Jump to content
SportsWrath

Daniel Jones


Sephiroth
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Joe Guyden said:


 

If everything was the same but we squeaked out a win id be happy.  

I'm not interested in false hope.  I'd rather change course and not be the laughing stock of the league or division.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I'm not interested in false hope.  I'd rather change course and not be the laughing stock of the league or division.


 

Im all about wins.   I’m not interested in moral victories.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I want a pattern of wins...not one offs that lead to the doldrums of 8-9 or 9-8 but no further


 

Yeah we’d all love to go undefeated.   
 

Meanwhile I’ll always take an ugly win over a good looking loss. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think why this loss was so demoralizing is the Giants looked the exact same they did the last five years.

And it's funny to think going into this season it was the Oline that was the worry.

Defense was solid, new WRs, Jones in year 3, Barkley back.

Who would of thought after week 1 the Oline is ranked in the top 10 in the NFL and everyone else is bottom of the league lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the Giants came out and had a close loss or squeezed out a win then everything would be relatively fine.

They literally had the worst performance they could of had Sunday.

If the trend continues tomorrow then get ready for a nuclear explosion from the media and the wheels to fall off the team.

Not to mention 0-2 you have like a 8% chance of making the playoffs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 11:41 AM, Sephiroth said:

The time for excuses is over for Jones.  He's got maybe another 5 weeks to show he can cut it in this league.   He's been here for two years... most QBs that are going to be decent have learned to look off the safety by now and not miss guys by 5 yards... and how many fucking times does he have to turn the ball over before in the EXACT SAME WAY we admit he's not the guy? 

During that drive I said to my dad, "whelp, Denver just scored a TD.  This is usually the drive where Jones takes us downfield and gives the team hope, then either fumbles or throws a pick inside the 5."  Guess what happened? 

I have also never understood this.  "Well, a young QB needs to build confidence."  Yeah, a young QB also needs to prove he's the guy, and if he's not there needs to be a Plan B... the Giants never have a Plan B. 

We will never pick a running QB who can throw and take a hit either.  Always these sodbusters that can't run and throw consistently into coverage during their third years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 12:52 PM, Joe Guyden said:


 

Yeah.  I also thought Dex, Leo, and Danny Shelton got good pressure up the middle, Lorenzo Carter just doesn’t seem like a good player. 
 

 

the coaching was what me and my cousin found ourselves bitching about the most.    Well that and the commentary “how cool is Teddy Bridgewater”, we spent the rest of the game saying shit like that.  

The guy had at least three look out sacks coming his way and he shook off all three.  Guy can play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't expect undefeated, but I do expect to be competitive and we have been far from it for literally years.

Browns were shit for how long?  How those fans stayed loyal and hopeful, I have no idea. I love the Giants, and will forever be a fan...but my interest in watching has waned hardcore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 2:17 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Mine never get out away just moved around and refilled lol 

There were some positives in the game for sure.

Thomas, Gates and Bredeson looked solid on the Oline.

Golladay is an animal and we should be feeding him the ball, the guy bailed Jones out on every pass by literally ripping the ball out of the DBs hands. He should be Jones security blanket like Plax was with Eli sailing balls 2 feet above his head lol 

Shepard looks faster this year don't know what he's been doing but he looks like OBJ out there in terms of him cutting on a dime after getting the ball. 

Ojulari made some plays and was all over the field. Dex was pushing the pocket but was getting double teamed a lot I noticed by the center and guard.

Martinez and Ragland are tackling machines. 

Rudolph looks good in the blocking game. 

Holmes played well in the secondary.

this... Golladay is Plax reborn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, gmenroc said:

I don't even need a winning record to trust Jones...just stop turning the fucking ball over and be accurate with his throws.

This should not be an issue at this point in his career.

This...  had had both hands on the ball and still fumbled after the hit.  Hook slide or they will bust your ass.  Simple.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 8:41 AM, Sephiroth said:

The time for excuses is over for Jones.  He's got maybe another 5 weeks to show he can cut it in this league.   He's been here for two years... most QBs that are going to be decent have learned to look off the safety by now and not miss guys by 5 yards... and how many fucking times does he have to turn the ball over before in the EXACT SAME WAY we admit he's not the guy? 

During that drive I said to my dad, "whelp, Denver just scored a TD.  This is usually the drive where Jones takes us downfield and gives the team hope, then either fumbles or throws a pick inside the 5."  Guess what happened? 

I have also never understood this.  "Well, a young QB needs to build confidence."  Yeah, a young QB also needs to prove he's the guy, and if he's not there needs to be a Plan B... the Giants never have a Plan B. 

