For the record, I don't hide my dislike of the guy--but I don't think I could work up a good hate for him. Way more effort than I'm willing to spend on someone I don't know. I think he's extremely over-rated by Giants fans (although I still consider him one of the better tight ends in the league), and he's a moron off the field. But I haven't mentioned ANYTHING about his playing ability one way or the other in this thread, except that you guys had me convinced that using two tight ends with him and Boss would have been a good set up. And still I get this grief. :rolleyes:

You're just not getting it. I'm not comparing Boss and Shockey at all. I haven't said that last season proved we were better without him, or even speculated that trading him would be a good thing. As usual, if I disagree with the Shockey man-love (even with logic), I must have a dartboard in my house with Shockey's picture on it, and belong to some evil anti-Shockey cabal.

But to my eyes, it's getting very apparent that he no longer wants to be here. I'm basing it on information we're all reading--if that information is false, then I will be mistaken, and will admit it.

The boy is unhappy !

Shit, he makes millions playing football.

He's banging tons of hot chicks.

He plays for the world champions

in New York.

What the fuck is his problem????? :confused:

No one loves him anymore, his feelings got hurt!!!

Please give me a break about this guy.

He took his ball and went home.

Id give my right nut to have his opportunity!!!

Let him play for the saints, stupid bastid. :o

Yeah, what's up with the New Orleans Saints' reference? This asshole just really wants out, doesn't he?

"Oh yeah, if I ever got traded, the team that traded me had better watch out, because I'd really make them pay."

Yeah... unless he was on injured reserve, having TD passes bounce off his hands, or crying that a WR was catching more passes than him.

Go ahead, Jeremy. Go play for the new Orleans Saints and their whopping zero championships, overrated running back and HC that flopped here in NYC as a coordinator. We'll be defending our Super Bowl title.

Yeah, what's up with the New Orleans Saints' reference? This asshole just really wants out, doesn't he?

"Oh yeah, if I ever got traded, the team that traded me had better watch out, because I'd really make them pay."

Yeah... unless he was on injured reserve, having TD passes bounce off his hands, or crying that a WR was catching more passes than him.

Go ahead, Jeremy. Go play for the new Orleans Saints and their whopping zero championships, overrated running back and HC that flopped here in NYC as a coordinator. We'll be defending our Super Bowl title.

Was that just this summer? :o

The kids expression is priceless though, he seemed to want to point and laugh.

No one's denied any of it, no one's talked. That's my whole point.

You don't think Hanlon would have come out and said the whole thing was BS if it was in fact BS? Shockey has come off like a spoiled chick having a tantrum. Players are saying he needs a "hug"!?!?

why not just come out and say he needs to change his tampon? The bottom line is this guy is as good as gone IMO and I'll be glad to see his bitch ass out the door.

Geez this place is worse than an issue of Hello magazine.

He wants a little loyalty and than half the people on here want him out, with no chance to see how he comes into the next season. Theres no loyalty there. So what he says some stupid shit sometimes, when you all reach perfection you let me know. And if any of you can say you didnt wanna see him get the ball more I think your full of it. The past two years every time Giant conversation comes up with fans getting him the ball more was an issue. I dont think it would be that much more different around this board. Its funny how everyone talking about Shockey throwing his hands up after a bad pass, but nooes mention that about Burress. Because he was the first to do it. Only someone with no football sense would have traded him this year, without seeing how it pans out. Shocckey does need to getthe ball. Everytime Ive been to Giants Stadium the past 5 years it never got louder than when Shockey got the ball. And thats a fact.

He wants a little loyalty and than half the people on here want him out, with no chance to see how he comes into the next season. Theres no loyalty there. So what he says some stupid shit sometimes, when you all reach perfection you let me know. And if any of you can say you didnt wanna see him get the ball more I think your full of it. The past two years every time Giant conversation comes up with fans getting him the ball more was an issue. I dont think it would be that much more different around this board. Its funny how everyone talking about Shockey throwing his hands up after a bad pass, but nooes mention that about Burress. Because he was the first to do it. Only someone with no football sense would have traded him this year, without seeing how it pans out. Shocckey does need to getthe ball. Everytime Ive been to Giants Stadium the past 5 years it never got louder than when Shockey got the ball. And thats a fact.

Now there's some tremendous reasoning. The fans got loudest when Shockey caught a pass, therefore he is indispensible.

The fans gotta really loud whenever Tiki Barber made a big play. The team will never recover from his departure.