SportsWrath

Special teams coordinator

Mr. P

7 hours ago, Tempest said:

I don't have a problem with Thomas McGaughey sticking around.  He has to either fix Riley Dixon or replace him this year.  Maybe he was overworked this year because some of his punts didn't quite travel.

I think we gotta cut him.  He inexplicably makes 3x what a punter of his caliber makes 

On 2/1/2022 at 11:19 PM, Tempest said:

I don't have a problem with Thomas McGaughey sticking around.  He has to either fix Riley Dixon or replace him this year.  Maybe he was overworked this year because some of his punts didn't quite travel.

Punters/Kickers can’t possibly be overworked.

I do which makes me wonder why you respond to my posts (I know actually 😂)

Once in a while I check your posts since you seem to have all the time in the world to be    
on twitter which I assume is the byproduct of having a boring job.

I didn’t know kicking 5 punts can be so fucking tiring…. I thought since I was an athlete who made both HS and College teams and the fact I know thing or two about sports from actually playing them, I have a bit more credibility than some jealous loser from Bummblefuck, NY.   

I had you on ignore and decided to turn the page on New Year’s Day 2022.  Then I saw you’re still a moron and a loser who attacks anyone who disagrees with you (see your stupid remarks to G in the P&R section).   Seeing you’re still a jealous jackass, I put you back on ignore.    I know it bothers you a lot and I’m sorry about that.

On 2/1/2022 at 10:19 PM, Tempest said:

I've always wondered how kickers and punters have those swings of play.

They'll be automatic for years then suddenly just start missing kicks or shanking punts.

Maybe it is a physical thing I know McAfee on his podcast talked about how after every punt and kick his leg would seem to take longer to recover, maybe just the fact they are swinging it so hard. 

Could also just be mental they start playing bad then the jitters set in, much like MLB players and cold streaks. 

Unfortunately unlike the MLB you don't get 300 kicks a year to work it out, you only get 30 or so. 

Or a combination of both.

I mean Dixon is a average punter with a common for a leg, he just somehow forgot how to punt the ball straight this year lol 

23 minutes ago, Nas said:

I do which makes me wonder why you respond to my posts (I know actually 😂)

Once in a while I check your posts since you seem to have all the time in the world to be    
on twitter which I assume is the byproduct of having a boring job.

I didn’t know kicking 5 punts can be so fucking tiring…. I thought since I was an athlete who made both HS and College teams and the fact I know thing or two about sports from actually playing them, I have a bit more credibility than some jealous loser from Bummblefuck, NY.   

I had you on ignore and decided to turn the page on New Year’s Day 2022.  Then I saw you’re still a moron and a loser who attacks anyone who disagrees with you (see your stupid remarks to G in the P&R section).   Seeing you’re still a jealous jackass, I put you back on ignore.    I know it bothers you a lot and I’m sorry about that.

Yet you just can’t help yourself but to keep reading and responding to my posts.  

Tell me, what level competitive football did you play?

and tell us, how old were you when you joined the army?  13, 15, or 18?

How does that work?  You do your time in the military and then go to highschool? Lol

18 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I've always wondered how kickers and punters have those swings of play.

They'll be automatic for years then suddenly just start missing kicks or shanking punts.

Maybe it is a physical thing I know McAfee on his podcast talked about how after every punt and kick his leg would seem to take longer to recover, maybe just the fact they are swinging it so hard. 

Could also just be mental they start playing bad then the jitters set in, much like MLB players and cold streaks. 

Unfortunately unlike the MLB you don't get 300 kicks a year to work it out, you only get 30 or so. 

Or a combination of both.

I mean Dixon is a average punter with a common for a leg, he just somehow forgot how to punt the ball straight this year lol 

As you're aware I was a kicker (and even was there in the Giants Training Camp in Albany in 2002).    I had a very strong leg and a very accurate one... so much so that I would split the uprights from mid-field.    In 2004, I had a much needed and much delayed torn meniscus surgery on my left knee (I'm right handed/legged).    When I tried to kick afterwards, my kicks were never the same.   The kick wasn't as strong and the accuracy went to shit.   I figured since my left leg is my planting leg, I needed it to be stable for the kick tp be accurate.... it wasn't.   When I planted there was always this slight "twitch" if you will.    

I assume as we get older especially with injuries and scar tissue build ups, the kicking position is very sensitive to that which is probably why most kickers go to shit rather quickly.    You have to be very lucky to last long in this league and kicking isn't any different albeit for a very different set of reasons.   

This guy was a kicker because he once pretended he might tryout.   He was there at training camp as a fan.  Never played organized football in his life. 

like his military career, his football prowess is a fabrication. 

41 minutes ago, Nas said:

As you're aware I was a kicker (and even was there in the Giants Training Camp in Albany in 2002).    I had a very strong leg and a very accurate one... so much so that I would split the uprights from mid-field.    In 2004, I had a much needed and much delayed torn meniscus surgery on my left knee (I'm right handed/legged).    When I tried to kick afterwards, my kicks were never the same.   The kick wasn't as strong and the accuracy went to shit.   I figured since my left leg is my planting leg, I needed it to be stable for the kick tp be accurate.... it wasn't.   When I planted there was always this slight "twitch" if you will.    

I assume as we get older especially with injuries and scar tissue build ups, the kicking position is very sensitive to that which is probably why most kickers go to shit rather quickly.    You have to be very lucky to last long in this league and kicking isn't any different albeit for a very different set of reasons.   

I think that's what McAfee was hinting at, that scar tissue builds up in the knee for many of these guys.

Also from my experience in college and trying to make the leap to a CFL camp, did you play in college? If not the NFL and CFL banned walked-ons in the 1980s, since many guys up here wanted to walk onto camps in 'Murica but they all needed an invitation.

3 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think that's what McAfee was hinting at, that scar tissue builds up in the knee for many of these guys.

Also from my experience in college and trying to make the leap to a CFL camp, did you play in college? If not the NFL and CFL banned walked-ons in the 1980s, since many guys up here wanted to walk onto camps in 'Murica but they all needed an invitation.

I played Soccer in college and had to bow out because I needed to work 12 hours a day 6 days a week to make ends meet.   You're correct about the walk-ons ban which I didn't know at the time.   I took the trip to Albany and waited.. and waited.. so much so that Amani Toomer spent 22 minutes talking with me insisting he wouldn't run (I'm guessing their lunch break) until he shows me who the Special Teams Coordinator was... we never got to see him so I thanked Toomer for his time and effort and drove back home.   It was surreal when I was kicking in front of the fans and a few kids would walk up to me asking me for autograph only for me to look up and see a parent waving at me from the bleachers.   I explained to them that I was hoping for a tryout and they all said I was really good... brought a smile to my face.   But after waking up at 5 am and driving all the way to Albany and kicking in front of fans in 95 degree heat... I was both disappointed and exhausted... I got back in the car and moved on.    Two years later I had my knee surgery... the leg strength had weakened a bit and my trajectory (the left leg is mostly responsible for that as it was my planting leg/foot) went to shit.