SportsWrath

Jones.

BlueInCanada

3 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Remember he got a neck injury after his rookie season and the doctors told him he might not play again, so he added nine inches of muscle to his neck. 

I know he was the butt of a lot of jokes with JackStroud fellating him at every opportunity (joemorris had a DnD Online group called the "Cult of Blackburn" lol) but he really was a tough, selfless player.  We could use some more Chase Blackburns on the team. 

For sure mang... I was always a Chase Blackburn Acolyte... for sure. :rock:

15 hours ago, boohyah said:

Schoen didn't ignore the OL. Gettleman ignored the O-Line in 2021 and said we didn't need to. We haven't recovered yet from that.

The O-Line is missing their best player and the kid they just drafted to play center who had been playing well.

They are also missing a top ten running back.

Their last two games played have been without those 3 guys. 

You'd have more of a point if your said they ignored wide receiver.

Everyone was aware at the beginning of this year we still needed another year of free agency and another year of the draft . Nothing has changed. Remember, Schoen had no cap space last year when he took the job and had to get rid of Toney because the fucker wouldn't prepare to play for us

15 hours ago, gmenroc said:

For the record, I like Schoen and Daboll and want both of them to see this through.  If that means working though the Jones era, then I am here for it.

That said, we are the worst of 32 rosters right now.

I feel you both and I have stated that it is a three year process (there is that word again) to rebuild to just to be fair/good.  Three to five years to go after a Super Bowl in a realistic fashion.  I want Schoen and Daboll to get comfortable here and pick/choose their own team... not be reliant on what was here before... also move away from turning this into Buffalo Bills South.  We beat the Bills in the Superbowl 33 years ago and that is not the way... even now. We just have to be patient... I think they are missing the dudes Booyah pointed out, they have a swamp of cap space... also they have to pick another OL in the draft, get some Free Agent OL and maybe ride DJ/Barkley for what they are worth and gently move on from them.  I have been in these situations often where you step into being the big boss over someone else's (before you) vision.  You have to take the reins, right the ship, try to figure what the previous regime tried to do... then present your master plan and try to use as much of the previous way as possible.  There will be missteps along the way... and you may lose a person or two.  That is too be expected and that is okay.  This is a three-five year relationship (at least) and if Mara has learned his lesson, he will leave this alone next year and the year after.  If by year five we still suck... then the Schoen/Daboll regime should be gone.  I think Schoen/Daboll will be alright in the long run.  We should run with them IMHO. :cheers:

4 hours ago, mastershake said:

I get it that Schoen has put assets into the OL last year, but it just hasn't worked out, and they were not good on paper coming into the season. The Giants OL is not an Andrew Thomas away from being good, or even average. They came into the season with 4 out of 5 starting spots being questionable, and wishful thinking. Bredeson and Glowinski are bums, Neal and JMS were unproven and we were relying on them to take a leap (as I always say, you can get away with one, maybe two "wishful thinking" guys on the OL IF the other guys on the OL are solid, which they weren't on this team).

Sorry, but $11M for Barkely, $4M for Campbell, and $10M for Leonard Williams (appox cap savings before they altered his deal), could have been used on the OL. Minus shuffling the practice squad, Schoen didn't put anything into the OL this offseason....like at all.

Also, why the fuck are Peart and Lemieux even on this roster? They're not even backup caliber lineman, lol. 

I would not have put $5 into Campbell who is undersized and bobbles, drops and/or does not catch lollipop passes thrown his way.  Out of all of them he is worth Jack Shit IMHO.  Barkley was OK being marked this year, as we knew and see he gets hurt and misses play time.  It may not be his fault, this is what is.  Next year let him walk, and if DJ can't produce without his security blanket then it is way past time to move on.  I have been watching Giants QB's since Tarkenton and I have no compassion.  They are interchangeable and move on.  I liked Tarkenton, Simms, Hostetler, Collins (even with his happy feet during the Super Bowl), and Eli.  That is it.  All of them were one of a kind and I always thought of them as essential Giants.  The only one to get away was Tarkenton to the Vikings when you had another era of Giants in the early 70s who thought they were one player away.  Sounds familiar.  We are several players away... I am like the old coach PLAYOFFS...PLAYOFFS!?! I AM JUST TRYING TO WIN A GAME... :laugh:

When it rains, it pours.   This team looks terrible… and it’s. “Thank  you Mr Obvious”, said BIC “I’ll be here all night” replied the good looking man from the desert.   

But… big Butt (Bun intended).. (Board erupts in laughter 😂).   The good looking man continues… what if we start winning.  

Ok nvm, we suck.  Good night and good luck.

:mic-drop:

8 hours ago, Nas said:

When it rains, it pours.   This team looks terrible… and it’s. “Thank  you Mr Obvious”, said BIC “I’ll be here all night” replied the good looking man from the desert.   

But… big Butt (Bun intended).. (Board erupts in laughter 😂).   The good looking man continues… what if we start winning.  

Ok nvm, we suck.  Good night and good luck.

:mic-drop:

im dumber for having read whatever the hell this is. 

9 minutes ago, Herc said:

Good, they lead the league in sacks.  

Bills are certainly not the team you want to play with a sore neck QB

I think this is going to end up being one of the least watched Sunday Night football games of the year if not ever.

15 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

One of the biggest issues with Jones has been his durability. 

Guess we'll see if we can look any worse with Tyrod. 

Well durability is pretty directly correlated to how many times he is getting sacked and hit...  

2 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

We're going at least 1-5, and then 1-6 either way at this point, no matter the QB.

Frankly, I'd rather we don't get Jones killed and don't kill his confidence at this point, and just roll with Tyrod for now.

And another thing.

If you know for a fact a guy is injury prone like Jones, why the fuck sign him to a 160 million dollar deal when you can even get the Oline right? 

lol 

It's so ass backwards. 

It's like if they drafted Eli without that Oline in place prior to 2003. 

Actually it's exactly what happened to Jones.