SportsWrath

The QB carosel

BlueInCanada

I know every offseason you see maybe two or three QBs change teams, either via trade of free agency, but this year is nuts.

Trubinsky is in Pittsburg

Mariota is in Atlanta

Ryan is now a Colt

Wentz is a Commie

Watson is a Brown, which mean Baker probably ends up somewhere.

Wilson is a Bronco

Lock is in Seattle.

Garrapaplolo might be on the move too.

The bad part of all of this is that it's really killing the market for one of the QBs in the draft. 

Of all those guys listed, six are playoff QBs, two are Super Bowl QBs, and one has a ring. 

Why would any team take a chance drafting a QB this offseason when you can just nab one of these guys? 

Baker and Jimmy are bother levels above Turd Jones, Jimmy went to SB and would have won if it weren’t for there idiot OC forgetting to run the ball in the second half just like he did in ATL

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

The bad part of all of this is that it's really killing the market for one of the QBs in the draft. 

Of all those guys listed, six are playoff QBs, two are Super Bowl QBs, and one has a ring. 

Why would any team take a chance drafting a QB this offseason when you can just nab one of these guys? 

I think it's the opposite.

Teams that are starved for a QB like Carolina, Texans, Lions, Falcons, etc have no one left to go after for unless they send a 1st for Jimmy or Baker.

Instead they can draft their own guy. 

I'd take the opposite position: why would you waste time on known not-good-enoughs like Garrapolo or Mayfield when you could draft someone who may be good enough?

I wonder looking at these moves if there aren't a few teams thinking Willis, or the small hands guy, are in the cards.... and fifth overall is a decent place to be, because Carolina is one of them, picking sixth. 

Matt Ryan has been horribly misrepresented by the spots pundits, and is one of the great QBs of this era.

The guy puts up ridiculous numbers and has had success in the playoffs. 

He's probably a HoF bound player even if he retired today. 

5 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think it's the opposite.

Teams that are starved for a QB like Carolina, Texans, Lions, Falcons, etc have no one left to go after for unless they send a 1st for Jimmy or Baker.

Instead they can draft their own guy. 

4 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

I'd take the opposite position: why would you waste time on known not-good-enoughs like Garrapolo or Mayfield when you could draft someone who may be good enough?

I wonder looking at these moves if there aren't a few teams thinking Willis, or the small hands guy, are in the cards.... and fifth overall is a decent place to be, because Carolina is one of them, picking sixth. 

If I had a choice of trading my 1st and next year's 1st to move up to #5 and take any of these guys... or to spend those two picks on either Garropolo or Mayfield... it would be a pretty easy choice for me.  Those are both proven, playoff caliber QBs and the best guy from this year's draft (Willis) is pretty much a two-year project just to see if he's even serviceable. 

If I had a choice of trading my 1st and next year's 1st to move up to #5 and take any of these guys... or to spend those two picks on either Garropolo or Mayfield... it would be a pretty easy choice for me.  Those are both proven, playoff caliber QBs and the best guy from this year's draft (Willis) is pretty much a two-year project just to see if he's even serviceable. 

Because Mayfield or maybe Garrapolo will be just barely good enough that you won't be in a position to draft a QB next year. 

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Matt Ryan has been horribly misrepresented by the spots pundits, and is one of the great QBs of this era.

The guy puts up ridiculous numbers and has had success in the playoffs. 

He's probably a HoF bound player even if he retired today. 

He reminds me of Dan Fouts if not Marino...

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

If I had my choice, I'd wait for San Fran/Cleveland to panic and trade a third round pick for either of them.

Then draft Willis/whoever else and let him sit a year or two behind either of those guys.

There's a reason Cleveland and San Fran wanted to move on from them, Garropolo is a less game managing Alex Smith and Mayfield's shoulder is held on by string.

There's also a reason no one in the NFL gave up any day one capitol for either of these guys.

They are all bums - will probably play just as well as Tyrod but will command a much higher price to go nowhere.

DJ is our guy this year - if he flames out then we got no choice but to draft a QB next year - who are the good ones expected in the 2023 draft?

I don’t think we had much of a shot of having willis go in the top 4 anyway.  Houston likes mills, and I would imagine Campbell pushes really hard for one of those o-line or d-line guys—especially if Hutchinson falls to 2. Our best hope is Carolina takes him and it pushes someone nice down to us at 7