SportsWrath

With the 6th pick in the draft (1)

boohyah

Draft poll #1  

6 members have voted

1. 1. If these 3 are at the 6th pick, then who?

• Bowers
    • Odunze
    • Nabers

Either Nabers or Odunze is fine by me. Odunze seems like he could be something special. The kind of guy where if you're in a jam and under pressure, throw him the ball if he's 1:1 and he'll go up and get it for you.

Remaining FA/Draft priorities:

WR

CB (really need another starter here and at S)

S (I like Jordan Whitehead, who's still unsigned)

OL Depth

DT/Edge Depth

TE Depth

RB Depth

Could also use a Simmons like swiss army knife player

Bowers. The next George Kittle. It's too soon to give up on Wandale, he hasn't had anyone to throw to him. QB and WR next draft, although as was pointed out to me, Arch Manning is available in '26 not '25. Somehow we're going to get him. Archie is going to make sure of that. 

7 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Trade up for qb. 

This is what I'd really like, but I don't think any of the top 3 teams will trade down and they're most assuredly all drafting QBs. 

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

This is what I'd really like, but I don't think any of the top 3 teams will trade down and they're most assuredly all drafting QBs. 

I have a feeling it's McCarthy pending a fall from any of the other QBs.

Trot Jones or some FA QB out for the year, let the new Oline gel and go through the growing pains. 

McCarthy steps in year two with a revamped Oline.  

WRs are a dime a dozen in the draft now, and they are all pro ready. 

I think I want to trade up, but not sure we can get to 3.  All signs point to Williams-Maye-Daniels in top 3.  McCarthy doesn't excite me.  

So yeah, if you can swing a trade up for Daniels or Maye, whomever is the 3rd QB...do that.  If not, take Harrison Jr, Odunze, Nabors...in that order.

With Tyrod gone, we almost have to draft a guy...unless there are other back QBs around

5 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I think I want to trade up, but not sure we can get to 3.  All signs point to Williams-Maye-Daniels in top 3.  McCarthy doesn't excite me.  

So yeah, if you can swing a trade up for Daniels or Maye, whomever is the 3rd QB...do that.  If not, take Harrison Jr, Odunze, Nabors...in that order.

With Tyrod gone, we almost have to draft a guy...unless there are other back QBs around

We may not have the draft capital to trade up to a top 3 spot. Those three teams in the top 3 all need a QB...and they need one to start on day one.

2 minutes ago, mastershake said:

We may not have the draft capital to trade up to a top 3 spot. Those three teams in the top 3 all need a QB...and they need one to start on day one.

I don't disagree.  Only way I could see it is if we convinced them Jones can start for them and make him part of the trade...but that's about the longest shot ever.

Gonna be interesting...especially now that Tyrod is gone.

I do wonder about a potential trade down scenario, where we trade down and take McCarthy, Nix, or Penix, although I bet MN jumps on McCarthy; MN is really in a bind right now. Not sure Darnold is the answer there.

Nix and Penix would be a travesty in the top 15 though. Maybe trade with a team like MN, then trade back into the tail end of the first round or early second round to take Nix or Penix.

If we did that and ended up with something like Odunze or Bowers at #11, and Penix in the 2nd round, I'd be happy with that.

There is always someone who rises after the combine.  This year it was McCarthy. 

and the order they go in is usually not the order we think they will.  

36 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

*Sigh*

We're drafting McCarthy at six, aren't we? 

That’s what it’s looking like to me too unless they love someone else outside the top 3

14 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Bowers. The next George Kittle. It's too soon to give up on Wandale, he hasn't had anyone to throw to him. QB and WR next draft, although as was pointed out to me, Arch Manning is available in '26 not '25. Somehow we're going to get him. Archie is going to make sure of that. 

Who's giving up on Wandale?

52 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

*Sigh*

We're drafting McCarthy at six, aren't we? 

There's still hope of a trade down for Penix or Nix! (Which I'd be okay with). Trade down to #11, take the best player available, then trade back into the 1st or early 2nd, and take Penix. I realize the risk with his injury history but that's a low cap contract for 4 years.

24 minutes ago, mastershake said:

There's still hope of a trade down for Penix or Nix! (Which I'd be okay with). Trade down to #11, take the best player available, then trade back into the 1st or early 2nd, and take Penix. I realize the risk with his injury history but that's a low cap contract for 4 years.

I really liked Penix with our first #2 pick but Shoen took care of that for us. 

22 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I really liked Penix with our first #2 pick but Shoen took care of that for us. 

Still plenty of options to trade back up, either with what we have OR in a trade down trade up scenario.

Personally I like trading down then trading up. I'm not a big fan of taking top 10 WR's, and this draft is deep in WR's, and our need at QB is pretty substantial especially given the FA's that have flown off the board. Brian Thomas is an intriguing guy to take with picks 11-17 or so.