SportsWrath

Barkley-just a sprain

gmenroc

I'm no doctor of course... but the way his ankle turned, it looked like one of those "roll your ankle, but the wrong way," which usually means closer to 4-5 weeks. 

I do not want to rush him back.  He rushed back his sophomore year from a similar injury and looked very pedestrian. 

23 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I'm no doctor of course... but the way his ankle turned, it looked like one of those "roll your ankle, but the wrong way," which usually means closer to 4-5 weeks. 

I do not want to rush him back.  He rushed back his sophomore year from a similar injury and looked very pedestrian. 

Ankles are tricky things for sure...    I would not be shocked if it effects him the rest of the season 

He was cleared of the high ankle sprain.  If he is off of it and only does light stretching on it to maintain some level of range of motion and avoid the stiffness 3 weeks from now, 3 weeks sounds about right.

I have sprained my ankles many times, to the point of crutches and various types of support, and I was always done with that stuff after 3 weeks...but the soreness and stiffness and regaining flexibility was always the worst part.

Figure with the million dollar care these guys get and his importance to the team, his recovery will surpass anything most of us have access to. 

Oh, I think drafting Grey was a way of hedging that bet.  In the good news camp, we will be able to evaluate Grey in-season.

Either way, I can't see them bringing Barkley back long term.  There is a small chance they tag him again, but I tend to doubt that.

Barkley is worth double digits...but low double digits...I am good with 10-12 per with injury outs...but nothing longer than 2 or 3 years.

48 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Grey looked horrible in preseason.  Just throwing that out there. 

Also, he's slow. 

Wouldn't say horrible...would say about right given draft.  If he can give 3 or 4 yards consistently, it'll be enough.  That's not too much to ask, no?

Though it's moot against the 49ers.

On 9/18/2023 at 9:55 AM, Chuck Wagon said:

His dog still hates him.

C. Wagon

On 9/18/2023 at 11:23 AM, Giants Shredder said:

Oh yes I forgot about that! Scumbag fuck!

9 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

12 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Agreed - lets see what we have in the rookie. Am glad the 49ers game is one that he will miss - because I have zero hope we win that one. 

9 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

Ankles are tricky things for sure...    I would not be shocked if it effects him the rest of the season 

6 hours ago, gmenroc said:

He was cleared of the high ankle sprain.  If he is off of it and only does light stretching on it to maintain some level of range of motion and avoid the stiffness 3 weeks from now, 3 weeks sounds about right.

I have sprained my ankles many times, to the point of crutches and various types of support, and I was always done with that stuff after 3 weeks...but the soreness and stiffness and regaining flexibility was always the worst part.

Figure with the million dollar care these guys get and his importance to the team, his recovery will surpass anything most of us have access to. 

Tiki Barber... (look at the source) said that RB's play with ankle sprains 90% of the time.  After a couple of weeks off they will probably tape him up and send him back out there.  Most high ankle sprains have a slight fracture, tendon or ligaments tear that really needs to heal like a pure fracture... 6 to 8 weeks at least.  Too often in football they bring someone back when they are 60-70% when another week or two would heal them up closer to 80-90%. 

4 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Oh well - Daboll isnt ruling out Barkley even for Thursday. He said Barkley felt much better next day and was even able to put weight on it. Maybe mind games - but am sure he the 9ers game - but maybe thats it. If thats the case - THANK GOD

Yeah I assume it is just some gamemanship....    they want the 9ers to have to plan for Barkley and no Barkley

14 hours ago, Nas said:

I’m not too thrilled with Olujari… hype with no production and seems always hurt.

Replace this with practically anyone the Giants drafted the last 10 years and it still is true. 

lol 

But yeah I was super excited for Ojulari, dude hasn't really shown that potential. 

My new conspiracy theory

Saquon was never injured. The giants felt strongly they were going to win the game and had SB game an injury, hence the huge angry reaction on the sideline, have played coy all week about his availability because they know with the short week of prep, SF will have to choose to game plan either with or without Saquon and will default to the giants playing it safe with him. Giants come out with a full strength Saquon hoping SF has just spent several days assuming he was going to be out.