SportsWrath

It's gameday folks.

BlueInCanada

2 minutes ago, Herc said:

Yeah, metlife has a rep at this point.  The niners brought it up a while back when they had a few bad injuries on it and Logan Ryan was critical of it last year.  I always figured it was just a general turf issue but people who’d know better than me keep pointing at it

Looking at it I can see it sucks

It is hard to keep a top-notch grass stadium up north and east, when you have two pro teams on it

At this point just bomb the "grass" and start over with a turf expert running the show

29 minutes ago, Nas said:

The Cowboys and Eagles always play us like it's their super bowl....  As shitty as the game was, we were in it... I wonder if Galloday's benching made him rusty... man he really needs to wake the f up... 

Yes, I agree completely

When I was watching tennis, I could see it

People going up against Serena and Nadal treated it as a finals

So, they would play out of their heads and promptly get beat in the next round

How people have you ever heard of again beyond those few days/weeks after they beat Serena, Federer, Nadal, or Djokovic

None of them :mellow:

27 minutes ago, Herc said:

Yeah, metlife has a rep at this point.  The niners brought it up a while back when they had a few bad injuries on it and Logan Ryan was critical of it last year.  I always figured it was just a general turf issue but people who’d know better than me keep pointing at it

I know nothing about how it is made, laid, and maintained...but the shit at the Met just doesnt look right. That shine it has just makes me think its too slick or something. ...maybe too new.

I have to think, given the state of Ag tech....- with  lawns, golf courses, and indoor stadiums like the one in Vegas with "natural" turf......or even Lambeau..that there is a natural or hybred natural/synthetic options that can take two pro teams playing on it.

Has to be.

C. Wagon

3 hours ago, mastershake said:

Yep. Also if you watched Tae Crowder and Micah McFadden closely, they in particular were lost all night.

Ojulari and Thibs were non factors, and I think I saw in a few instances it was specifically them losing contain at times.

Adoree Jackson, who's generally been good, was bad last night.

Last night it seemed like Xman and Dexter Lawrence were the only defenders who showed up last night, to a lesser extent Julian Love too.

Should be realistic about things. Dallas is a much better team. They are not going under a rebuild. They have a good offensive line. Their guys are getting older, but they are still good. When Philly plays them, they are going to get a wakeup call. 

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also no more gameday threads for me.

The streak ends week 3.

RIP in Pepperonies 

Yeah, and no more game gear for me on game day either. Last night was the first time in a few years where, not only did I watch the full game, but had on a new Gmen T shirt and slippers my old lady bought me. Everyone at work picked the Giants too. I knew we wuz doomed. 

2 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I know nothing about how it is made, laid, and maintained...but the shit at the Met just doesnt look right. That shine it has just makes me think its too slick or something. ...maybe too new.

I have to think, given the state of Ag tech....- with  lawns, golf courses, and indoor stadiums like the one in Vegas with "natural" turf......or even Lambeau..that there is a natural or hybred natural/synthetic options that can take two pro teams playing on it.

Has to be.

C. Wagon

We use the expensive hybrid seed used to the desert and winter conditions

Everyone ese uses landscapers and cheap seed

Our lawn is one of the best in this neighborhood

When I find the name of the seed and post it

2 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Yeah, and no more game gear for me on game day either. Last night was the first time in a few years where, not only did I watch the full game, but had on a new Gmen T shirt and slippers my old lady bought me. Everyone at work picked the Giants too. I knew we wuz doomed. 

You jinxed us :rules:

2 hours ago, BronxRik said:

So no more creating gameday threads for me, and Rik isn't going to wear clothes anymore on gameday.

Championship! 

15 hours ago, jranieli said:

Should be realistic about things. Dallas is a much better team. They are not going under a rebuild. They have a good offensive line. Their guys are getting older, but they are still good. When Philly plays them, they are going to get a wakeup call. 

Dallas has almost 70% of their roster who are draft picks. They overwhelmed the OL and targeted Evan Neal specifically - i think it was an excellent learning experience for him. Its OK. DJ played a great game - 21 QB pressures plus 5 sacks is an NFL record - thats 40+ percentage of the OL fucking up the entire game. He still continuously made plays, looked downfield in every opportunity and used his legs when needed. I truly hope he is our franchise QB - no kid should go through the shit that he has. He was still zipping throws all over. In that kind of a situation the WRs need to help him out - but they let him down badly. Those 2 drops were fuckall....and the zebras didnt help much. DJ must feel devastated actually. The INT was also because the WR slipped and fell down. Even after that - like a true NY QB he never blabbed one bit. If the OL gets a fire lit under their ass after this absolute embarrassment maybe we can content. Next week Chicago is a very winnable game - and I hope Barkley features heavily.

1 hour ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Dallas has almost 70% of their roster who are draft picks. They overwhelmed the OL and targeted Evan Neal specifically - i think it was an excellent learning experience for him. Its OK. DJ played a great game - 21 QB pressures plus 5 sacks is an NFL record - thats 40+ percentage of the OL fucking up the entire game. He still continuously made plays, looked downfield in every opportunity and used his legs when needed. I truly hope he is our franchise QB - no kid should go through the shit that he has. He was still zipping throws all over. In that kind of a situation the WRs need to help him out - but they let him down badly. Those 2 drops were fuckall....and the zebras didnt help much. DJ must feel devastated actually. The INT was also because the WR slipped and fell down. Even after that - like a true NY QB he never blabbed one bit. If the OL gets a fire lit under their ass after this absolute embarrassment maybe we can content. Next week Chicago is a very winnable game - and I hope Barkley features heavily.

This is spot on.

6 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Welcome to the league rookie. He will turn out fine.