SportsWrath

Giants sign David Carr and Danny Clark

jranieli

Fassel and Collins, the worst 5 yrs I had as a Giant fan since the 70's.

Any coach and player that were a part of something like the 2000 NFC Champ. game(I was there) and really that season overall, cannot be reagarded as "the worst 5 years as a Giant fan" for anyone. Definatley not the most successful, but absolutley not the worst. And you say since the 70's....after that and Ray Handley, ANYTHING should be great!

...okay, being a racist alcoholic doesn't mean he was going to kill himself, Mr. Over-the-top.

I don't think using the 'n' word in a drunken stupor is grounds to be labeled a racist. Many of us have said similar things sober and don't consider ourselves racist. It does mean he was being a drunken idiot, though.

This move is fine. Under the worst case scenario he has to come in and hold down the fort and manage the game. In all honesty he is better than Wright and the Fat kid. Bes case scenario after the last week of August we never see him again, excepy for on the sidelines with a clipboard and a headset.

This move is fine. Under the worst case scenario he has to come in and hold down the fort and manage the game. In all honesty he is better than Wright and the Fat kid. Bes case scenario after the last week of August we never see him again, excepy for on the sidelines with a clipboard and a headset.

I agree. IMO, Wright isnt as bad as some say, but Carr is most definatley an upgrade. And who knows what he could do with an Oline. But Eli is tough as nails, I dont see him gettin hurt very easily.

I don't think using the 'n' word in a drunken stupor is grounds to be labeled a racist. Many of us have said similar things sober and don't consider ourselves racist. It does mean he was being a drunken idiot, though.

Slightly off topic question.

Why is it that other racial slurs dont get the overhyped reaction that the "n" word does? I mean, if thats so bad (which I believe it is, all racial slurs are not nice) then how come people dont panic as much when another race is called a name?

Slightly off topic question.

Why is it that other racial slurs dont get the overhyped reaction that the "n" word does? I mean, if thats so bad (which I believe it is, all racial slurs are not nice) then how come people dont panic as much when another race is called a name?

Because those other races do not carry with them the historical baggage of slavery in the US. Honestly someone could call me a kraut and I couldn't give two shits. Hell call me a Nazi because of my German heritage and I will laugh it off because by resorting to stereotyping you show your smallness.

The "n" word gives certain people the power to bring shame on others. And for some people (*COUGH* JESSE JACKSON *COUGH*) it even gives them the chance to profit.

Obviously some acts against a group of people are worse than others but so long as a single word actually offends people than that word will control them.

Because those other races do not carry with them the historical baggage of slavery in the US. Honestly someone could call me a kraut and I couldn't give two shits. Hell call me a Nazi because of my German heritage and I will laugh it off because by resorting to stereotyping you show your smallness.

The "n" word gives certain people the power to bring shame on others. And for some people (*COUGH* JESSE JACKSON *COUGH*) it even gives them the chance to profit.

Obviously some acts against a group of people are worse than others but so long as a single word actually offends people than that word will control them.

Given all that, then, why the hell do some blacks use the word in such a way that it is not derogatory? As they have pushed it into pop culture, I see other races (mostly hispanics and whites, but I've heard asians, too) using it in the same way with no consequence. To me it sounds unintelligent.

Given all that, then, why the hell do some blacks use the word in such a way that it is not derogatory? As they have pushed it into pop culture, I see other races (mostly hispanics and whites, but I've heard asians, too) using it in the same way with no consequence. To me it sounds unintelligent.

Yeah, I was with a buddy of mine the other day, an African American, and his son and his friends came out talking and stuff. They were calling each other the "n" word, over and over again. He almost lost it, was gonna whoop his sons and his friends, he told him dont be using that word when talking about another brother!

I understand what Lubeeck is saying, the past and all. but hispanics were segregated too, and had it hard way back when also. I just think all derogatory remarks regarding race are childish. It aint about race, its about HUMAN RACE.

but hispanics were segregated too, and had it hard way back when also.

And the word "spic" has almost as bad a connotation as the "n" word.

But even with that can you even offer a single example of the hispanic equivilant of Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton? Name one other race that has an establishment specifically oriented on taking advantage of past misdeeds by people no longer alive like the african american civil rights movement.

