SportsWrath

It's gameday folks.

BlueInCanada

17 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Another thing. The downside to winks system was on display tonight. We kept rushing and Dallas eventually exposed the secondary.Which goes to show how big LW missing is. But this is the system and we are going to have to get used of it.

Personnel is a factor too. The secondary position on this team is thin. LB's are putrid, and our DE/OLBs continuously lost contain. Not having Leonard Williams hurt too.

1 hour ago, boohyah said:

Another thing. The downside to winks system was on display tonight. We kept rushing and Dallas eventually exposed the secondary.Which goes to show how big LW missing is. But this is the system and we are going to have to get used of it.

To be fair we don't have the talent on the defense either outside of a handful of guys. 

Ward is our best LB by far and he would be a rotational guy on most other teams, the LBs are paper thin and don't provide much in terms of rushing the passer. 

Thibs and Ojulari are shaking off the rust and are basically starting their season now, I expect them to be better in a few weeks. 

Leonard was hurt and he gets decent inside push along side Dex.  

Outside of McKinney (who's on his way to a pro bowl) and Jackson our secondary is almost as thin as the LB core.

I do agree though heavy blitz schemes do expose you to the big play, however if or when we get some more talent on the team and guys develop, we should be seeing more sacks and less of it.

10 hours ago, Herc said:

Also that turf continues to suck 

Agreed.

I know both teams have to play on it but Jesus....when on the same critical series.....you can't get a grip for a cut when you need it without slipping (Stills)...right after the shit grips like a bear trap for no good reason and blows a kids leg out (Sheppard).....something is fucked up.

Put in the shit hey have in Vegas.

C. Wagon

Sheps didn’t look like a turf thing.  His feet didn’t get stuck or anything.   Looks like his shit just popped. 

and jets play on the same turf but pretty sure are one of the lesser injured teams over recent years. 

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

This roster is so awful.   

Yep. Also if you watched Tae Crowder and Micah McFadden closely, they in particular were lost all night.

Ojulari and Thibs were non factors, and I think I saw in a few instances it was specifically them losing contain at times.

Adoree Jackson, who's generally been good, was bad last night.

Last night it seemed like Xman and Dexter Lawrence were the only defenders who showed up last night, to a lesser extent Julian Love too.

17 minutes ago, 기둥서방 said:

Sheps didn’t look like a turf thing.  His feet didn’t get stuck or anything.   Looks like his shit just popped. 

and jets play on the same turf but pretty sure are one of the lesser injured teams over recent years. 

Looked to me like it buckled when he tried to stop P.

I am more speaking to the freak no contract or light contact injures the Gmen seem to get...but I have no stats on it and it all probably just coincidence.

Bottom line really is.......I just hate field turf..all of it and all forms. ...I think it looks like shit..and makes all stadiums that have it...sort of look the same on TV. That, and the last came I went to at the Met ..was a MNF game.....when the lights hit is...its shines....very distracting.

C. Wgaon

50 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Looked to me like it buckled when he tried to stop P.

I am more speaking to the freak no contract or light contact injures the Gmen seem to get...but I have no stats on it and it all probably just coincidence.

Bottom line really is.......I just hate field turf..all of it and all forms. ...I think it looks like shit..and makes all stadiums that have it...sort of look the same on TV. That, and the last came I went to at the Met ..was a MNF game.....when the lights hit is...its shines....very distracting.

C. Wgaon

14 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Just go back to the Astro turf with a good cushion liner if this shit can't hold up

Much better than seeing these phantom injuries

I think it's probably a lot of things. Performance enhancers where these kids get their muscles juiced up but their connective tissues can't keep up is a big problem as well. 

31 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I think it's probably a lot of things. Performance enhancers where these kids get their muscles juiced up but their connective tissues can't keep up is a big problem as well. 

I hear that

That is a big part of it

They go all out at university but that is only three or four years, and they transfer this mindset to the NFL

Recipes for disaster ;)

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Not...The Real Stadium...probably mid 60s.

C. Wagon

Check this out

New York Giants - Home Stadiums | Heritage Uniforms and Jerseys and Stadiums - NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, NCAA, US Colleges (heritagesportsart.com)

Giants Stadium was the best

I went there several times for games and concerts

Bad access to transportation though, especially buses and trains

MetLife Stadium sucks

If they change the grass, they probably have to ask the Jets if it is okay :TD:

12 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

To be clear, the Cowboys are mediocre. This not a ‘glad to be in it’ kind of game. Bad team vs mediocre team and it showed.

The Cowboys and Eagles always play us like it's their super bowl....  As shitty as the game was, we were in it... I wonder if Galloday's benching made him rusty... man he really needs to wake the f up... 

2 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Agreed.

I know both teams have to play on it but Jesus....when on the same critical series.....you can't get a grip for a cut when you need it without slipping (Stills)...right after the shit grips like a bear trap for no good reason and blows a kids leg out (Sheppard).....something is fucked up.

C. Wagon

It boggles my mind that anyone let alone a pro team plays on turf.    It wasn't enough that we spent a whole lot more on our stadium than Dallas and yet theirs look way more attractive.. 

3 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

To be fair we don't have the talent on the defense either outside of a handful of guys. 

Ward is our best LB by far and he would be a rotational guy on most other teams, the LBs are paper thin and don't provide much in terms of rushing the passer. 

Thibs and Ojulari are shaking off the rust and are basically starting their season now, I expect them to be better in a few weeks. 

Leonard was hurt and he gets decent inside push along side Dex.  

Outside of McKinney (who's on his way to a pro bowl) and Jackson our secondary is almost as thin as the LB core.

I do agree though heavy blitz schemes do expose you to the big play, however if or when we get some more talent on the team and guys develop, we should be seeing more sacks and less of it.

The point isn't personnel as much as there's no plan b.

Obviously if we get better players, we should see improvement. And the kids we drafted should get better

2 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Agreed.

C. Wagon

Yeah, metlife has a rep at this point.  The niners brought it up a while back when they had a few bad injuries on it and Logan Ryan was critical of it last year.  I always figured it was just a general turf issue but people who’d know better than me keep pointing at it