SportsWrath

Maurice Jones-Drew is an Idiot

BronxRik

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I agree with this bro... Jason before the issue was shut down and could tackle... whereas Woodson was very effective and nasty.  I would take Woodson over Sanders and a healthy Sehorn over Sanders.  Though Sanders was good... he was a liability tackling anyone.  RB's looked to mess up his face. :laugh:

I too think Woodson was a superior player to Sanders.

Sehorn, well.... he had promise.

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I agree with this bro... Jason before the issue was shut down and could tackle... whereas Woodson was very effective and nasty.  I would take Woodson over Sanders and a healthy Sehorn over Sanders.  Though Sanders was good... he was a liability tackling anyone.  RB's looked to mess up his face. :laugh:

I too think Woodson was a superior player to Sanders.

Sehorn, well.... he had promise.

9 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Liability tackling is what you refer to as Pussy.

On 6/8/2022 at 10:11 AM, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Deon lovers like to say that Dave Brown was way bigger... well you never hear of other small CB's being trucked on the regular.  Even Deon himself said I get paid to intercept not tackle. :laugh:

There is a play in a NFC championship game Cboys vs 9ers....a 4 down.....inches....Dion totally dove.....called it "a business decision".

C. Wagon

4 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

There is a play in a NFC championship game Cboys vs 9ers....a 4 down.....inches....Dion totally dove.....called it "a business decision".

C. Wagon

:laugh: I think I remember seeing that bro.  The Deon we know and "love". :laugh:

On 6/16/2022 at 5:34 PM, Chuck Wagon said:

C. Wagon

I looked up the term "business decision" in the Brooklyn Book of Mortals; translation: Pussy!!! 

I also looked the term up in the Yemen Book of Mortals; translation: Pussy!!!

Sorry guys, in late on this but I see Sehorn's name being mentioned in the same breath as Sanders and Woodson, and sorry, he has no business there. Sanders changed the game out there and Woodson was a great overall corner. Plus both of them could kick return. Sehorn at his best was decent.

10 hours ago, boohyah said:

Sorry guys, in late on this but I see Sehorn's name being mentioned in the same breath as Sanders and Woodson, and sorry, he has no business there. Sanders changed the game out there and Woodson was a great overall corner. Plus both of them could kick return. Sehorn at his best was decent.

One the three was a pussy who couldn’t tackle for shit.   Now, maybe I was on the younger side to see him play… I only saw a big-mouthed overhyped corner and nothing else.   Any football player who can’t tackle should be banished from the sport…. 

12 hours ago, boohyah said:

Yeah. Sehorn was almost, but for a horrible injury, a pro bowl level corner. He isn't in the all-time great discussion.

Another guy I think was better than Sanders: Darrell Green. Every bit the coverage talent as Sanders, just as fast if not faster to my recollection, and none of the obscene self-promotion.

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Yeah. Sehorn was almost, but for a horrible injury, a pro bowl level corner. He isn't in the all-time great discussion.

Another guy I think was better than Sanders: Darrell Green. Every bit the coverage talent as Sanders, just as fast if not faster to my recollection, and none of the obscene self-promotion.

Yeahi forgot About green. Agree with that

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

35 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Yeahi forgot About green. Agree with that

Rod Woodson is my guy.. 

40 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

I just can’t seem to remember as much about him. I think of him as a safety

Admittedly I don’t remember much about him either but from what little I can remember, he was a beast…. I just don’t see Sanders the same way.   I mean if you can’t tackle and unless you’re a QB, then you’re disqualified as a football player… and that goes for kickers too.

11 hours ago, Nas said:

One the three was a pussy who couldn’t tackle for shit.   Now, maybe I was on the younger side to see him play… I only saw a big-mouthed overhyped corner and nothing else.   Any football player who can’t tackle should be banished from the sport…. 

There were several years where you didn't throw anywhere near Sanders as it was almost an automatic interception. He wasn't a committed tackler but he did some. 

Darelle Revis is the guy who should be up on the same mantle. 

31 minutes ago, boohyah said:

There were several years where you didn't throw anywhere near Sanders as it was almost an automatic interception. He wasn't a committed tackler but he did some. 

Darelle Revis is the guy who should be up on the same mantle. 

I’ll take a one legged Revis over that poser anytime.   

9 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

This... Sehorn was a good FS and a decent CB.  Injury fucked him up for good.  Green was better than Sanders.

Stupid list to put Deion in there. Oh and even Aaron Donald - yes, one of the best to play the game - but the dude was talking retirement already. There are people who have played longer careers and have sustained that kind of intensity. Id hold back on Aaron Donald for now until he actually retires. LT is someone who changed the game the way it is played on both sides of the ball. Thats a whole new diff level of game planning.