SportsWrath

Fromm

BlueInCanada

Let him start the rest of the year at this point, maybe he has a Hinecke like career path. 

Jones and his neck injury sounds worse then initially reported, might as well shut him down till next year.

At this point in the season there's really nothing to gain other than seeing what the backups are capable of.

8 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Let him start the rest of the year at this point, maybe he has a Hinecke like career path. 

Jones and his neck injury sounds worse then initially reported, might as well shut him down till next year.

At this point in the season there's really nothing to gain other than seeing what the backups are capable of.

The way coaches used DJ reminds me of the RG3 treatment.   Your QB is NOT your running back.. I don't care how athletic he is (Jones isn't anyway).   I agree DJ should just sit the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Agree.

1 hour ago, GorillaNJ said:

I do think Fromm over Glennon for sure....      

I would hate for Jones to be a healthy scratch, even with this nightmare of an offense he gets better on the field than on the sideline.  

I'm not sure the Giants know what healthy is anymore... I don't have a problem with Jones sitting not just to see what we have in Fromm (I don't think we have much but you never know) but for DJ to get his head space and to heal both physically and mentally.  

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Agree 100%

8 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

Lol you have a coach still starting Solder over Peart.

That moron will never do this. 

Sadly... also agree.

Jones is just not the guy. He's just not. He's shown flashes, but that's not enough. And next year's draft is not the draft to go looking for a new QB. We need to do what what we did before Eli: Get a vet in the off season to carry us through. It'll mean another lost season or two, but in the meantime, build up everything else that's lacking. Hell, with a decent line maybe we catch fire with someone else's scrub QB while we wait for the football Gods to send us Eli's replacement. 

1 hour ago, BronxRik said:

Jones is just not the guy. He's just not. He's shown flashes, but that's not enough. And next year's draft is not the draft to go looking for a new QB. We need to do what what we did before Eli: Get a vet in the off season to carry us through. It'll mean another lost season or two, but in the meantime, build up everything else that's lacking. Hell, with a decent line maybe we catch fire with someone else's scrub QB while we wait for the football Gods to send us Eli's replacement. 

The excuses are valid, and he HAS shown flashes... but yeah, I've never gotten "the guy" vibes off him. He seems more like a second round pick with potential, and he's in year 3.

The last time he really made a play to win us a game was when? His rookie year against the Bucs?

3 hours ago, Pdouble said:

Fromm probably won’t play at all.  

I imagine the conversation went like this:

Kitchens: "Judge why don't we start Fromm and see what the kid can do, maybe he shows something and gives us an option next year, plus it might just save our asses as coaches showing we can coach a kid up. Worst comes to worst we can put Glennon back in next week."

Judge: "Well I watched the tapes and took away all the positives from the Miami game and Glennon is clearly the only one out there trusting the process, plus we have a good track record rushing QBs back from concussions" 

Kitchens: "But!"

Judge:"Guys guys guys just trust the process we are going to be alright, alright? We are like a submarine, and I'm like Matthew McConaughey in that submarine movie. We are going to U-571 this season, alright guys"

"I watched the tapes"

Kitchens: "Wonder if I can get back with the Browns....."

10 hours ago, BronxRik said:

I agree with this completely.  Jones is our Danny Kannel and Graham until we get Collins or another Eli.  Just bite the bullet.

7 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I imagine the conversation went like this:

Kitchens: "Judge why don't we start Fromm and see what the kid can do, maybe he shows something and gives us an option next year, plus it might just save our asses as coaches showing we can coach a kid up. Worst comes to worst we can put Glennon back in next week."

Judge: "Well I watched the tapes and took away all the positives from the Miami game and Glennon is clearly the only one out there trusting the process, plus we have a good track record rushing QBs back from concussions" 

Kitchens: "But!"

Judge:"Guys guys guys just trust the process we are going to be alright, alright? We are like a submarine, and I'm like Matthew McConaughey in that submarine movie. We are going to U-571 this season, alright guys"

"I watched the tapes"

Kitchens: "Wonder if I can get back with the Browns....."

Dude... this is gold.  Just pure gold.  :laugh:

43 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

Sweet Jesus no...   2 firsts for a 33 year old QB?       I would not kick Wilson off the team, but with all the needs this team has you cannot give up 2 young stud players

> implying we’d draft two young stud players

33 is not old for a qb in 2021 

40 minutes ago, Herc said:

> implying we’d draft two young stud players

33 is not old for a qb in 2021 

Well...    you  gotta hope that with what is looking like 2 top 10 pics they gotta be able to land something, something that will be productive for the next 5 years at a low cost.

I am not a draftologist but The Value of 2 pics that high I am not sure there is a QB out there worth that price (Who would have even a chance of being available)   Maybe a first and a later pic?

37 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

Well...    you  gotta hope that with what is looking like 2 top 10 pics they gotta be able to land something, something that will be productive for the next 5 years at a low cost.

I am not a draftologist but The Value of 2 pics that high I am not sure there is a QB out there worth that price (Who would have even a chance of being available)   Maybe a first and a later pic?

It could be too high, maybe we could get later picks back.  I’m just saying we have the ammo to get a top qb right now, who has a track record of playing great behind a less than ideal o-line, who I think will be good for five years.  Plus we skip the risk of hitting the picks correctly and having to develop them in a draft class that apparently doesn’t have any great qb prospects.