SportsWrath

More Smokescreen?

BronxRik

Trending out the owners meeting.

The Cardinals are open for trading and looking to trade down.

The Commanders are going JJ at #2 and he's sky rockets up boards after his pro day.

*some* Giants news, Mara publicly is in support of a new QB if Schoen/Dabs pull the trigger.

23 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Trending out the owners meeting.

The Cardinals are open for trading and looking to trade down.

The Commanders are going JJ at #2 and he's sky rockets up boards after his pro day.

*some* Giants news, Mara publicly is in support of a new QB if Schoen/Dabs pull the trigger.

I had trust in Wellington Mara... not his son who even if this is a smokescreen knows Jack all shit about football and specializes in fucking up the Giants.

55 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I had trust in Wellington Mara... not his son who even if this is a smokescreen knows Jack all shit about football and specializes in fucking up the Giants.

2 rings under John Mara.  So far.  

how many other owners have 2 rings?  Probably not very many. 

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

Senior had two.

Actually out of the 32 teams, 15 have multiple SB wins, most with the same owner.

So say almost 50%

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Senior had two.

Actually out of the 32 teams, 15 have multiple SB wins, most with the same owner.

So say almost 50%

Wellington had titles which were the equivalent and he was Mr. NFL for all of the teams extant.  The football the Duke is named after him as his nickname.  John Mara has a reputation of instilling or helping to instill no fun rules that bite the Giants more than anyone else.  It would be better if he were less of an activist owner IMHO.

11 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Senior had two.

So say almost 50%

So at least less then half. 

37 minutes ago, Herc said:

The top of this draft picture seems to change every day lol.  I wish they’d move it up cuz this is brutal 

Yeah I see mocks with MHJ falling to the Giants now and four QBs with the first four picks, baring a Cardinals trade out. 

Pretty exciting though the Giants essentially have the second pick in the draft in terms of which non QB players are going to be there. 

8 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah I see mocks with MHJ falling to the Giants now and four QBs with the first four picks, baring a Cardinals trade out. 

Pretty exciting though the Giants essentially have the second pick in the draft in terms of which non QB players are going to be there. 

I hope the Giants do not try to trade up for a QB...  like you said, it looks like they will have pick of any other position with the 6th pick.   

45 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Seeing Maye fall too.  It’d be awesome to get either of these guys without trading up 

5 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

I hope the Giants do not try to trade up for a QB...  like you said, it looks like they will have pick of any other position with the 6th pick.   

Plus they can get a decent QB in the second round... have those scouts do the work.

They gotta be serious about a qb at this point.  I think if we don’t end up with one in the first round it will be because all the ones they love are gone and they weren’t able to trade up

3 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Jayden Daniels is off the board, lol

Let's hope the Pats rumors are true and they hate Drake Maye, the true prize of the 2024 draft.

17 minutes ago, mastershake said:

You serious or being sarcastic?

I'm very mixed on Drake Maye.

Granted I haven't watched tons of film but there's a lot to like from what I've seen. He's only 21 and that NC line sucks every year. The film I have seen was very good, arguably best in this draft class.

19 minutes ago, mastershake said:

You serious or being sarcastic?

I'm very mixed on Drake Maye.

The college is so hard to scout a QB now.

The vast majority of offenses are one/two read systems, with very little time needed to process the field, or even run anything comparable to a pro style team.

Accuracy is one of the few measurements on tape you can go by but even that is fixable in the pros to an extent.

I would hate to be a scout now trying to find a franchise guy.

39 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

The vast majority of offenses are one/two read systems, with very little time needed to process the field, or even run anything comparable to a pro style team.

Accuracy is one of the few measurements on tape you can go by but even that is fixable in the pros to an extent.

Lol nobody here wants the guy who ran a pro system in college. 

55 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

That Clemson game of him last year was brutal, but to be fair just one game, and who am I? I don't even know what to be looking for.

15 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Lol nobody here wants the guy who ran a pro system in college. 

Didn't they just run the ball a bunch out of I? Strong I?

Not really pro style since all McCarthy did was hand the ball off 500+ times the last two years.