SportsWrath

Giants sign David Carr and Danny Clark

jranieli

Kerry Collins had the aforementioned SB as well as the Minnesota game. But let us not forget the 49er's game when it was a lack of rotation on the DL that kept us from handling the moves of Garcia and TO.

I also remember a ball bouncing off Shockeys chest in the back of the end zone during that game, which would have made all the difference. What a nightmare.

That NFC Championship game is still one of the best Giants games I've seen in my lifetime, with the offensive wupping we put on them and the old Giants D standing on the sideline firing the guys up for a shutout. Priceless.

I like the Carr signing. I would definately have confidence in him steppin in to win a few games if Eli ever went down (God forbid).

He's fat, not in shape ( i don't wanna hear this big boned theory). And I don't think he's much as a QB.

There are better backups out there Nas(we just got one), I could ask you the same thing, what on earth has he done to show he deserves to be a backup?. You're high on the guy but he's never taken a snap in a meaningful game. I could see if you argued with me on Anthony Wright,because he's been a starter. But Lorenzen has done nothing at all.

Ok.. he's fat.. but so is 66% of Americans... Hell our Middle Linebacker is fat too... not to mention every OL in the NLF.. so what's the knock? It's not like a QB has to stretch the field or return kicks. Hating a person because he's fat is not a solid argument.

As far as what he has done? Give him the chance to do something the judge him. Eli has been healthy so we really can't judge the guy. I know he has a strong arm, has quick feet, and can run over linebackers if needed.

I just don't appreciate dissing anyone wearing the Giants uniform either...

So when he steps on the field and he sucks time and again, then we know he sucks... I'm sure we heard Eli sucks too..

Ok.. he's fat.. but so is 66% of Americans... Hell our Middle Linebacker is fat too... not to mention every OL in the NLF.. so what's the knock? It's not like a QB has to stretch the field or return kicks. Hating a person because he's fat is not a solid argument.

As far as what he has done? Give him the chance to do something the judge him. Eli has been healthy so we really can't judge the guy. I know he has a strong arm, has quick feet, and can run over linebackers if needed.

So when he steps on the field and he sucks time and again, then we know he sucks... I'm sure we heard Eli sucks too..

If he has such a strong arm why in the best game of this past preseason when he got the most playing opportunity did he only average 3.3 yards a pass? Oh thats right no accuracy. What is the point of a strong arm if he can't put the ball where it needs to go?

And he can't run over linebackers it happened once and his victim was a JV 4th quarter last preseason game scrub.

Get over the fatboy and open your eyes. Every argument in favor of him is based on hope and expectation. Every argument against him is based on his performance on the field.

Antonio Pierce is fat??? :huh:

Im not bashing you bro, but, you tellin me you never dissed DAVE BROWN??? You know me, Im one of the most loyal Gmen fans, I love everything Giants and hate everything thats not.......and I cursed out D Brown many a times. <_<

Dave Brown: It would have been a touchdown if the receiver had run the right route by checking down correctly and the OL did not step on my big flat feet as I backed away from the line....and by the way George Young is my God Dad. You are looking at the savior of all things Giants. No it was not my fault that the ball did not get there as I can only throw for 40 yards and if he had checked down he would have had a five yard completion....that was his idea to streak wide open to the endzone. Yeah and Duke is a football powerhouse let me tell ya.....

Kerry Collins had the aforementioned SB as well as the Minnesota game. But let us not forget the 49er's game when it was a lack of rotation on the DL that kept us from handling the moves of Garcia and TO.

It was also KC who drove us right into the lead against the Boys on MNF and it was Matt Bryant that got us started on the 40 with the dopey kick out of bounds.

I can't tell you how much I came to like Collins and now I see great value in Eli. He was already worth his money. As for Collins, he was instrumental in helping us develop an offense which we hadn't had sine Phil and the gang. Now we have an east coast offense as opposed to that mock-west coast nonsense.

In any event, this is the first real back up we've had since Kerry came in behind Kent Graham or Dave Brown or one of those sad sacks.

calling the west coast offense nonsense is nonsense. it was very successful for a lot of teams for a number of years. so successful that defenses finally figured out ways to defend it. these things are cyclical just like the 3-4 was so dominant for a while.

I like the Carr signing a lot. He's a guy that could win a game or two if called upon, especially if he is supported by a good offensive line, running game, and defense.

Funny, that's what I was thinking about the big guy when Eli was having one of his bad games, and all we needed was an average qb to pull it out.

Carr #3. He'll probably be too scared to go in anyway if he sees Eli being carried out.

Funny, that's what I was thinking about the big guy when Eli was having one of his bad games, and all we needed was an average qb to pull it out.

Carr #3. He'll probably be too scared to go in anyway if he sees Eli being carried out.

I beg to differ. I think he's salavating at the chance to get some play behind a great Oline. Not to mention hookin up with a coach he's familiar with.

Antonio Pierce is fat??? :huh:

Im not bashing you bro, but, you tellin me you never dissed DAVE BROWN??? You know me, Im one of the most loyal Gmen fans, I love everything Giants and hate everything thats not.......and I cursed out D Brown many a times. <_<

That wasn't a knock on Peirce bro. It's just what it's he's not the most toned person out there... I was merely discrediting the argument that J-Load is fat and therefore he sucks.

That wasn't a knock on Peirce bro. It's just what it's he's not the most toned person out there... I was merely discrediting the argument that J-Load is fat and therefore he sucks.

OK, I got ya. ;)

You know, now that I think about it, how much did Culpepper weigh? Iguess being big doesnt automatically make you no good at QB, but I just dont have confidence in him.

66% of America is fat, I would love to see those calculation and statistics based on why so many people are "fat". BTW I would place any amount of money on the fact that AP's body fat is less than 10%.

66% of America is fat, I would love to see those calculation and statistics based on why so many people are "fat". BTW I would place any amount of money on the fact that AP's body fat is less than 10%.

AP isn't fat so I don't know why you guys are even talking about it. He is Six foot one

and weights 238 pounds and most of that is muscle and we all know muscle weights

more than fat.

AP isn't fat so I don't know why you guys are even talking about it. He is Six foot one

and weights 238 pounds and most of that is muscle and we all know muscle weights

more than fat.

I'm with ya on that one, chances are when his playing career is over he will lose 10-15 pounds and have more fat than he has now.

I just was curious what the66% of Americans are fat comes from? Although I agree we have a veru portly society, that number seems high to me. I believe the obesity number were at about 20% based on BMR stats.