SportsWrath

Giants sign David Carr and Danny Clark

jranieli

I was aware we had signed Carr, but had no idea we had signed Clark too. I'd like to see a better source for the Clark signing than a post from a blog that gives no details....not even for how long. It would seem to me that he would've had to at least go through a physical first, but that could be part of the deal.

Either way, I'm glad to see the Giants shoring up some holes with some vets. I think the Carr signing has some interesting implications. I don't see Eli going anywhere in his lifetime other than the Giants, but it's always possible that he could get hurt.

Carr is a better option than what we have now. And I read recently that a BIG reason why he wasn't played at the end of the season was Fox knew the Panthers crowd would have chewed him alive so the fact an UDFA beat him isn't as important as it may seem.

I know nothing about Clark.

Before we jump all over Carr, remember that we signed a guy named Kerry Collins who was a "quitter," an "alcoholic" and a "racist," and that worked out pretty good for us.

Give the guy a chance, he might be an OK backup.

Before we jump all over Carr, remember that we signed a guy named Kerry Collins who was a "quitter," an "alcoholic" and a "racist," and that worked out pretty good for us.

:confused:

Everyone that posted so far has been okay with the move.

:confused:

Everyone that posted so far has been okay with the move.

Well I think that the guys the Giants have signed so far are not earth shattering moves that will make or break a team. With the exception of Knight, the others Carr and Clark are backups with NFL experience. He'll (Clark that is) be fighting for a starting position with Tank Daniels and probably at least one drafted player and a couple of undrafted guys fighting to make the roster. Besides...Spags defensive scheme isn't built around linebackers the way some defenses are.....which is one of the reasons K-Mitchell seemed like a pro-bowler at times when he was simply a solid football player.

As far as Carr goes....it'll make Spring training interesting to see how he works out with the boys. I hope he makes it and gets his confidence and mojo back. He might be part of the Giants' for the remainder of his career if he can turn it all around.

As far as Carr goes....it'll make Spring training interesting to see how he works out with the boys. I hope he makes it and gets his confidence and mojo back. He might be part of the Giants' for the remainder of his career if he can turn it all around.

And if he doesn't the experiment is over in one year with no financial burden.

I still hope he never gets that chance.

Well I think that the guys the Giants have signed so far are not earth shattering moves that will make or break a team. With the exception of Knight, the others Carr and Clark are backups with NFL experience. He'll (Clark that is) be fighting for a starting position with Tank Daniels and probably at least one drafted player and a couple of undrafted guys fighting to make the roster. Besides...Spags defensive scheme isn't built around linebackers the way some defenses are.....which is one of the reasons K-Mitchell seemed like a pro-bowler at times when he was simply a solid football player.

Who? Did we sign someone else too?

Who? Did we sign someone else too?

Tank was signed by the Giants at the beginning of last season and assigned to the practice squad. However, he was brought up later as Torbor's backup and played in four games registering one tackle.

Daniels might have some real potential, but it's hard to tell when he's rarely on the field. He was picked up by the Eagles after going undrafted two years ago and was on their practice squad. He was brought up to fill in during the 2006 season and played pretty well for them in 6 games.

He's was the only Giants linebacker specifically groomed for strong side as was Torbor. Clark is also a lifelong strongside linebacker so it's those two guys to man the position until someone better takes it away from them.

Are you serious? The Handley era followed by the Dave Brown era followed by the Kannell era included?

Except for Handley's short term, the teams were bad, especially the O lines we had then. I really wasn't expecting much. But in the Fassel and Collins run, we should have done a lot better.

All of Collin's lead wasn't in his feet. He had his fair share between his ears, too. :)

Except for Handley's short term,

shhhhhhhh. we do not use the "H" word in my household!!!!!!!!!!!

The day Kerry threw 5 TD passes against the Vikes to win the NFC was a fine day indeed. N o need to belittle that either.

Kerry had his good days and his bad days. His career was crashing until he became a Giant. I'm not ashamed he was our QB. We got to a Super Bowl with him, something that would NOT have happened with Brown, Kannel, or Graham. In someways you can say being a Giant saved his life. He would have most likely killed himself in a drunken stupor had he not turned his life around in NY. Maybe I'm a little biased because he's from Lebanon, PA.

How could you not be okay with this move? Our backups are mediocre at best. Now, we have a guy that was obviously highly touted when he came into the league, has game experience, but kind of got a raw deal. He is obviously talented and can come in and at least hold us over if Eli gets hurt...meaning, if Eli were to go down, the season can be salvaged. Props for finally signing a quality backup QB.

Kerry had his good days and his bad days. His career was crashing until he became a Giant. I'm not ashamed he was our QB. We got to a Super Bowl with him, something that would NOT have happened with Brown, Kannel, or Graham. In someways you can say being a Giant saved his life. He would have most likely killed himself in a drunken stupor had he not turned his life around in NY. Maybe I'm a little biased because he's from Lebanon, PA.

...okay, being a racist alcoholic doesn't mean he was going to kill himself, Mr. Over-the-top.