SportsWrath

O'Dell to the WFT?

Blindgreed1

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Would hate to have to play against him three times in the next five years.

:LMAO:

Love me some Odell but that was good.

2 hours ago, Blindgreed1 said:

Trade rumors abound, the latest is Odell to the Washington Football Team. How yall feeling about that?

Much like he's been the last two years, he would be a non factor.

Scary Terry is the only one in that WR group I'm worried about, fucker is a baller even with trash QBs.

12 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Scary Terry is the only one in that WR group I'm worried about

yeah but if OBJ were to go to the skins he would probably disrupt their wr corps and mess with their heads and character 

I'm kinda split on Beckham.  Part of me sees him as a hard working, just wanna win guy who is ultra competitive.  Other part of me sees him as a selfish prick who has skated by on his own natural ability and never was taught how to work for something.  And as such, he expects the same from everyone else.  

Either way, there is a disconnect somewhere that rubs people the wrong way despite his talent.  And now he's injury prone.  How's he gonna react to being the #2 WR is Washington?

23 hours ago, Lughead said:

yeah but if OBJ were to go to the skins he would probably disrupt their wr corps and mess with their heads and character 

Amazing how quickly things change around here. I remember when he picked a fight with the kickers net and commented that the guy was a head case, everyone here jumped to defend him and the general column of thought was that it doesn't matter, "the only thing that matters is what he does on the field on Sundays." Or something like that. Im thinking your squad dodged a bullet when they got rid of him.

9 hours ago, Blindgreed1 said:

Amazing how quickly things change around here. I remember when he picked a fight with the kickers net and commented that the guy was a head case, everyone here jumped to defend him and the general column of thought was that it doesn't matter, "the only thing that matters is what he does on the field on Sundays." Or something like that. Im thinking your squad dodged a bullet when they got rid of him.

He wasnt the same player after the trade. A diva? Melodramatic? Sure. The headcase he was now? No.

Something in him fucking snapped the moment he was told "No we don't need you" by the Giants.

And instead of using it as motivation that some team was willing to trade for your services, he went off the deep end.

I remember when he was heralded as a hero.

For all his flaws, he remains a great player.  I see a player ruled by his passions and emotions.  I don't see a diminished player but one who has to harness his emotions and focus.  I think about when Minnesota cut Moss and Oakland traded him for peanuts there was a misconception at the time that Randy Moss was done in the NFL.

If Odell can regain that focus and put the team ahead of himself, you will see his best is still ahead.

On 2/6/2021 at 7:44 AM, Blindgreed1 said:

Not everyone jumped to defend him... some of us were thinking he's just young and stupid... but when stupid continued, that's when he was traded.