SportsWrath

Fromm

BlueInCanada

1 hour ago, Herc said:

It could be too high, maybe we could get later picks back.  I’m just saying we have the ammo to get a top qb right now, who has a track record of playing great behind a less than ideal o-line, who I think will be good for five years.  Plus we skip the risk of hitting the picks correctly and having to develop them in a draft class that apparently doesn’t have any great qb prospects.  

You might be right...   Wilson could be the sort of player who results in a parade up Broadway in the next 5 years.   

I also would not be upset if on Draft Day, the Giants land a monster of a Guard to replace Hernandez who along with Thomas and a returning Nick Gates who can give this team an actual chance at a running game and whoever is taking snaps an opportunity to throw the ball.     Have that other first round pick go to an edge rusher...  you know to make the other team's QB have to at least be concerned he will get hit.  You know Build a team who can be an actual contender for the next 10 years.

BUT, what will actually happen is the picks get blown some some raw physical freak who has no technique and/or is unable to stay on the field and we suck for perpetuity 

9 minutes ago, jranieli said:

Hernandez was such a bad pick. Didn't know it then. 

Right...  he seemed like a home run...  big nasty guy.    No one would have guessed he could not avoid holding or figure out the footwork to actually block people.

7 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

Right...  he seemed like a home run...  big nasty guy.    No one would have guessed he could not avoid holding or figure out the footwork to actually block people.

yeah, he'll probably figure it out on another team. 

1 hour ago, Nas said:

Why though?  The guy is at the tail end of his career and may not be the same after the injury. 

I think he’ll be ok after a broken finger.  I also think 33 is still prime period for him.  The great qbs of this generation seem to be fine into their late 30s (rodgers, Brees, rivers, roethlisberger, Peyton) and that’s not even factoring brady who is a freak 

1 hour ago, GorillaNJ said:

You might be right...   Wilson could be the sort of player who results in a parade up Broadway in the next 5 years.   

I also would not be upset if on Draft Day, the Giants land a monster of a Guard to replace Hernandez who along with Thomas and a returning Nick Gates who can give this team an actual chance at a running game and whoever is taking snaps an opportunity to throw the ball.     Have that other first round pick go to an edge rusher...  you know to make the other team's QB have to at least be concerned he will get hit.  You know Build a team who can be an actual contender for the next 10 years.

BUT, what will actually happen is the picks get blown some some raw physical freak who has no technique and/or is unable to stay on the field and we suck for perpetuity 

I’d love it too.  I am just very scared we can’t hit both picks.  I do not have faith in anyone who runs the team.  Even if gettleman is fired I am not confident we’ll hire someone who can maximize those picks in the actual draft.  Normally I’d just cross my fingers and be optimistic it happens but there’s a rare opportunity here to eliminate the risk of squandering that draft capital 

We would also need to get permission to work out an extension before he’s actually traded since we would need to clear a lot of room to add him.  

Even with an extension it’s going to be hard to fit him and any actual improvements under the cap.  

10 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

We would also need to get permission to work out an extension before he’s actually traded since we would need to clear a lot of room to add him.  

Even with an extension it’s going to be hard to fit him and any actual improvements under the cap.  

Agree.  I’d start with Shepard, Rudolph and Dixon.  Then talk to the big boys about restructures 

7 minutes ago, Herc said:

Agree.  I’d start with Shepard, Rudolph and Dixon.  Then talk to the big boys about restructures 

Dixon will save us 3 mil.  But we would still need to pay a punter.  So that saving will end up as not much.  

1 hour ago, Pdouble said:

Dixon will save us 3 mil.  But we would still need to pay a punter.  So that saving will end up as not much.  

No but if we are going to have a punter of his caliber I’d rather pay someone 1 mil instead of paying him as the 4th highest in the league 

19 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

Doesn't Wilson have a no trade clause? And didn't he say he'd waive it only if he got traded to Dallas? 

He hasn’t officially said anything yet.  Last year he dipped his toe in the water with his leaks bc he is very image conscious.  This year he’ll be more aggressive.  

Gonna have to say no to Wilson, though it is tempting. We're going to suck next year no matter who is under center, and probably the year after as well, especially without potentially three first round picks and literally no cap room.

Suddenly we're talking about a 35 year old guy who's been beaten into the ground from two years on a bad team that's just starting to get its shit together. 

If we clean house, let's clean house.

2 hours ago, Tempest said:

Fromm starting can't be significantly worse than Glennon and unlike the rest of you, I would like to see Daniel Jones play again this season if he is ready.

Well if it's risk Jones getting hurt for a fourth time in a season for maybe one more win, or shutting him down so he can go into next season healthy with one less injury on him I'd rather him be healthy and avoid another inquiry in his career.

Not to mention this neck injury sounds more complicated than initial reports. 

Today, 12:54 pm

Speaking Thursday, Russell Wilson called the report that he'd waive his no-trade clause a "non-story" and reiterated that he wants to play in Seattle for "20 years." 

Advice: Regardless of the truth or non-truth of the report, it was never going to be something that a quarterback was going to embrace talking about in the middle of the season. Wilson says he loves "this place, this city, this team," and while that may be true, it's not going to stop the speculation that the two sides will part given the events of last offseason and how the team has nose-dived to 4-8 in 2021. Wilson looked rejuvenated against the 49ers in Week 13 and will be on the QB1 borderline against the Texans.

From Yahoo Fantasy Sports.