SportsWrath

Daniel Jones

Sephiroth

26 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

And it's funny with Eli they drafted what? Four QBs?

Nassib, Webb, Lauletta and I think there was one more.

Eli the toughest fucking QB to play the game "let's draft some young guys to see if they develop but then we do bench Eli we won't let them start instead we'll start Geno Smith"

Jones a QB who's never finished a season healthy and is on his make of break year "let's bring in a 10 year vet and no other option at QB" 

lol 

Would have been nice if there were decent QBs out there but who was out there this offseason? Tyrod Taylor?

I suppose we could have traded for Bridgewater

2 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Yeah, the two positives from this game are Sterling Shepherd and Andrew Thomas, at least Thomas in the passing game.

Golladay looked fuckin good too as advertised. Ojulari got his first sack.    

3 minutes ago, mastershake said:

True. Also good points. Unfortunately wasn't it Ojulari who also had that roughing the passer penalty? Besides that though he looked good.

Yeah.  I also thought Dex, Leo, and Danny Shelton got good pressure up the middle, Lorenzo Carter just doesn’t seem like a good player. 

the coaching was what me and my cousin found ourselves bitching about the most.    Well that and the commentary “how cool is Teddy Bridgewater”, we spent the rest of the game saying shit like that.  

This guy was going through his progressions his rookie year.  Two years of running for his life and he’s rushing the ball to his first option even when he has time.  It’s the end of career shook Eli syndrome all over again 

1 minute ago, jranieli said:

I like the Giants crock pot 

you want some meatballs? I made like a million and it was just me my cousin and grandpa.   My wife also had soft pretzel bites, buff chicken dip, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, French onion dip, charcuterie.  

1 hour ago, Joe Guyden said:

There’s also a bong in that picture I forgot to put away. 

Mine never get out away just moved around and refilled lol 

1 hour ago, Joe Guyden said:

Golladay looked fuckin good too as advertised. Ojulari got his first sack.    

There were some positives in the game for sure.

Thomas, Gates and Bredeson looked solid on the Oline.

Golladay is an animal and we should be feeding him the ball, the guy bailed Jones out on every pass by literally ripping the ball out of the DBs hands. He should be Jones security blanket like Plax was with Eli sailing balls 2 feet above his head lol 

Shepard looks faster this year don't know what he's been doing but he looks like OBJ out there in terms of him cutting on a dime after getting the ball. 

Ojulari made some plays and was all over the field. Dex was pushing the pocket but was getting double teamed a lot I noticed by the center and guard.

Martinez and Ragland are tackling machines. 

Rudolph looks good in the blocking game. 

Holmes played well in the secondary.

Thomas was the highest graded tackle in pass pro.

Lemeiux also had his highest grade of 80 something.

I hate PFF and think it's subjective trash but atleast the numbers are going up rather than down lol 

Oh Jones also had a clean pocket 75% of the plays second highest in his career. 

1 hour ago, Herc said:

This guy was going through his progressions his rookie year.  Two years of running for his life and he’s rushing the ball to his first option even when he has time.  It’s the end of career shook Eli syndrome all over again 

I've thought this as well.  He feels like he has to get rid of the ball within a second and a half. 

Which honestly... while that's been true... also points to his total lack of pocket awareness... the line gave him plenty of time this game and he sucked anyway. 

4 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

The time for excuses is over for Jones.  He's got maybe another 5 weeks to show he can cut it in this league.   He's been here for two years... most QBs that are going to be decent have learned to look off the safety by now and not miss guys by 5 yards... and how many fucking times does he have to turn the ball over before in the EXACT SAME WAY we admit he's not the guy? 

During that drive I said to my dad, "whelp, Denver just scored a TD.  This is usually the drive where Jones takes us downfield and gives the team hope, then either fumbles or throws a pick inside the 5."  Guess what happened? 

I have also never understood this.  "Well, a young QB needs to build confidence."  Yeah, a young QB also needs to prove he's the guy, and if he's not there needs to be a Plan B... the Giants never have a Plan B. 

Oh come on now excuses are like diamonds; forever.  He doesn't have 5 weeks, he has all season because we have Mike Glennon to back him up.  Giants always have a plan B, it just happens to be the same plan the Titanic went with.  :D

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Thomas was the highest graded tackle in pass pro.

Lemeiux also had his highest grade of 80 something.

I hate PFF and think it's subjective trash but atleast the numbers are going up rather than down lol 

Oh Jones also had a clean pocket 75% of the plays second highest in his career. 

I'm surprised about Lemieux, I thought Bredenson was an immediate upgrade - he looked real good every time I saw him.

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

I've thought this as well.  He feels like he has to get rid of the ball within a second and a half. 

Which honestly... while that's been true... also points to his total lack of pocket awareness... the line gave him plenty of time this game and he sucked anyway. 

Ugh. Good, but depressing, point.

On 9/13/2021 at 2:38 PM, CrazedDogs said:

The coverage breakdowns in the secondary were so glaring, I noticed a few opportunities Bridgewater missed. Would have been a total, miserable beat down if that were a top offense.

To me it looked like the whole scheme was a mess, making Bridgewater look good. Guys were running free all day. I put that on the DC not the individual players...which is good news-ish as it's fixable.

I'm so tired of watching the Giants roll into Week 1 looking like they spent training camp at the water park.

TC never seemed to lose week 1 .......in fact we always seemed to be 5-2 before the usual Nov collapse

i miss those days 

Plenty of time to turn it around .......but we could really do with a W against Washington

Jones has the whole season to prove himself IMO ........but nothing short of 9-8 will save him 

19 minutes ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

TC never seemed to lose week 1 .......in fact we always seemed to be 5-2 before the usual Nov collapse

i miss those days 

Plenty of time to turn it around .......but we could really do with a W against Washington

Jones has the whole season to prove himself IMO ........but nothing short of 9-8 will save him 

Strangely, Coughlin lost week 1 in both the seasons we won Super Bowls. 

2 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Again, I think those who are critical are so because the patterns are not changing...not so much the loss itself.

We will see what happens tomorrow.

If everything was the same but we squeaked out a win id be happy.