SportsWrath

Giants game day thread

Thibs was offside on that last drive in the 4th Quarter... if he is not offside they win...

Also Daboll is letting his asshole pucker for not going for it on fourth down during that last play.  Now he knows without a doubt that his ST sucks out loud.  The Jests like the Bills need to thank the football gods that they got a win.  Even if you do not get it... the Jests still have to go 80 yards to get the same FG.  At least you are patting your team on the back by going for it.  Daboll is pulling it in for next year.  That is obvious.  And I totally agree with UK Giants... Gettleman put us in cap hell.  FUCK HIM!!!

Just now, Herc said:

Why can’t they just suck a lose like a normal team 

For real... the Giants have to find all of these novel ways to give games away...

Daboll is playing as a punk by saying the FG was the right call.  Too complacent Daboll.  Banks and Cross were saying to go for it.  Come on like Herc... said... a reporter just asked it looks like you did not trust Devito to throw the ball... so just get a pizza thrower off the street if that is the case.

4 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

I’m not sure I can find the words 

3 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

3 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

I don't think you can find the words.

Whelp... next year fellows... I am used to this unfortunately.  We need some new QB's and a few kickers... Come on Daboll is speaking coach speak.  Time to just make decisions and go with it.  Come on Daboll this is the crucial point where you go up or down.  Don't go down.

28 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

For real... the Giants have to find all of these novel ways to give games away...

Daboll is playing as a punk by saying the FG was the right call.  Too complacent Daboll.  Banks and Cross were saying to go for it.  Come on like Herc... said... a reporter just asked it looks like you did not trust Devito to throw the ball... so just get a pizza thrower off the street if that is the case.

In all normal circumstances, the FG is the right call. 

but I didn’t like it today. Getting the first down was as likely as making the FG, and it ends the game without putting our most potentially disastrous unit, special teams, on the field. 

I’m still not sure how they got lined up and stopped the clock with so little time remaining. 9 seconds? I don’t think I’ve ever seen it pulled off with less than about 12 seconds.

46 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I don't think he trusted DeVito to throw the ball. What'd he have like 4 pass attempts today?

4 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

In all normal circumstances, the FG is the right call. 

but I didn’t like it today. Getting the first down was as likely as making the FG, and it ends the game without putting our most potentially disastrous unit, special teams, on the field. 

I’m still not sure how they got lined up and stopped the clock with so little time remaining. 9 seconds? I don’t think I’ve ever seen it pulled off with less than about 12 seconds.

Exactly... the refs were running... also the umpire has to physically handle the ball... on that last fourth quarter play and/or next to last play in regulation.  The receiver catches it and the center spots the ball... the umpire runs by and touches the ball as he runs past (if he touches it)... my GOD he is supposed to pick it up and spot it.  I loved Parcells as he knew the ins and outs of the game.  The same with Fassell.  Gano is hurt... on that play this season... you should run it.  The FG is the play during normal games... OMG this was anything more than a normal game.  It is a pure Injury Ball to play these asshole Jests... who WILL NOT GO ANYWHERE... That is what hurts playing the Jests.  From Al Toon catching a meaningless TD in 1988, in a game the Giants needed to get to the playoffs and wreak havoc.  What do we get... Toon catching the ball and the soon to be ex Jests coach running onto the field like he won the Superbowl.  Hope the Jests are like Filthy and treasure that one Lombardi they have.

2 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I don't think he trusted DeVito to throw the ball. What'd he have like 4 pass attempts today?

4-6 pass plays almost all of them for negative yards... maybe one pass got two yards.  Almost all of his passes were to a double/triple covered Barkley.  Just unreal. Let's face it... the Giants are playing for 2024 and 2025... not 2023.   I have 55 years of football watching and I know a tank when I see it.

1 minute ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think they said during the broadcast cast that DeVito didn’t even get normal backup reps because Jones was practicing. 

This is obscene.  The NFL has to start treating backups more like relief pitchers than the shit they are doing now.  They don't do full practices since the early 2000s because of the collective bargaining agreement.  So the practices of Parcells and even Coughlin cannot by rule happen today.  Practices are what we would call a walk through back in the day.  This is to cut down on injuries as the NFL does not want to pay guys to be backups and play.  More games, more scoring and fuck the pedestrian player.

Today was an absolute disgrace.

- The play calling, even before the Taylor injury, was pathetic.

- The fact that Barkley gave himself up when a 1st down wins the game demonstrates to me that this needs to be his last season with the Giants. It's clear the priority investments this off-season need to be at least two starting OL, and probably a third at this rate.

- If Devito cannot be trusted to throw the ball, the why is he even in the roster? Why was Schoen and Daboll relying on him to backup Taylor who we know is injury prone?

- As much of a disaster as our OL was, the Jets OL is bad too, yet still they managed to pass the ball with a garbage Zach Wilson, and made pass plays when it counted.

This franchise is a joke. They really were an embarrassment today.