SportsWrath

Another Jerry Reese stinks article.

JMFP

lol, you guys are crazy... Jones had multi year stints with three NFL teams. Paysinger will play for the Giants and his career will end when the Giants cut him.

He had a pretty good show on the Travel Channel, or so I've heard, too...

Hey, on the bright side, we did get the awesome, AWESOME Jaquian Williams out of Reese, who is good for at least two passes in the flat per game where he's trailing the TE/FB by at least five yards.

You can't teach speed!

Still having trouble understanding why some people think J-Will was such a great grab. To me, he's basically just another defensive back. I understand this is a pass-happy league, but the dude gets washed out on running plays.

Still having trouble understanding why some people think J-Will was such a great grab. To me, he's basically just another defensive back. I understand this is a pass-happy league, but the dude gets washed out on running plays.

Yeah... a DB that can't keep pace with a fullback.

Because we, as Giants fans, have been trained to have such low expectations for LBs that any guy who is remotely serviceable looks great to us.

Jacquian Williams I see as healthier Gerris Wilkinson. If Williams didn't miss so much time with nagging injuries he would be a better player. He had a lot to learn when he as drafted and still has much to learn.

He does flash occasionally, but never more than he did his rookie season. I'm just about ready to give up on him.

And yet Fewell has him playing every snap .... I just don't get it

I dunno, Joe...aside from maybe the Cardinals game, which I believe Beason went down in, the linebackers, to me, haven't looked all that bad. There's been the occasional play where you see one of them chasing after a tailback or tight end whom they took a bad angle on but by and large, the secondary and defensive line were the biggest issue, at least in the Detroit game and even for a lot of the Cards game. We couldn't get pressure on Stafford (or Stanton for that matter) and Calvin Johnson toasted everyone in the secondary. I blame a lot of it on poor scheming, definitely, in the Lions game. But as we got pressure on Fitzpatrick, who admittedly is a below average QB, he made mistakes and the secondary was there to capitalize. Jameel McClain, to me, looks better than most of the guys we've brought in over the last 4 or 5 years and Williams hasn't really HURT us, at least.

I dunno, Joe...aside from maybe the Cardinals game, which I believe Beason went down in, the linebackers, to me, haven't looked all that bad. There's been the occasional play where you see one of them chasing after a tailback or tight end whom they took a bad angle on but by and large, the secondary and defensive line were the biggest issue, at least in the Detroit game and even for a lot of the Cards game. We couldn't get pressure on Stafford (or Stanton for that matter) and Calvin Johnson toasted everyone in the secondary. I blame a lot of it on poor scheming, definitely, in the Lions game. But as we got pressure on Fitzpatrick, who admittedly is a below average QB, he made mistakes and the secondary was there to capitalize. Jameel McClain, to me, looks better than most of the guys we've brought in over the last 4 or 5 years and Williams hasn't really HURT us, at least.

Yeah I'm going to agree with Storm, the LB core this year has looked alot better in terms of consistency of their play, you might get one or two plays a game where they are outplayed but it's better then previous years of being outplayed every snap.

I think if anything the secondary is getting exposed on a more frequent basis, we have a 1 and 2 corner combo but outside of DRC and Mooky we really don't have any depth at corner and they get burnt on almost every pass play. The safety depth is atrocious, Stevie "The Wonder" Brown shouldn't be starting and it's a shame Cooper Taylor is on IR and Rolle is the only safety on the team who is a starter.

Yeah I'm going to agree with Storm, the LB core this year has looked alot better in terms of consistency of their play, you might get one or two plays a game where they are outplayed but it's better then previous years of being outplayed every snap.

I think if anything the secondary is getting exposed on a more frequent basis, we have a 1 and 2 corner combo but outside of DRC and Mooky we really don't have any depth at corner and they get burnt on almost every pass play. The safety depth is atrocious, Stevie "The Wonder" Brown shouldn't be starting and it's a shame Cooper Taylor is on IR and Rolle is the only safety on the team who is a starter.

I read or watched something somewhere that said Quinton Demps is taking Stevie Brown's starting spot. Which means the position is in a world of hurt. It might have been the right call, ethically and PR-wise, to release Will Hill, but it might not have been the best for the team on the field.

Nat Berhe was taking snaps there too against Houston if I'm not mistaken. I'm guessing Berhe might've been the starter this week if it weren't a short week...going with the veteran in Demps over the rookie in Berhe to replace the struggling Brown.

Berhe was definitely out there.

Because we, as Giants fans, have been trained to have such low expectations for LBs that any guy who is remotely serviceable looks great to us.

I would like to point out some that people in this thread were actually arguing for the MERITS of Herzlich and Paysinger. :TD:

I would like to point out some that people in this thread were actually arguing for the MERITS of Herzlich and Paysinger. :TD:

Herself and Payless...would have been practice players back in the days of Linebacker University here in Giants Land... :P

I'm not knocking either player... We can't have superstars at every position

wait what? we are supposed to have pro bowlers at every position and every draft pick is supposed to be a starter.

hell, our backups/special teamers are supposed to be pro bowl material.