SportsWrath

Daniel Jones

Sephiroth

Also as much as I've ragged on Garrett for having the worst offense in the NFL. 

He's done wonders for Jones development. 

He's got him going through his reads, making progression calls, calling audibles at the line, hes now throwing to his check downs when nothings there. 

Jones has done nothing but excel under Garrett. 

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also as much as I've ragged on Garrett for having the worst offense in the NFL. 

He's done wonders for Jones development. 

He's got him going through his reads, making progression calls, calling audibles at the line, hes now throwing to his check downs when nothings there. 

Jones has done nothing but excel under Garrett. 

Funny how everyone wants to fire everybody but Judge, meanwhile I’m over here wanting to keep everyone but Judge. 

14 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I didn't watch the game, but from highlights I think Jameis Winston may not be a better QB than Daniel Jones.

14 hours ago, jranieli said:

I think they've lost to better qb's so far that him

13 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

Its what I've been saying all along, he's the franchise quarterback and the future of the organization

The forever fate of the Giants.  Make back up QB's look like Montana, Aikman or Brady.  ;)

54 minutes ago, Joe Guyden said:

Funny how everyone wants to fire everybody but Judge, meanwhile I’m over here wanting to keep everyone but Judge. 

To be fair, I still want to fire everybody. 

I think it's amazing the praise being heaped on the players and coaching staff of a 1-3 team.  Rudolph doesn't jump on that Barkley fumble and we're all having a completely different conversation this morning... one I suspect we'll be having after the Rams game. 

I want everyone gone except the players.   They screw up next year and they can be gone as well.  I hate to write it but 52 years of watching Giants ups and downs does not predispose me to people like Gettleman, Judge and/or Garrett.  Buh Bye.  There are many people out there who can fix this.  The previous three people listed are not the only ones.  Especially when they are making things worse rather than better.  IMHO.

12 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I think it's amazing the praise being heaped on the players and coaching staff of a 1-3 team.  Rudolph doesn't jump on that Barkley fumble and we're all having a completely different conversation this morning... one I suspect we'll be having after the Rams game. 

The same thing can be said about the Washington game. A missed field goal changes this teams fortunes. Jones wasn't even terrible that game. The defense let the the team down. They played better in NO. 

I am looking for improvement this year. Last year we had some flashes. I can see why people can get excited about Jones. Overall, he's having an great start to the year. His turnovers are way down and he's playing smart. He has some weapons and some protection. Sheppard was his number 1 receiver last year. 

I am just hoping Judge learns from his mistakes, but if he doesn't. Then he's show the door. 

1 hour ago, Joe Guyden said:

I'd get rid of Judge and keep Garrett on as QB coach.

Graham too at this point. Like o said the team is still 1 and 3.

We lose to the Cowboys 1 and 4 and 0 and 2 in the division is basically lights out on the season. 

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Seph, you can pick a handful of plays from any game in the NLF (Giants or not) and make that same remark and you'd still be correct... This 1-3 team is 3-1 in my book... Maybe it's because I don't mind losing as much as I loath stinking up the joint... if we play a tough game and it's a close game, fine with me... the caveat is the effort is there... 

I didn't want to fire anyone (although won't object to firing certain people).   My thing is it takes time to turn a ship around... and the Judge team is barely into his 2nd season... for that reason, you have to trust the process and let it play out before jumping ship.    It feels good to get a win... a very good win mind you.   Now we turn our attention to the Cowboys... 

We lose to the Cowboys 1 and 4 and 0 and 2 in the division is basically lights out on the season. 

You'd get rid of Judge and hire who exactly?   And no matter how you insert here, what makes you so sure he's going to do better than Judge?    Boy I'm glad none of you is in the FO.    

1 hour ago, jranieli said:

The same thing can be said about the Washington game. A missed field goal changes this teams fortunes. Jones wasn't even terrible that game. The defense let the the team down. They played better in NO. 

I am looking for improvement this year. Last year we had some flashes. I can see why people can get excited about Jones. Overall, he's having an great start to the year. His turnovers are way down and he's playing smart. He has some weapons and some protection. Sheppard was his number 1 receiver last year. 

I am just hoping Judge learns from his mistakes, but if he doesn't. Then he's show the door. 

Last year I felt was the year for growth, and we got growth that season.  This year is the year for wins.  I'm not seeing it. 

Honestly I'm not sure what you see in him BC.  Jones was a better (though admittedly more mistake-prone) QB under Shurmur, and if anything this is the first game under Garrett where Jones has looked like an NFL-caliber QB.  That's not all Jones' fault or Garrett's but some of these play calls are absolutely ridiculous.  If anything I feel Garrett has stunted his development. 

19 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Last year I felt was the year for growth, and we got growth that season.  This year is the year for wins.  I'm not seeing it. 

Honestly I'm not sure what you see in him BC.  Jones was a better (though admittedly more mistake-prone) QB under Shurmur, and if anything this is the first game under Garrett where Jones has looked like an NFL-caliber QB.  That's not all Jones' fault or Garrett's but some of these play calls are absolutely ridiculous.  If anything I feel Garrett has stunted his development. 

The only thing I could argue here is that maybe he wasn't ready for the playbook to open up. I mean last year, the offensive line was so bad and with Barkley out, how can you realistically open up the playbook when everyone either sucks or is injured. I am also going to say that many of Eli's years were stunted because a bad offensive line. 

I don't mind looking past the record up to a point, but when we have to massage the outcome against the likes of Atlanta or WTF, those are losses any way we slice it.

Remember the final regular season game in '07, almost beating a highly motivated Patriots team.... that was a loss that meant something. Self defeat vs the Falcons doesn't rate.

4 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

That said, it looked to me like the Giants have had more talent on the field than the opposition the last three weeks. So maybe if we get a little game management from the sidelines we'd have something to show for it.

Gettleman doing his job, Judge is not. 

7 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I don't mind looking past the record up to a point, but when we have to massage the outcome against the likes of Atlanta or WTF, those are losses any way we slice it.

Remember the final regular season game in '07, almost beating a highly motivated Patriots team.... that was a loss that meant something. Self defeat vs the Falcons doesn't rate.

We were also a Saquon fumble recovered luckily by Rudolph, away from being 0-4. 

We were also a incomplete helmet catch from losing in 2007. We were also a Scott Norwood made field goal from losing in 1991. We were an out of bounds Manningham catch that could have cost us a win. The Red Sox were an out a way from Buckners blunder in 86. 

3 minutes ago, jranieli said:

We were also a incomplete helmet catch from losing in 2007. We were also a Scott Norwood made field goal from losing in 1991. We were an out of bounds Manningham catch that could have cost us a win. The Red Sox were an out a way from Buckners blunder in 86. 

Yep.  A win is still a win, and a loss is still a loss.       

C300128-F-5-ED4-45-F2-9691-38-F679-E2100

41 minutes ago, jranieli said:

clap.gif

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Was Judge this conservative last season? 

I feel like he wasn't, but maybe we just weren't in enough games for it to be a factor.

I think there was a stretch of 3 games in a row where Judge went for it on 4th and short or 4th and goal... we converted none of them. Now everyone is saying "why is Judge so conservative?"

Probably because he got kicked in the dick enough times last year.