SportsWrath

Giants game day thread

Didn't watch, glad I didn't just checked the halftime score. 

Sounds like Thibs finally had himself a game which is great to see.

So why keep a QB on the team (DiVito) and not trust him to throw the ball? 

I mean I understand its the worst case scenario that he is playing but if you don't trust him to complete a pass he shouldn't be on the team lol  

Poor Tyrod the dude is a walking ER room. 

I'll have to watch the highlights but historically this offense is something the NFL has never seen with how bad it is lol 

Glad I spent the day with the wifey, and as always "It just one week fellas it doesn't mean anything" 

Also why is it shit teams can still compete like the Cards or the Broncos.

But for the last 10 years we've watched the Giants be the complete fucking laughing stock of the NFL.

And the only reason why the Browns are worse is because they threw 250 million at a rapist to play QB.

We threw 160 million at a guy one hit away from being in a wheelchair. 

Haven't read the rest of this thread, but I can only imagine.

Hard to figure our worst corner is also our most experience, but he's been that all season.

How do you not have a package of plays that Devito can bring to the field with him.

Thibs, not your fault.

This is on Daboll.

upon reflection this morning ........

that game yesterday was a disgrace and a total embarrassment to this great organisation.

it was as bad as that game 2 years ago where Joe Judge elected to take a knee on a drive from our 5 yard line

i was born in 1969 and have been watching ( and listening ) to games since 1982 and i'm utterly disgusted !

will be hard to watch for the rest of this dismal season ( but i will i suppose )

grrrrrrr. 

1 minute ago, gmenroc said:

Ref ran in and tapped it after the center placed it...I guess that's what they'll hang their hat on...but yeah.

Also, how do we not lay on their receiver for an extra second or two after the tackle?

Or held the receiver up a bit before having him hit the ground...   but yes the Ref did not even stop to see if the ball was placed correctly, just gave that job to the Jets Center

17 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Ref ran in and tapped it after the center placed it...I guess that's what they'll hang their hat on...but yeah.

Also, how do we not lay on their receiver for an extra second or two after the tackle?

Yeah, we learned at halftime a few weeks ago that the refs will let you get away with that 

3 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

that game yesterday was a disgrace and a total embarrassment to this great organisation.

it was as bad as that game 2 years ago where Joe Judge elected to take a knee on a drive from our 5 yard line

i was born in 1969 and have been watching ( and listening ) to games since 1982 and i'm utterly disgusted !

will be hard to watch for the rest of this dismal season ( but i will i suppose )

grrrrrrr. 

Uk, I watched the United game right before. How do you think I feel?

16 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Tanks for the memories!

This is a classic Giants tank.. and 55 years of watching the Giants during their ups and downs confirms this.  Wait for 2024-2025 to see real advancement and/or games.  These are just lineup games for the next draft pick at position 1-6. 

18 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think they said during the broadcast cast that DeVito didn’t even get normal backup reps because Jones was practicing. 

Just terrible again CD... I attributed this statement to Herc... when it was you.  Sorry bro.

16 hours ago, mastershake said:

Today was an absolute disgrace.

- The play calling, even before the Taylor injury, was pathetic.

- The fact that Barkley gave himself up when a 1st down wins the game demonstrates to me that this needs to be his last season with the Giants. It's clear the priority investments this off-season need to be at least two starting OL, and probably a third at this rate.

- If Devito cannot be trusted to throw the ball, the why is he even in the roster? Why was Schoen and Daboll relying on him to backup Taylor who we know is injury prone?

- As much of a disaster as our OL was, the Jets OL is bad too, yet still they managed to pass the ball with a garbage Zach Wilson, and made pass plays when it counted.

This franchise is a joke. They really were an embarrassment today.

