SportsWrath

Maurice Jones-Drew is an Idiot

BronxRik

Donald and Lawrence sure, Donald being one of my favorite defenders of all time since Strahan retired. 

Prime time? I understand the guy was a ball hawk and had a good feel for reading where the QB was going with the ball, and could swing a game with his pick six plays he made all to common.

But dude is far from the best corner to ever play the game or even as a defender. 

1 hour ago, jranieli said:

Wasn't Sanders like a 99 in Madden or around there for a long time? 

Yes, every year he gets a 99 in Madden.

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

You need to do three things as a corner;  cover, provide run support, tackle. 

Sanders was great, but he was only great at one of those things. 

Great might even be an understatement to how well he was in coverage, he would routinely shut down the other teams best WR, or take away half the field for passing.   But you are right, was not the guy who was going to stick his nose in there and blow up a run

25 minutes ago, jranieli said:

one of the best showboaters ever

He still runs his mouth better than most 

3 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

Great might even be an understatement to how well he was in coverage, he would routinely shut down the other teams best WR, or take away half the field for passing.   But you are right, was not the guy who was going to stick his nose in there and blow up a run

Dude, he really did.  Somebody like Andre Rison or Irving Fryar would be playing and catch an eight yard out halfway through the third... and I'd be like, "oh, that guy's playing today?"  He just made the other team's best WR disappear. 

I dunno. If I’m picking any CB ever to build an ultimate team. It’s Prime Time. Maybe not the best defender of all time. But best corner of all time for sure. Yeah he wasn’t going to provide much in run super, but fuck that. I want my corner taking away the other teams biggest threat, and he did that.   I’ve got safeties I can put in the box for run support with DS out there. 

10 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Exactly... I remember watching him and it was cover only.  The rest was really bad.  RB's loved running over Neon Deon.  He was shit doing run support or tackling.  

3 hours ago, jranieli said:

I would like to see Donald retired before he is put on a pedestal. LT, White, and Singletary are my list in no order.

RW was a beast... and a good lineman up there with Strahan IMHO.  Hands down LT was the game changing best.  I saw him live in 81 and they used to block an LB with an RB, HB, FB or TE.  They tried that in 81 with LT and he would take the defender and drop him into the lap of the QB.  In 1982 they started blocking him with Tackles and Guards which was better.  Problem was that these guys were usually too slow to catch him outside. :laugh:

20 hours ago, BronxRik said:

Thanks for the article... all of these athletic Left Tackles owes their existence to LT.

5 hours ago, BronxRik said:

My point was that he ranked Primetime as his number 1 over LT as his number 3. He's an idiot. And the only one that didn't rank LT as his number 1. 

I’m putting LT at 1 too. But as far as to 3 I can’t disagree with any of the people mentioned. DL and LB heavy, i feel like there were some safeties who could be included in that discussion.  

my list is probably LT, Prime Time, and probably Donald. Though Bruce Smith, Reggie White, etc all are good choices. Tough question. I mean at what point are guys that had short but game changing / truly dominant primes in the discussion?   JJ Watt, Troy Polomonu, Patrick Willis?  

13 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I fucking hated him and I don’t use the word hate often… he was a phony and an arrogant prick… the opposite of Barry Sanders.

17 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

I dunno. If I’m picking any CB ever to build an ultimate team. It’s Prime Time. Maybe not the best defender of all time. But best corner of all time for sure. Yeah he wasn’t going to provide much in run super, but fuck that. I want my corner taking away the other teams biggest threat, and he did that.   I’ve got safeties I can put in the box for run support with DS out there. 

I guess it depends. I'm taking Revis over Deion, or if we can have any player from any year... I'm taking 1997 Jason Sehorn.  That dude shut down everyone that year and was a run-tackling machine.  

I always think of where he'd be if not for the ACL injury.  His career was pretty much over after that... but for 2-3 years he was the best corner in the NFL.   Rod Woodson had a shot to be the best ever as well before his ACL. 

11 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Exactly... I remember watching him and it was cover only.  The rest was really bad.  RB's loved running over Neon Deon.  He was shit doing run support or tackling.  

Oh... he got run over by everybody. 

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I just want to take a moment to reflect on how great that OL looks compared to what we've seen the last fucking decade. 

Brown could have taken a picnic lunch in that pocket. 

3 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I guess it depends. I'm taking Revis over Deion, or if we can have any player from any year... I'm taking 1997 Jason Sehorn.  That dude shut down everyone that year and was a run-tackling machine.  

I always think of where he'd be if not for the ACL injury.  His career was pretty much over after that... but for 2-3 years he was the best corner in the NFL.   Rod Woodson had a shot to be the best ever as well before his ACL. 

I agree with this bro... Jason before the issue was shut down and could tackle... whereas Woodson was very effective and nasty.  I would take Woodson over Sanders and a healthy Sehorn over Sanders.  Though Sanders was good... he was a liability tackling anyone.  RB's looked to mess up his face. :laugh:

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

I just want to take a moment to reflect on how great that OL looks compared to what we've seen the last fucking decade. 

Brown could have taken a picnic lunch in that pocket. 

For sure bro... George Young really wasted two years with a team that could have won with either Simms or Hostetler.  Dave Fucking Brown has disappeared... let us hope for good.  I never liked Duke and never will for spawning Dave Fucking Brown. :laugh:

3 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Deon lovers like to say that Dave Brown was way bigger... well you never hear of other small CB's being trucked on the regular.  Even Deon himself said I get paid to intercept not tackle. :laugh: