SportsWrath

The Giants have not exercised Daniel Jones 5th year option, per source

jranieli

29 minutes ago, Tempest said:

That is interesting.  Really thought it was just a given they were going to do it.  That neck injury last season really must scare them long term.

I think he simply hasn't been good enough.

And the scary thing is, despite not being good enough, often he was also the best player on offense.

52 minutes ago, Tempest said:

That is interesting.  Really thought it was just a given they were going to do it.  That neck injury last season really must scare them long term.

I think it's his three years of film that has them scared long term. 

I think Jones is mature enough to know that he didn't perform up to his draft pick and didn't earn that 5th year option.  And with the new staff, I gotta believe the writing was on the wall for him that this year would be the deciding factor.

Could be starter in 2023 for us, or could be a bust and career backup.  High stakes for him in 2022.

19 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

And the scary thing is, despite not being good enough, often he was also the best player on offense.

This... if he can run around and survive, he might be a backup somewhere.  2023 He will probably not be a Giant.

On 4/28/2022 at 4:23 PM, CrazedDogs said:

Well, given what you just said, this just means he needs better pieces around him to be adequate or good.

Hell no... we would still have Graham, or Kanell... worse Brown if we had that mindset.  Sometimes you are a Simms, Hostetler, and/or Eli type... other times you are a bust or back bencher.  Sometimes you just have to elevate the guys around you.

6 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

So are we just supposed to hold onto him for another three years while the team is being built? 

There are only so many things a team can do.   Right now is not the time to upgrade the position…. There were no sure-fire prospects snd the organization’s salary cap sucks.    I thought we agreed 2022 is his last chance.

besides we have Davis Webb on the roster :wub: