SportsWrath

With the 6th pick in the draft (1)

boohyah

Draft poll #1  

6 members have voted

1. 1. If these 3 are at the 6th pick, then who?

• Bowers
    • Odunze
    • Nabers

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

You know head to head qb matchups don’t matter. 

I dunno, when you're talking about two teams basically even in the polls all year and it's two games not 1, I think that counts for something.  And Penix schooled him the first game.  The second game was basically a draw.

Penix is the guy.  Would not be mad if we took him at 6, the ONLY reason he isn't in the top 3 discussion is injuries.  Which, fair enough.  But he's proven he's healthy and can stay healthy.  

5 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

I dunno, when you're talking about two teams basically even in the polls all year and it's two games not 1, I think that counts for something.  And Penix schooled him the first game.  The second game was basically a draw.

Penix is the guy.  Would not be mad if we took him at 6, the ONLY reason he isn't in the top 3 discussion is injuries.  Which, fair enough.  But he's proven he's healthy and can stay healthy.  

but he didn’t school him, he schooled the defense. 

7 hours ago, mastershake said:

Who's giving up on Wandale?

I guess if we take a WR at 6 he's going to be a #1 when Wandale hasn't really been given a chance yet to be the alpha WR. I'd just rather have Bowers if he's there than a WR, especially with all the WR depth in this draft. As much as all of us have been waiting for the 2nd coming of LT, we haven't had a great TE since Mark Bavaro. Ok, maybe since the Black Unicorn, but still....rather have Bowers was all I meant. 

14 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

I guess if we take a WR at 6 he's going to be a #1 when Wandale hasn't really been given a chance yet to be the alpha WR. I'd just rather have Bowers if he's there than a WR, especially with all the WR depth in this draft. As much as all of us have been waiting for the 2nd coming of LT, we haven't had a great TE since Mark Bavaro. Ok, maybe since the Black Unicorn, but still....rather have Bowers was all I meant. 

What about Jeremy Droppy? 

26 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

Kevin Boss was pretty good, was a TD machine in the red zone.

Shame injuries got him.

12 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also wouldn't have a problem with Bowers at #6, but I never want him lined up the block.

The guy is Kittle without the ability to block.

Make him a WR.

I gave had time to do a ton of work on draft prospects this year but I remember thinking he was actually a good blocker.

38 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Kevin Boss was pretty good, was a TD machine in the red zone.

Shame injuries got him.

Yeah, he was, but as evidenced by my not listing him....forgettable. I'd just like us to get our own Kelce/Gronk/Kittle type of guy. 

We need a TE dude, dude. 

9 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I gave had time to do a ton of work on draft prospects this year but I remember thinking he was actually a good blocker.

I'm not directly familiar with Bowers yet, but in the multiple reviews I've read the thing that keeps coming up is 'equally good blocker as receiver, and he's a great receiver'. For whatever that's worth. 

10 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Yeah, he was, but as evidenced by my not listing him....forgettable. I'd just like us to get our own Kelce/Gronk/Kittle type of guy. 

We need a TE dude, dude. 

Who you calling dude? Buddy.

But yes I agree we need a modern NFL TE, as you stated we haven't had any consistency there since Engram when he was consistently tipping passes to the other team. 

19 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think Nabers is going to be the WR1 in this class. Might be the third off the board, but he'll be the best pro.

Aside from being incredibly talented, he understands the nuances of the game better than any college WR I've ever seen.  Head fakes, stutter steps, changing how he lines up... the reason why he's often 20 yards away from the nearest defender is because he's faked them out of their shoes.  He'll be an amazing pro. 

28 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think Nabers is going to be the WR1 in this class. Might be the third off the board, but he'll be the best pro.

Yeah Nabers is my far and away #1 guy in the draft. 

Harrison is good but Nabers reminds me of JJ.

He's ready to step into a team day one and make plays. 

32 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

MHJ is too much of a dream at No.6 I feel - but id be stoked if he get Nabers or Rome - Rome is no slouch. I think thats the direction Schoen wants to go. Lines have been boosted. We have an RB who hasnt missed a game in 5 years. Jones might be ready by Week 1, could be Lock - big ? there

46 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I cannot say I watched LSU games this year, but the one thing that Harrison has is he is 6'4".   Not that automatically makes someone a better receiver, but as they say you can't teach size.   I do wonder if if his name was not Harrison if he would be tagged as the can't miss WR in this draft.  

With how the Free Agency is going so far, I could line up behind the drafting Nabers with the 6th pick.

15 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Given that we have two shrimp WR in Robinson and Mckenzie, and a scrawny guy in Hyatt and Slayton, my bet is Schoen goes with Odunze over Nabers, since Odunze has the bigger frame and superior ball skills.

Agree - we need a big body guy - hence - I feel Rome too

4 minutes ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Agree - we need a big body guy - hence - I feel Rome too

Plus factoring in our offensive line woes, I'd like an outlet for our QB to chuck it to if/when under pressure and he has to get rid of the ball quickly to a guy who can go up and snatch it like Odunze.

3 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

I cannot say I watched LSU games this year, but the one thing that Harrison has is he is 6'4".   Not that automatically makes someone a better receiver, but as they say you can't teach size.   I do wonder if if his name was not Harrison if he would be tagged as the can't miss WR in this draft.  

With how the Free Agency is going so far, I could line up behind the drafting Nabers with the 6th pick.

oh wow, I did watch a bunch of OSU this year, so I'm up on MHJ's film ---- he doesn't have the route running nuance of Nabers, and he's twice as likely to drop the ball from what I've seen ---- but I had no idea he was so tall. No pun intended, but that's huge.