I don't know what it is about the Giants and QB's, but I'm convinced if we got Mahomes, or Jackson, or Rodgers, or anyone like that, they would never have the success here they have where they are now. Even with Eli, God rest his football soul, they never developed him into the "next Peyton Manning". Don't get me wrong I love him, he won us 2 SB's, was as clutch as they come and was a fucking ironman, but I wonder how he would have done somewhere else (in either Pitt or San Diego). It just seems like they never get with the times, and then wonder "what the fuck happened". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

I don't know what it is about the Giants and QB's, but I'm convinced if we got Mahomes, or Jackson, or Rodgers, or anyone like that, they would never have the success here they have where they are now. Even with Eli, God rest his football soul, they never developed him into the "next Peyton Manning". Don't get me wrong I love him, he won us 2 SB's, was as clutch as they come and was a fucking ironman, but I wonder how he would have done somewhere else (in either Pitt or San Diego). It just seems like they never get with the times, and then wonder "what the fuck happened". 

I agree with you Rik.  It is something in the DNA of the Giants where they ruin QB's or hold them back this side of Y.A. Tittle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

We will never pick a running QB who can throw and take a hit either.  Always these sodbusters that can't run and throw consistently into coverage during their third years.

except the only thing Jones actually does well - okay okay, aside from the fumbles - is take off and run. 

he is at least really, really fast. He's not some sodbuster who can't run, he's a mobile QB who can't read a defense. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, BronxRik said:

I don't know what it is about the Giants and QB's, but I'm convinced if we got Mahomes, or Jackson, or Rodgers, or anyone like that, they would never have the success here they have where they are now. Even with Eli, God rest his football soul, they never developed him into the "next Peyton Manning". Don't get me wrong I love him, he won us 2 SB's, was as clutch as they come and was a fucking ironman, but I wonder how he would have done somewhere else (in either Pitt or San Diego). It just seems like they never get with the times, and then wonder "what the fuck happened". 

Agreed...though as well as Eli played, I'm not sure we are winning those SBs without the defenses we had.   Not knocking Eli, just giving those defenses the credit they deserve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

Agreed...though as well as Eli played, I'm not sure we are winning those SBs without the defenses we had.   Not knocking Eli, just giving those defenses the credit they deserve

huh? the 2011 defense was not good at all. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CrazedDogs said:

huh? the 2011 defense was not good at all. 

 


 

and in 2007, without Eli they’d be the defense that ALMOST stopped Brady and the undefeated greatest team ever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 07 defense was a good d that got really hot at the end of the season.  Eli still put the team on his back when it mattered in those playoff games.

11 was all about eli and 2 receivers going ape shit all season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I think why this loss was so demoralizing is the Giants looked the exact same they did the last five years.

And it's funny to think going into this season it was the Oline that was the worry.

Defense was solid, new WRs, Jones in year 3, Barkley back.

Who would of thought after week 1 the Oline is ranked in the top 10 in the NFL and everyone else is bottom of the league lol 

This is what it was for me.  Jones was supposed to take a step.  Garrett was supposed to take a step as a playcaller.  Barkley was supposed to take a step.  Literally none of those things happened. 

18 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

If the Giants came out and had a close loss or squeezed out a win then everything would be relatively fine.

They literally had the worst performance they could of had Sunday.

If the trend continues tomorrow then get ready for a nuclear explosion from the media and the wheels to fall off the team.

Not to mention 0-2 you have like a 8% chance of making the playoffs. 

Hold up... if we start 0-2, it'll clearly be "HURR DURR... BUT IT'S JUST LIKE 2007!" I dunno how many times I've heard that over the past five seasons. 

15 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

This... they stuck with Dave Brown for so many years.

I thought he was only the starter for two, then we went to Kent Graham a few games into Fassel's tenure? +

1 hour ago, Herc said:

The 07 defense was a good d that got really hot at the end of the season.  Eli still put the team on his back when it mattered in those playoff games.

11 was all about eli and 2 receivers going ape shit all season

I always felt like the Pats had an answer for Strahan in that game and an answer for Osi.  They did NOT have an answer for Justin Tuck, who played out of his mind during that playoff run.  He was the biggest disruptor on that defense in the Super Bow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

except the only thing Jones actually does well - okay okay, aside from the fumbles - is take off and run. 

he is at least really, really fast. He's not some sodbuster who can't run, he's a mobile QB who can't read a defense. 

 

I feel you CD... he has to learn how to take a hit.  He had both hands on the ball and still fumbled.  He had an eternity back there on half of his plays.  All he had to do on most plays was to step up and he had time to no throw into double/triple coverage on his first read from the huddle.  :laugh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Herc said:

The 07 defense was a good d that got really hot at the end of the season.  Eli still put the team on his back when it mattered in those playoff games.

11 was all about eli and 2 receivers going ape shit all season

Word...   Strahan retired at the right moment.  Avoided devastating injury and went out on top.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...