He should just have run out.  When I saw he gave himself up on that play I was screaming.  Keep going forward... he may have scored.  Just disgraceful.  We really need a Parcells and/or Coughlin type who know NFL rules as well as a referee... they would have told Barkley what to do in every situation.  Parcells and/or Coughlin would have never put Taylor in a position to think about throwing the ball in the first half debacle against the Bills.  It is clear they were trying to protect Gano (who is hurt) thanks to what P-Dub let us know about Gano's lower leg injury on his plant leg.  OMG... just a fuck up all around that Schoen and Daboll don't want to and/or can't explain to the fans and/or the owners at this point.  They just have to ride this out.  Too bad they won one meaningless playoff game last year... because they tried to turn Fool's Gold into real gold with a flawed College Division II team, for the most part.  Classic Giants of the late 70's and/or mid 90's... after or before Tittle, Tarkenton, LT, Simms, Anderson, Hostetler, Collins, Warner and/or Eli... with plenty of great players on offense and defense, plus the great coaches.  It is a "process" as that asshole used to say all of the time. :laugh:

17 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also why is it shit teams can still compete like the Cards or the Broncos.

But for the last 10 years we've watched the Giants be the complete fucking laughing stock of the NFL.

And the only reason why the Browns are worse is because they threw 250 million at a rapist to play QB.

We threw 160 million at a guy one hit away from being in a wheelchair. 

This... at least a walker like in my club... and I never played NFL football. :laugh:

6 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

grrrrrrr. 

Join the Boomer club youngster.... so you missed the disasters of the late 60s, 70s with THE FUMBLE, you missed the new era with the debut of LT in 1981, however 1982 is a good starting point because in 1983 we got Parcells second season when he no longer wanted to be the player coach friend the previous season that won 3 games.  He then became the "Tyrant" that won games.  Just stick around which you will knowing your track record.  The worm will turn (classic Parcells phrase) in 2024-2025.  Thanks man. :TU:

I am glad I listened to the radio feed with Banks/Papa, while playing a game of Rome II modified with the War of the gods... while posting here of course.  So I wrote a wasted three hours... it was fruitful and heartfelt three hours except for the laugh of a Division II game.  The world goes on...

On 10/30/2023 at 4:05 PM, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Join the Boomer club youngster.... so you missed the disasters of the late 60s, 70s with THE FUMBLE, you missed the new era with the debut of LT in 1981, however 1982 is a good starting point because in 1983 we got Parcells second season when he no longer wanted to be the player coach friend the previous season that won 3 games.  He then became the "Tyrant" that won games.  Just stick around which you will knowing your track record.  The worm will turn (classic Parcells phrase) in 2024-2025.  Thanks man. :TU:

you are so right my friend ...... at least i missed the 1978 Pisarcik disaster thankfully !

6 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

you are so right my friend ...... at least i missed the 1978 Pisarcik disaster thankfully !

For sure bro... I saw that and the Giants had like a 5-3 record then and they just fell apart.  McVay was the coach and went on to be the front office head for the Montana 69'ers so he saw success.  He did not make that call... it was the OC that did that.  What is not mentioned is that the Victory Formation was booed and penalized.  You were expected to run plays but teams usually did not.  They would take the boos and penalty.  It seemed that the OC wanted to be a white knight and Pisarcik was too chicken to change the call having been warned by the OC that he would bench him.  Pisarcik was such an asshole.  All of his team mates including Larry Czonka from the Dolphins and Gary Shirk another RB told him to take the snap and fall on the ball.  The offensive linemen said the same thing.  Do not try to hand it off. 

The next was history with Herman Edwards scooping up the ball and "this is how you play the game...to win..." that he said later in the Meadowlands as the Jests head coach.  I hated Herman Edwards and that day forward.  I only forgave him as he was the catylist for Giants change.  In 1979 they fired everyone... hired George Young as the General Manager, Ray Perkins as coach...drafted Phil Simms and stuffed a shiv into Pisarcik to get him out of here.  Then we got LT in 1981 and our first playoff berth and win since 1963.  We only lost to the 69'ers in the second round of those playoffs because a Giants defensive lineman came up after a tackle and punched a dirty 69'er lineman in the stomach.  Of course the refs protected the 69'er and Broke Backs back then so it was a personal foul that gave the 69'ers a first down and the ballgame. 

Without The Fumble, we don't get any of that.