SportsWrath

Jones.

BlueInCanada

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Eli got sacked plenty of times. 

He's been left bleeding on the field. 

And he didn't miss a single game. 

So many Giant fans really didn't appreciate just how tough and how much of a gamer Eli was. It really came full circle when he got brutally assaulted in that 2012 playoff game vs the 49ers, but was a consistent theme throughout his career.

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also if this was a random injury say a chest injury I would agree.

But it's not.

It's his neck.

Again. 

For the third time in five years.

But yeah he's totally dependable lol

Neck injuries are scary.  If I’m DJ, I take my money and walk.    This has shit with his durability and everything with the OL that’s missing starters and wasn’t very good even with those starters.

Hang ‘em up, DJ.

On 10/11/2023 at 8:48 PM, mastershake said:

So many Giant fans really didn't appreciate just how tough and how much of a gamer Eli was. It really came full circle when he got brutally assaulted in that 2012 playoff game vs the 49ers, but was a consistent theme throughout his career.

Yeah you look at the QBs this year.

Richardson is a dynamic player and looks to be the real deal but he has gotten hurt in 3 of the 5 games he's been in.

Burrow is nursing that calf injury. 

Bryce has been hurt in Carolina.

Meanwhile Eli just shook off getting killed in games like they were nothing.

You hit the nail on the head you appreciate it now that he's gone. 

On 10/11/2023 at 9:22 PM, Nas said:

Neck injuries are scary.  If I’m DJ, I take my money and walk.    This has shit with his durability and everything with the OL that’s missing starters and wasn’t very good even with those starters.

Hang ‘em up, DJ.

That was one of my worries giving him the cash he got, he has only played one season healthy, and has a history of neck injuries.

Even if we did have a decent Oline all it takes is a TJ Watt screaming full speed into Jones to take him out of the game.

It's what ended Payton's career all those neck injuries.

This... neck injuries and being barely able to walk, paraplegic, quadriplegic and/or dead by 35 is a definite no go.  A terrible face mask in the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred Three Score and Seven (1967) caused my oldest brother to leave football permanently.  This was then before major money... I can only imagine now.  Leave now and enjoy your windfall while you can still walk normally.  Your body is forever... football at this level for most guys is a 3-10 year deal.  It is a non issue for me.  How many people still talk about Pisarcik, Dave Brown, Scott Brunner, Danny Kannell, Graham a host of sucking Giants QB's now.  Who really cares other than die hards.  Go to the bank, get your money, pay your bills and get on with your life.