Jump to content
SportsWrath

More Smokescreen?


BronxRik

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

but you don’t use those visits for a smokescreen  

 

people keep saying that after this McCarthy visit, but I'm not sure that's true. My understanding is that it isn't uncommon for team A to have a visit with prospect B on behalf of team C, while team C has a visit with prospect D on behalf of team A. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will say this about the whole McCarthy narrative. 

With the Vikings getting some ammo to move up and grab McCathy say at #4 or 5, there seems to be a consensus that this would be the right thing to do, that he's worth the trade.

But when the talks of the Giants taking JJ at #6 suddenly there's talks and comparison to them reaching for Jones.

Just the hypocrisy of the NFL media, one team trading for him is great, the other staying put and taking him is the wrong move. 

Which is why I think this whole JJ hype is a smokescreen to get the Vikings to flinch, maybe even trade with the Giants. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I will say this about the whole McCarthy narrative. 

With the Vikings getting some ammo to move up and grab McCathy say at #4 or 5, there seems to be a consensus that this would be the right thing to do, that he's worth the trade.

But when the talks of the Giants taking JJ at #6 suddenly there's talks and comparison to them reaching for Jones.

Just the hypocrisy of the NFL media, one team trading for him is great, the other staying put and taking him is the wrong move. 

Which is why I think this whole JJ hype is a smokescreen to get the Vikings to flinch, maybe even trade with the Giants. 

I keep reading that the Pats don't like Maye.  Dream scenario is the Commanders take Daniels, Vikes trade wtih the Pats and grab McCarthy, Drake falls to us at #6. 

Hey a guy can dream. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I keep reading that the Pats don't like Maye.  Dream scenario is the Commanders take Daniels, Vikes trade wtih the Pats and grab McCarthy, Drake falls to us at #6. 

Hey a guy can dream. 

 

I wouldn't be surprised to see either the Commanders or Pat's go with one of the top three WRs.

They probably wont but either of those teams could go elsewhere in the draft and get a guy round two. 

Who the hell knows though, the draft is a crap shoot. 

Just look at the 2021 QB draft pool and how it's doing now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/20/2024 at 9:03 PM, BlueInCanada said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see either the Commanders or Pat's go with one of the top three WRs.

They probably wont but either of those teams could go elsewhere in the draft and get a guy round two. 

Who the hell knows though, the draft is a crap shoot. 

Just look at the 2021 QB draft pool and how it's doing now.

This is BS - Pats and the Commanders are most certainly going with QBs esp with a new coaching staff and them sending away their existing QBs. The only thing that works in JJs favour is his record - which isnt an indication of ability in the pros. Look at Mahomes or Brady's record in college. You can hate Jones all you want - but I dont think Giants are going QB in round 1 this year - itll be Rome or Nabers is my feel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This morning I read that an AFC scout said that the Pats really don't like Maye (not a smokescreen) and if Daniels is gone they're open to trading out of that spot. 

Also the JJ love from the Giants is a smokescreen hoping that if the Vikes trade up they pick JJ over Maye, the latter of whom is who they really like. 

 

It's happening fellas.   That gasmask video is really doing the trick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

This morning I read that an AFC scout said that the Pats really don't like Maye (not a smokescreen) and if Daniels is gone they're open to trading out of that spot. 

Also the JJ love from the Giants is a smokescreen hoping that if the Vikes trade up they pick JJ over Maye, the latter of whom is who they really like. 

 

It's happening fellas.   That gasmask video is really doing the trick. 

Smokescreens of smokescreens of smokescreens.

It's smokescreens all the way down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also love the fact that no one really knows what the Giants are doing.

Are they trying to trade up? Down? Is it JJ? Do they have a package for pick #3? Do they stay put and pick BPA? Do they really want a QB this year? Are they rolling with Jones? Lock? 

I feel like if this was Gettleman, he would of been gushing over someone like he did Jones after the senior bowl.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also love the fact that no one really knows what the Giants are doing.

Are they trying to trade up? Down? Is it JJ? Do they have a package for pick #3? Do they stay put and pick BPA? Do they really want a QB this year? Are they rolling with Jones? Lock? 

I feel like if this was Gettleman, he would of been gushing over someone like he did Jones after the senior bowl.

 

Yeah if this was Gettleman or Reese, he'd be talking about how much he loves Nabers only to have the three QBs, Harrison, and Nabers all be taken and then we'd pick Ereck Flowers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just today four articles alone;

1) From Jordan Rannannannnanna saying from sources that the Giants are moving on because they can't trust Jone's injury history, and they wont draft Penix either.

2) From Tom Pelissero re quoting Daboll saying Jones is the guy when he's healthy and they wont draft a QB.

3) From Albert Breer saying the Giants are not going to risk a 40 million dollar cap hit next year having Jones play a single snap and are aggressively trying to trade up so they have a rookie QB contract the year they cut Jones.

4) Ian Rappaport saying Minnesota is a sure fire thing to trade above the Giants since they both want McCartthy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, jranieli said:

I cannot believe there is another month of this. 

The best part is that mock draft boards will change 30 times between now and then just to have the draft ultimately go the way everyone thought it would two months ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

The best part is that mock draft boards will change 30 times between now and then just to have the draft ultimately go the way everyone thought it would two months ago.

Yeah I can't recall the thread but months ago I said the Giants are going WR and rolling with Jone/vet/FA at QB.

With the trade for Burns the Giant's dont have any real firepower to move up in the draft unless they mortgage future picks.

The top three teams are all poised to take a new QB, the only real wildcard is the Pats who have holes everywhere on that team and would probably prefer a trade down to get more picks,

I mean there's a slight chance that Daniels falls to six, but the Vikings are sitting there with two first round picks and I'm sure they've talked to the Cardinals extensively about a trade package for four.

I can't see the Chargers trading out, they need Oline and WR help in the worst way and they can get either the best WR or OT where they are.

So that leaves the Giants at #6 with some of the best play makers still on the board, and all the best defensive players still there as well. I mean I know we havent had it in awhile but imagine a Dline of Thibs/Burns/Dexy/Ojulari and Dallas Turner as one of our former GMs used to say "You can never have to many pass rushers"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah I can't recall the thread but months ago I said the Giants are going WR and rolling with Jone/vet/FA at QB.

With the trade for Burns the Giant's dont have any real firepower to move up in the draft unless they mortgage future picks.

The top three teams are all poised to take a new QB, the only real wildcard is the Pats who have holes everywhere on that team and would probably prefer a trade down to get more picks,

I mean there's a slight chance that Daniels falls to six, but the Vikings are sitting there with two first round picks and I'm sure they've talked to the Cardinals extensively about a trade package for four.

I can't see the Chargers trading out, they need Oline and WR help in the worst way and they can get either the best WR or OT where they are.

So that leaves the Giants at #6 with some of the best play makers still on the board, and all the best defensive players still there as well. I mean I know we havent had it in awhile but imagine a Dline of Thibs/Burns/Dexy/Ojulari and Dallas Turner as one of our former GMs used to say "You can never have to many pass rushers"

If belichick were still there they’d def trade down.  Bad timing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...