For example look at the NAACP. Last time I checked they had a pretty single-minded approach to addressing African-American issues. But since their mission is based on ADVANCING COLORED PEOPLE why are Hispanics ignored?

But even with that can you even offer a single example of the hispanic equivilant of Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton? Name one other race that has an establishment specifically oriented on taking advantage of past misdeeds by people no longer alive like the african american civil rights movement.

For example look at the NAACP. Last time I checked they had a pretty single-minded approach to addressing African-American issues. But since their mission is based on ADVANCING COLORED PEOPLE why are Hispanics ignored?

Well, maybe other than some local prominent Hispanics here in the Valley of the Sun who are saying immgration enforcement is a form of racism, no, cant say that I can.

Hisapnics dont, nor did they have it as bad, but they had it. They went to different schools, drank from different fountains, etc. too. But they dont take advantage of the situation, not that Im aware of I should say.

Saw this on Vacchiano's blog at the Daily News regarding Clark.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/20...out-newest.html

It does appear LB Danny Clark has left without a contract. That doesn’t mean he won’t sign with the Giants, but it’s not usually a good sign when he leaves.

I don't know much about Clark. As for Carr, true he's never had an o-line as good as ours but he was outplayed by a 44yr old Testaverde last season. Still, I think he's an upgrade over J-lo. Not sure how much he can mentor Eli but shit does he really need one anymore?

Ok.. that I didn't know. I used to call my Puerto Rican friend that.. no wonder he used to get upset.. :brooding:

Saw this on Vacchiano's blog at the Daily News regarding Clark.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/20...out-newest.html

I don't know much about Clark. As for Carr, true he's never had an o-line as good as ours but he was outplayed by a 44yr old Testaverde last season. Still, I think he's an upgrade over J-lo. Not sure how much he can mentor Eli but shit does he really need one anymore?

I don't think Eli needs mentoring really. Anyone can sit there and tell you do this and do that... Eh I like J-Load and I doubt Carr... well Carr is an upgrade over Wright I guess.

you telling me he couldn't have killed himself or somebody else? he turned his life around AFTER joining signing with the Gaints, sounds like a life saved to me.

he saved me from a life of kannell's 3 yard curl patterns.

he saved me from a life of kannell's 3 yard curl patterns.

LOL!!!

I remember one game, with Kannell at the helm, and I believe it was against the Falcons. He dropped back, I believe our rec did like a fly pattern or something, Danny heaved the ball with all his might.........and it only went about 40 yds. :rolleyes:

:furious: Just what on earth do you have against Lorenzen?

He's fat, not in shape ( i don't wanna hear this big boned theory). And I don't think he's much as a QB.

There are better backups out there Nas(we just got one), I could ask you the same thing, what on earth has he done to show he deserves to be a backup?. You're high on the guy but he's never taken a snap in a meaningful game. I could see if you argued with me on Anthony Wright,because he's been a starter. But Lorenzen has done nothing at all.

What can you possibly have for him?

That's my thoughts. Nas is very high on a guy who's done nothing in this league except for hold the fuck out of a clipboard and try to trip Eli as he's going out on the field.

Okay the last part's a joke.

Kerry Collins had the aforementioned SB as well as the Minnesota game. But let us not forget the 49er's game when it was a lack of rotation on the DL that kept us from handling the moves of Garcia and TO.

It was also KC who drove us right into the lead against the Boys on MNF and it was Matt Bryant that got us started on the 40 with the dopey kick out of bounds.

I can't tell you how much I came to like Collins and now I see great value in Eli. He was already worth his money. As for Collins, he was instrumental in helping us develop an offense which we hadn't had sine Phil and the gang. Now we have an east coast offense as opposed to that mock-west coast nonsense.

In any event, this is the first real back up we've had since Kerry came in behind Kent Graham or Dave Brown or one of those sad sacks.

Kerry Collins had the aforementioned SB as well as the Minnesota game. But let us not forget the 49er's game when it was a lack of rotation on the DL that kept us from handling the moves of Garcia and TO.

What 49er's game? I don't remember any 49er's game *fingers in ears* LA LA LA LA LA LA LA...

Good point though.