SportsWrath

More Smokescreen?

BronxRik

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I could live with the QB draft... but I really like the second draft.  I like the Jimmy Johnson/Bill Belichick method of banking picks and then swing for the fences next year.

Yeah, this. Kinda. I'd like them to build the rest of the team and then blow their wad on a qb. I still hold out hope for Manning in '26. 

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

If they build the rest of the team first they will be improved just enough to be out of reach of Manning(is he even going to play this year anyway?)

Not at all...Quinn Ewers will be starting at Texas, and he's expected to be a top 10 QB next draft.

Manning isn't draft eligible till the 2026 draft.

5 hours ago, Mr. P said:

If they build the rest of the team first they will be improved just enough to be out of reach of Manning(is he even going to play this year anyway?)

There's just so much talent across the board this year I don't think trading away picks, future picks, is a good idea. Use them now, make a trade, maybe 2 for some more, and grab some decent players. They don't have to be superstars but it just seems like there are many guys out there who could be here for years, this year. 

The pundits are going batshit crazy over this year's QB class, but I just don't see 4 HOF QB's in this class. I'd like us to be in the "damn, wish we made moves like the Giants did" in future conversations for a change. 

And as for Manning, it's a pipe dream, but it's my pipe dream. :LMAO:

Of course, I have hope every year and absolutely nothing has come of it, LOL, so what do I know? Can't wait for Thursday dude. 

4 hours ago, BronxRik said:

There's just so much talent across the board this year I don't think trading away picks, future picks, is a good idea. Use them now, make a trade, maybe 2 for some more, and grab some decent players. They don't have to be superstars but it just seems like there are many guys out there who could be here for years, this year. 

The pundits are going batshit crazy over this year's QB class, but I just don't see 4 HOF QB's in this class. I'd like us to be in the "damn, wish we made moves like the Giants did" in future conversations for a change. 

Of course, I have hope every year and absolutely nothing has come of it, LOL, so what do I know? Can't wait for Thursday dude. 

It means Jones balls out this year, and somehow or the other we suck dick in 2025 - Jones gets injured maybe - and we get a high pick and swing for Manning in 2026 :D

9 hours ago, BronxRik said:

we don’t need 4 HOF qb’s in the draft, we just need 1. 

I'm really going to be dismayed if the pick is Maye.

Wink...

In all seriousness though, I will be because I think he's a bust. Too slow to process and get through progressions, not great under pressure, late on throws, etc.

3 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Penix is far more consistent and it's not even close.

yet you could still put on one bad game and ask that same question. 

2 minutes ago, mastershake said:

MMW: Barring injury, Penix has a far better career than Maye.

you’ll be pasting that here in a few years:

10 minutes ago, mastershake said:

This guy I actually watched play, lol. Have you?

He shares the same traits/characteristics all other QC busts have.

I’ve watched some. 

You made a prediction, I made a prediction.