SportsWrath

Jones.

BlueInCanada

He's basically been the sacrificial lamb while the Giants have gone through multiple rebuilds at this point. 

I've never been against Jones as a person, he's been a stand up guy, I just don't think he is or was the guy the Giants are going to be hosting a Lombardi with. 

If this neck injury is multiple weeks or even IR we may have seen the last of Dimes. 

Welp, this was always the risk with Jones. We knew he was injury prone when we signed him (similarly with Barkley as well).

One would think if we just signed a QB to a massive contract, that we'd try to put a capable OL around him, but again...guess we had to have Leonard Williams, Darren Waller, and Barkley instead...cause those guys are really driving success on this team LOL.

Honestly injured or not, just roll with Tyrod Taylor the rest of the way. With the current OL we have, we're doing to get Jones killed and injured worse. The season is a botched and lost cause anyway. Why play Jones just to see him running for his life and getting pounded on 90% of drop backs? This can only hurt him.

14 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Welp, this was always the risk with Jones. We knew he was injury prone when we signed him (similarly with Barkley as well).

One would think if we just signed a QB to a massive contract, that we'd try to put a capable OL around him, but again...guess we had to have Leonard Williams, Darren Waller, and Barkley instead...cause those guys are really driving success on this team LOL.

Honestly injured or not, just roll with Tyrod Taylor the rest of the way. With the current OL we have, we're doing to get Jones killed and injured worse. The season is a botched and lost cause anyway. Why play Jones just to see him running for his life and getting pounded on 90% of drop backs? This can only hurt him.

It's so ass backwards. 

You don't throw money at a QB who needs a running game.

Then completely ignore the Oline. 

Schoen didn't ignore the OL. Gettleman ignored the O-Line in 2021 and said we didn't need to. We haven't recovered yet from that.

The O-Line is missing their best player and the kid they just drafted to play center who had been playing well.

They are also missing a top ten running back.

Their last two games played have been without those 3 guys. 

You'd have more of a point if your said they ignored wide receiver.

Everyone was aware at the beginning of this year we still needed another year of free agency and another year of the draft . Nothing has changed. Remember, Schoen had no cap space last year when he took the job and had to get rid of Toney because the fucker wouldn't prepare to play for us

9 hours ago, gmenroc said:

For the record, I like Schoen and Daboll and want both of them to see this through.  If that means working though the Jones era, then I am here for it.

That said, we are the worst of 32 rosters right now.

I just didn't expect such a 180 in terms of field product.

Guess that's what happens when you are against contenders instead of scrubs like last year. 

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

I just didn't expect such a 180 in terms of field product.

Guess that's what happens when you are against contenders instead of scrubs like last year. 

I certainly expected more this year too.  We are the scrubs...that is a bitter pill.

10 hours ago, boohyah said:

Schoen didn't ignore the OL. Gettleman ignored the O-Line in 2021 and said we didn't need to. We haven't recovered yet from that.

The O-Line is missing their best player and the kid they just drafted to play center who had been playing well.

Everyone was aware at the beginning of this year we still needed another year of free agency and another year of the draft . Nothing has changed. Remember, Schoen had no cap space last year when he took the job and had to get rid of Toney because the fucker wouldn't prepare to play for us

I get it that Schoen has put assets into the OL last year, but it just hasn't worked out, and they were not good on paper coming into the season. The Giants OL is not an Andrew Thomas away from being good, or even average. They came into the season with 4 out of 5 starting spots being questionable, and wishful thinking. Bredeson and Glowinski are bums, Neal and JMS were unproven and we were relying on them to take a leap (as I always say, you can get away with one, maybe two "wishful thinking" guys on the OL IF the other guys on the OL are solid, which they weren't on this team).

Sorry, but $11M for Barkely, $4M for Campbell, and $10M for Leonard Williams (appox cap savings before they altered his deal), could have been used on the OL. Minus shuffling the practice squad, Schoen didn't put anything into the OL this offseason....like at all.

Also, why the fuck are Peart and Lemieux even on this roster? They're not even backup caliber lineman, lol. 

29 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I get it that Schoen has put assets into the OL last year, but it just hasn't worked out, and they were not good on paper coming into the season. The Giants OL is not an Andrew Thomas away from being good, or even average. They came into the season with 4 out of 5 starting spots being questionable, and wishful thinking. Bredeson and Glowinski are bums, Neal and JMS were unproven and we were relying on them to take a leap (as I always say, you can get away with one, maybe two "wishful thinking" guys on the OL IF the other guys on the OL are solid, which they weren't on this team).

Sorry, but $11M for Barkely, $4M for Campbell, and $10M for Leonard Williams (appox cap savings before they altered his deal), could have been used on the OL. Minus shuffling the practice squad, Schoen didn't put anything into the OL this offseason....like at all.

Also, why the fuck are Peart and Lemieux even on this roster? They're not even backup caliber lineman, lol. 

Lemieux is on the roster because the head coach keeps starting him. 

11 hours ago, boohyah said:

Spot on.   And let's not forget that fucking WR we got who didn't feel like playing... 

19 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

OMG a blast from the past... can he still walk now?  I am really asking... not trying to be funny.

Remember he got a neck injury after his rookie season and the doctors told him he might not play again, so he added nine inches of muscle to his neck. 

I know he was the butt of a lot of jokes with JackStroud fellating him at every opportunity (joemorris had a DnD Online group called the "Cult of Blackburn" lol) but he really was a tough, selfless player.  We could use some more Chase Blackburns on the team.